Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

I meant carrol!
Minase
Posted: May 30 2006, 08:06 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I always do this, when I said, in the now closed 'influences' topic, that I liked C S Lewis, I meant Lewis Carrol. C S Lewis was okay, he made the bible cool! I mean, Jesus as a lion, ALL HAIL THE LION GOD!...anyway I digress, I just wanted you all to know, Lewis Carrol is one of my three favourite authors, not C S Lewis, but it's not very important, hence posting it under SPAM.

In reference to the post that drew my attention to my error, the point kinda still stands because Carrol was a christian religious leader anyway, 'Reverend Dodgson', so the answer to the question is still yes, his books probably were influenced by religion as well, but I don't mind, I am atheist but religion has brought us a lot of good and without it to bring us to the point we are at now we probably would be an even more fucked up race than we are anyway, unfortunate that an argument over religion should have led to a perfectly good topic being locked...but I digress again, I really am done now.
Sephy
Posted: May 30 2006, 08:20 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

So you're influenced by an anti-government author with peadophillic tendancies rather then an overenthusiastic Christian, got it :P

but religion has brought us a lot of good

oh sure, those crusades sure were great ne? and the witch trails, and lets not forget racism and persecution of women and homosexuals, what fun :P (i'm not slamming anyone's religion here, but in my opinion its done the world a helluva lot more harm then good)
Cycokiller
Posted: May 30 2006, 11:55 PM

Playing

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (XOXOSpankmegirlXOXO @ May 30 2006, 08:20 PM)
So you're influenced by an anti-government author with peadophillic tendancies rather then an overenthusiastic Christian, got it :P

but religion has brought us a lot of good

oh sure, those crusades sure were great ne? and the witch trails, and lets not forget racism and persecution of women and homosexuals, what fun :P (i'm not slamming anyone's religion here, but in my opinion its done the world a helluva lot more harm then good)

Ok, instead of flying off the handle this time (I apologize, Slacker) I will just mention that morals were invented by the different religions of the world. And without those I'm pretty sure things would be a LOT worse. You could just forget about rights for anybody.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 31 2006, 12:03 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Guys, let's try and keep this conversation really politically correct. The LAST thing we need is a religion-bashing session. Try and be respectful of everyone's beliefs, or this topic WILL be closed. Just saying it for the sake of saying it.

Queen Asshat
Posted: May 31 2006, 01:55 AM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

Organized religion in itself only serves to segregate each other, for we as humans need to segregate one another naturally. When Christianity first gained power it was segregated into catholisicism and Eastern Orthodox, when the Protestant revolution happened it was divided even more. I find it ironic that religions purpose which is to unite us under a good moral lifestyle only serves to further segregate each other.
Lien
Posted: May 31 2006, 02:05 AM

;_;

Member No.: 15

Oh okay! Cool for clearing that up!

You actually named a few of my favorite authors, especially Oscar Wilde, his book The Picture of Dorian Gray was my favorite.

Something interesting about him, he was persecuted for being gay (in a roundabout way, I'm trying to save words for the fact that being gay sort of just bit him in the ass in a libel suit. Oh, could've just said that.) and when he was soon to die I guess he joined Catholicism.

Fun.
Minase
Posted: May 31 2006, 11:41 AM

The Musical Sportsman

Carrol was not a paedophile, he liked kids, he didn't fuck them. Funny how its possible to like kids without fucking them but apparently it is possible, who would have thought. As for the religion, stop talking about it! No one knows who is right, we could all be wrong, don't argue about something you have no idea on even if you're 'so sure in my soul', I don't care, no one does. Don't discuss religion again anyone, thats a request, and I'm sure after seeing the effetcs of religious debate on the forum Kaishi won't refrian from making it a rule if you guys don't all stop soon.
Lien
Posted: May 31 2006, 06:40 PM

;_;

Cycokiller
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 01:10 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Minase, settle down. This will be the last thing I say on the matter, because this is the only defence I need. I believe that no one should ever be persecuted for their beliefs, culture, race, sex, orientation, or any aspect that makes them different. This is what I'm taught by my parents (both religious) and church. It's not some giant fascist organization bent on 'cleansing' the world of anyone who doesn't believe what they do. It's like a second family to me. Everyone there accepts everyone else. One of my best friends in the congregation, his brother is gay, and nobody ever gives him a hard time about it or puts him on a lower level. Nobody stopped accepting him in the church, and nobody stopped being his friend. It doesn't make any difference to his family, either. I guess every other church but ours is a Nazi group, eh? And what about Bhuddism? The idealogy that you should live in harmony with everything around you. Ooh, that's a scary thought. And you know what? I have not ONCE insulted the agnostic belief. I have not said "Oh, everyone who isn't religious is an idiot." I respect the agnostic belief for it's obvious logical approach, even though religion receives the occasional smarmy comment from someone who doesn't understand it.

Kaishi, if you find what I've said offensive, go ahead and remove this post. But I stand firmly by EVERY WORD of what I've said here, and I do not regret posting it.
Minase
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 03:57 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Some of religion is bullshit, some isn't, anyone whos disagrees is chatting bull shit, and I think that should really end the whole issue in a nice peaceful and agreeable manner.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 04:47 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Member No.: 38

Just need to say this, that comedy film dogma. It was funny the first few times but the more i watch it the more it is just them explaining about how the bible is wrong, fuckin annoys me it does....
Lien
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 06:32 PM

;_;

I like Kevin Smith... :(
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 11:18 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Yeah so do i....
Kuze
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 12:05 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

* holds up copy of Clerks*

who said ANYTHIGN about Kevin Smith
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 01:08 AM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

QUOTE (Kuze @ Jun 2 2006, 12:05 AM)
* holds up copy of Clerks*

who said ANYTHIGN about Kevin Smith

Shut your noise..

Just that one film is a big explanation....gets on my fuckin nerves. thats it, kevin smith debate closed, shush, go away. return to your religion thing.... :huh:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | SPAM | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0296 seconds · Archive