TCB

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to TCB: The Collector's Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

- May I point your attention over to the Calender...
ie
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 04:13 AM
 [Quote]

Living vicariously through himself

Group: Member
Member No.: 4

I will be away for a few days, but I wanted to bring up the Calender that's at the bottom of the main page.

My source over at Amazon (Doctor Search Engine) recently informed me that V For Vendetta, a movie everyone except Shee Ping, knows to be made of win. Was it Shee Ping? Regardless, I will be getting myself a copy of the special edition, and I think others will too.

And in a couple of weeks: Silent Hill and the Wizard. On DVD! Scumdogg! Quick, to the DVD-Buying-Mobile!

Well, not so quick, as it's at the end of the month. But I know you'd be estatic to finally own it on DVD, and not in the German Joystick Heroes edition.
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Scumdogg
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 12:05 PM
 [Quote]

Fake Optimus
Group Icon

Group: Hired Goon
Member No.: 51

All plans point to me buying V for Vendetta on tuesday. Any word on special editions or prices?

Also, the Wizard is finally coming to DVD??? Hells yeah. I'll be picking that up, no doubt about it. Always glad to eliminate a VHS copy of something. biggrin.gif

"I love my Power Glove...it's so bad."

--------------------
user posted image
 [PM]  [Email]  [Site]  [AOL]
 [Top]
Omegaflare
Posted: Jul 30 2006, 11:58 PM
 [Quote]

Bad Dude

Member No.: 69

So what eactly is V for Vendetta about? Is it like Aeon Flux?

--------------------
Nope, it makes you a good person. Mocking the less fortunate is one of life's greatest pleasures. Like watching those people with those metal hand stick walkers, wobbling left and right, barely having any balance, and then seeing them fall. After you throw their walking sticks REALLY far from them, you throw dirt on their face and mock them for being too proud to use a wheelchair. You know, little things like that make life worth living.
-Marcelo

[PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Scumdogg
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 12:23 AM
 [Quote]

Fake Optimus
Group Icon

QUOTE (Omegaflare @ Jul 30 2006, 11:58 PM)
So what eactly is V for Vendetta about? Is it like Aeon Flux?

In that it is a movie based on non-movie source material, yes. In all other ways that i'm aware of, no, it's nothing like Aeon Flux.

--------------------
user posted image
 [Top]
Omegaflare
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:01 AM
 [Quote]

Bad Dude

Member No.: 69

I meant is the basic story the same? From what I've hear V for Vendetta is about a world were everyone is the same and somebody rises up to change it. That's kinda what happened in Aeon Flux. If you completely break down both movies I think there pretty similar....

--------------------
Nope, it makes you a good person. Mocking the less fortunate is one of life's greatest pleasures. Like watching those people with those metal hand stick walkers, wobbling left and right, barely having any balance, and then seeing them fall. After you throw their walking sticks REALLY far from them, you throw dirt on their face and mock them for being too proud to use a wheelchair. You know, little things like that make life worth living.
-Marcelo

[PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
Scumdogg
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:03 AM
 [Quote]

Fake Optimus
Group Icon

Well, by that train of logic, "Aeon Flux" is the same as say, "1984". A statement most literary afficionados might club you about the head and shoulders for uttering. laugh2.gif

Yes, though, they are both bleak future stories. But the similarities end there, i think.

--------------------
user posted image
 [Top]
ie
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 02:33 PM
 [Quote]

Living vicariously through himself

Member No.: 4

Aeon Flux is like the Godfather.
The Godfather is like Chicago.
Chicago is like Quitting.
Quitting is like Star Wars.
Star Wars is like the Hidden Fortress. (hey, wait a minute...)
The Hidden Fortress is like Spirited Away.
Spirited Away is like Aeon Flux.

So, Scums, sorry about the delay, but yeah there were a few versions. Fullscreen, single-disc widescreen, double-disc widescreen. I still haven't bought mine, but I should. Before they up the price, like they did with Terminator 1. sad.gif

The Wizard sounds like it's not going to be anything extras-laden, but shittles, Batman, it's the Wizard.
 [PM]  [Email]
 [Top]
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

[Topic Options]  [Add Reply]  [New Topic]  [New Poll]

2001-2012
Mighty links: Final Fantasy Origins - Amazon.com - Play-Asia.com

Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive