TCB

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to TCB: The Collector's Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

- PM Control Panel Mailbox shows 90+% Full
ie
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 07:18 PM
 [Quote]

Living vicariously through himself

Group: Member
Member No.: 4

I probably should have just sent Collector an IM, but I guess I was wondering if anyone else noticed their PM mailbox were over 90% full when they only have something like four items in their inbox.

Weird, huh?
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Collector
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 01:07 AM
 [Quote]

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Quite weird. *shrug*

--------------------
"If I have any more beaver trouble, you'll be the first to know!"
 [PM]  [Email]  [Site]  [AOL]  [Yahoo]
 [Top]
Marcelo X
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 02:53 PM
 [Quote]

godless and lovin' it

Member No.: 10

Mine says FULL! and I dont have much in there
 [PM]  [Email]  [Site]
 [Top]
ie
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 01:52 AM
 [Quote]

Collector, I wish I could be like that at work. "Oh you have an issue? Good to know."

Marcelo, perhaps we need to... oh wait, douching jokes aren't PG, are they?
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Collector
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 02:46 PM
 [Quote]

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I wish I could dispatch a team of technicians to tackle this issue, but we'll have to settle for *shrug*.

Mine also says 90% full, but I have 45 out of the maximum of 50 stored messages. So that's just math.

Something to check: Maybe you've cleaned out you inbox, but you still have lots of sent messages.

--------------------
"If I have any more beaver trouble, you'll be the first to know!"
 [PM]  [Email]  [Site]  [AOL]  [Yahoo]
 [Top]
ie
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 01:36 AM
 [Quote]

TEAM COLLECTOR, GO.

From my experience, usually one technician will own a ticket and carry it out with the user until completion. My ticket is "my inbox shows almost full" and the technician working on it is InvisionFree.

Another shitty thing about being in tech support is this: the smart aleck user. For example, you receive a ticket that says "my inbox shows almost full" and that's it. That's all the details the lazy and incompetent help desk asked the user, so you're left basically at square one. What do you do? Well, you follow some sort of basic troubleshooting. In most cases, it starts with restarting the computer, then moves onto more advanced issues, since rarely did a configuration in the flux capacitor cause the blinker light fluid to dissolve - more likely you just need to reboot the damn thing more than once a year. Some people take "restarting the computer" as turning on and off the monitor of the computer. That's when you hack the planet and go into DOS and do a "shutdown -i" command, adding their computer name if your computer lives on the same local network as theirs, and say "NEXT TIME, BUY A DOG!"

But what if the user already tried restarting the computer? And actually knew what restarting the computer meant? Then of course, you've just encountered the snarky user. He or she will make sarcastic remarks such as "I already did that" or "this is a funny conversation we're having" (real quote from a real user) or some other form of disrespect and disregard. Shit, you bastard, I didn't know you knew how to fix your own fucking problem. Have at it.

OK, are you done being a little bitch? Hey guess what I'm here to do? Fix your issue. Now shut up and let me ask you these stupid questions so I can rule out "user is a dumbass" and "user forgot to do something simple."

So the basic idea of troubleshooting is that we start with the easiest fix and go from there. Besides, if a configuration in the flux capacitor cause the blinker light fluid to dissolve, you wouldn't be the only one with this issue.

So anyways, good idea. Already did that before asking. I suspect there are some invisible messages floating around, and that is to say, I had some old messages that Invisionfree archived incorrectly, so instead of completely clearing the messages out of my inbox or total listing, they just left it in there. Maybe.
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
ie
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 01:41 AM
 [Quote]

Now I can't send Marcelo messages. sad.gif

Guess I shouldn't swear like a sailor quite so much.
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
« Next Oldest | Help Desk | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

[Topic Options]  [Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

2001-2012
Mighty links: Final Fantasy Origins - Amazon.com - Play-Asia.com

Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive