Smooth Blue skin by Egomednog of the IF Skin Zone

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Tales Of Arcanta. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In

Dnd 4th Edition
smurfslayer
Posted: Jun 21 2008, 06:34 AM

......pie?

Group: Bards
Member No.: 4

Well, I just played my first session with the new edition and I gotta say, it was freaking awesome. It mostly played like 3.5 but the combat is so much more fun and interesting.
Gamgee
Posted: Jun 21 2008, 11:17 AM

Some crazy guy with lemonade

Group: Arbiters
Member No.: 2

.... sad.gif ... we lost another to the monster that is 4th edition....

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Jun 21 2008, 03:02 PM

......pie?

I see no reason that people are so against it. It's not perfect but from what I've played so far it is much more balanced and makes a lot more sense.
Gamgee
Posted: Jun 21 2008, 08:05 PM

It also about the easiest damn thing I have ever played, I want a chellenge damnit and it seems like everything is to easy and everyone can do a little bit of everything.... then everything feels the same no matter what I play.... balanced yes... boring hell yea....

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Jun 22 2008, 08:18 AM

......pie?

I fail to see how it is "easy". The rules are easier to understand, but how the hell is that a bad thing? Challenge of combat is entirely dependent on how the DM runs it and actually each class has a very distinctive role in combat. For example, our party is a fighter, rogue, cleric, ranger, and wizard. The fighter doesn't do the most damage but he can take out a lot of guys at once and is great for crowd control. The rogue can only attack one guy at a time but does huge amounts of damage with sneak attacks. The cleric doesn't do as much damage as the fighter but can heal and constantly casts buffs on the party. The ranger stays behind and picks off enemies from afar and the wizard blasts things with area of effect spells. Don't knock it if you haven;t played it because I played 3.5 for years and I can already say that combat in 4th edition is better in every way.
Gamgee
Posted: Jun 22 2008, 05:41 PM

I have played it and I have also disliked it. I am so sick of arguing against others in the "crusades" as I refer to them that I no longer care what edition you play, just go in peace and go in your own way. Not like you playing 4th affects me in any way anyways, all I said was I didn't like and gave bullet points of why. Go look elsewhere and you will see the same argument all over the place. I recommend giant in the playground forums if you want to take up the sword in the "crusades".

--------------------
user posted image
Asmodeus Illuminati
Posted: Jun 22 2008, 08:06 PM

???

Member No.: 11

I played through a short 4th edition game and according to my fellow party members, combat went along faster, instead of being a huge slowdown like it apparently was in 3rd edition. As I've never played 3rd edition I'm going to have to ask those in this thread: is 4th edition combat faster than 3rd edition combat? If it is, then how much faster?

--------------------
Umm.....*taps microphone* Is this thing on?
smurfslayer
Posted: Jun 23 2008, 11:59 AM

......pie?

In a nutshell, yes, it's faster. There are less dice rolls and less things to keep track of. It isn't extremely faster, and the speed still really depends on the people playing, but it is most definitely faster.

Also, Gamgee, I think that people flaming each other over what edition is better is ridiculous. It's all personal preference and to each his own. I was just explaining what I like about 4th better.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

AFFILIATES
Arcanta's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0364 seconds · Archive