Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on September 17, 1983 in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada
* Estimated Date of Death: 2 + years prior to discovery
* Cause of Death: Suicide
* State of Remains: Skeletal
* Estimated age: 70-80 years old (born 1903-1913)
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"-5'10"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Had severe case of Arthritis of the spine; walked stooped; head at neck bent forward.
* Clothing: Brown khaki pants, brown belt, black shoes, red zip sweater, green nylon jacket, long underwear, brown socks. 1 black wingtip shoe.
* Personal Effects: There was a pair of black plastic framed bifocal eyeglasses and cigarettes found at scene
* Fingerprints: Not available
* Dentals: Available; Dental Features: #4-6 - Gold Porcelain; #8 - Gold/Porcelain; #11-13 - Post Mortem fracture; #14 - D. Amalgam; #31-29 - Permanent bridge; #21-19 - Permanent bridge.
The skeletal remains of this male were found in open desert area about 1 ¾ of a mile west of the end of Ann Road & about ¼ of a mile north in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 17, 1983.
It appears the victim shot himself in the head with a .22 Ruger automatic with the serial number filed off.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Las Vegas Metro Police
Clark County Coroner
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Coroner Case Number: 83-1298 http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase544.html