Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on August 19, 1998 in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
* Estimated Date of Death: 2-7 days
* Decomposed Remains
* Estimated age: 45 - 55 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
* Clothing: A pair of shorts.
* Skeletal Findings: Osteoarthritis on the vertebral column.
* Fingerprints: Available
* Dentals: Available. He had perfect teeth with $6,000 to $8,000 worth of dental work in his mouth. Pontics noted for teeth #5,7,8,10 & 12.
* DNA: Available at state lab.
The victim was located in the Mississippi River near the Huey P. Long Bridge on August 19, 1998.
Investigators found a gunshot wound in his back, signs of mutilation on his body, and trauma on his chest and ribs, probably caused from a fall from a high place.
Based on the speeds of the river currents that week, investigators estimate that the man entered the river near Luling. They said he may have been dropped from the Hale Boggs Bridge in Luling or possibly from a large seagoing vessel. But, investigators say these are just theories.
Database searches turned up this much about the man: he had no criminal record, he has never worked for the U.S. government and never served in the military.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
LSU Faces Lab
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
Detective John Drury
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: