Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Metal Gear Solid: Supersubstantionalism, Without your binoculars you're naked(?)
Cycokiller
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 08:49 PM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

Ahoy mateys. This is an RP for Metal Gear Solid. Or something of that nature. Bear with me.

It has occured to me that many people here would like to RP as
a ) adults, or at least not children
b ) combat experts
c ) villains, possibly with some kind of mental defficiency. Er...distortion.

Therefore, I propose an RP involving original MGS style characters. I'm sure enough of you are familiar with MGS to provide a good example for those who aren't. Here's the fun, easy-to-use template!!!

Alias: be it name, codename or otherwise.

Sex: male or female or tranny or whatever.

Nationality: where you hail from.

Combat style: hand-to-hand or melee. a short description of what disciplines your character is familiar with.

Equipment: what equipment your character is heading into this RP with.

Bio: a description of your character's mental state/personality and appearance. appearance can be face, body, height, weight, clothing, details (tats, scars, etc.).

Affiliation: who your character is working for. this can include government, team, and whatever else you wanna make up. freelance is optional, but easily less interesting. make it up if you wanna start a team, do it. the team doesn't need to have a leader either.

Background: your character's traumatic childhood experiences, combat experience, training, discovering some strange superhuman power and whatever else will add to the substance (no pun intended) of your character.

Status: a description of what the US government's opinion of you is.

(feel free to just put "unknown" if you want under any of these fields)

The story? Uhh...like...the US government is producing yet another Metal Gear. At a base on some remote-ass island in the Pacific Ocean. It's well-guarded but hey, who the hell cares. That never stopped anybody else in the series. It's pretty much a sitting duck for any terrorist who wants to blow up the world. So I'm hoping y'alls will come up with several different groups (be they terrorist or from some thirdworld country or whatever) that would fight eachother for control of this base, the launch site for the most advanced weapon on the planet: METAL GEAR REAPER.

I would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism towards the story, character info or any little thang; I know I don't have a complete product here (I really need to make a map, too) but I really think that with the bugs worked out it would kick much ass.

P.S: Snake is loooooong dead. No Snake. Really this time.
Cycokiller
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 01:47 AM

Playing

So this is karma...
Minase
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 12:52 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

I'm glad you found that out for yourself without me needing to point it out.
Cycokiller
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 05:53 PM

Playing

Yeah, yeah...
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Jul 1 2006, 08:22 PM

Moskau, Moskau, Throw your glasses at the wall.

Member No.: 140

Do I PM the template?

Edit: There was a Codename maker somewhere on the internet and alot of people I know got wierd shit like Landmine poodle
Cycokiller
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 04:49 AM

Playing

Maybe this'll pick up after a bunch of people have lost all their peeps in v2. That in mind...uh...just PM me the profiles (if anyone's interested), keeping a copy for yourself of course, and I'll hang onto 'em in my inbox until this dealio's ready to get underway. I had a moderately kickass idea (and constructive criticism is always accepted). If you would like to wait until your character uses whatever abilities for me to reveal that particular info on the profile, you can. For example:

Landmine Poodle has the ability to smell opponents if they are pungeant enough. Powdered Toast sneaks through the room and Poodle senses him. Instead of allowing everyone to see Poodle's abilities from the beginning, you could keep it under 'unknown' until it is released. One thing is manditory, however: that you stick to the profile you've given me. If you wanna edit it, PM a fresh copy to me before it begins (TBA). Also, please make your codename and at least SOME of your information known from the beginning. Alias, status and a basic description of appearance (what can be seen from first glance anyway) are manditory. That's all for now, I'm still working the bugs out. And don't forget, you don't have to RP the faction leader to make up a faction!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0285 seconds · Archive