TCB

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to TCB: The Collector's Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

- Languages, Espańol, ελληνικά, 한
ie
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 12:42 AM
 [Quote]

Living vicariously through himself

Group: Member
Member No.: 4

Let's get some content here.

One of my newest recent interests is the study of languages. I've probably mentioned my Japanese studies in the past, but lately I've been hanging out with Korean and Vietnamese speaker(s), and I skypechat with a Greek friend of mine with great English. I practice other words and languages here and there, too.

How about you guys?
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Collector
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 01:37 AM
 [Quote]

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I'll play along, but I'm sure we'll go back to forgetting this place exists in a couple of days.

I don't think my language study has progressed much in the last 10 years or so. I can read kana (though I forget a few at times) and know a handful of kanji and Japanese words. Other than that, I pick up a new words from various languages once in a while, as I'm sure most people do.

--------------------
"If I have any more beaver trouble, you'll be the first to know!"
 [PM]  [Email]  [Site]  [AOL]  [Yahoo]
 [Top]
ie
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 01:46 AM
 [Quote]

Living vicariously through himself

Group: Member
Member No.: 4

Shh... the suspension of disbelief will be ruined... wink.gif

I think the language learning guides are poor at best, because you really have to apply what you learn in a real world context. Native speakers notice when you pronounce something wrong, but you can get a decent start with language guides.

I haven't practiced Japanese in years and even in high school, it was just two years of basic level hiragana/katakana and other things I don't remember. Videogames certainly help to apply Japanese.
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
« Next Oldest | Standard Forum #1 | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

[Topic Options]  [Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

© 2001-2012
Mighty links: Final Fantasy Origins - Amazon.com - Play-Asia.com

Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive