Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I like to point out the obvious....
Lien
  Posted: May 26 2006, 04:14 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Reality shows= exact reason why I like movies better than television.

As much as I find shameless exploitation of the delusions of grandeur we sometimes have in thinking we can sing/dance/act or whatever else when sometimes, frankly, we just can't, has gotten to me. I can't watch another moron sing another tone-deaf song, or watch someone just bash their nose into the dance floor. Ow. They replayed the damn thing too.

I just caught parts of "So You Think You Can Dance?"

Some of the worst time-wasters are these damn shows, and why? Because in reality our reality is not as entertaing, embarrassing, or staged as well as we would like.

And I am so not leaving American Idol out of this.

They totally put this crazy obsessed fan out after Clay Aiken while he was performing (saw clips on some entertainment news). You know if you watched that thing you were laughing your ass off or thinking, "how pathetic do you have to be?"

Because we don't have our own embarrassing moments on television and broadcasted among millions it makes it that much more entertaining or safe to laugh at. We don't see our embarrassing moments forever and ever in replay.

It's not like I haven't looked at this from the other side. Oh yeah, I laughed like hell during one season of American Idol where they completely took William Hung's lack of musical talent to a monumental state of fake publicity and fame. Sometimes people are really just screwing themselves over. But in retrospect, this guy probably didn't know any better. Somehow lots of people think any publicity is good publicity. For those of us who know better, it's like we think it's what they deserve or something.

It really isn't. Now any moron can make something creative and throw it on television as a competition.

Horrible thought, what if that's the only real part. That life is only a competition to be better than someone else, or to get that little bit of fame to have some kind of entertainment immortality.

I really wouldn't like to think that's what it comes down to.

Raise your hand if you think I totally took this out of proportion!

*raises hand*
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 26 2006, 04:16 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

I'm a big Survivor junkie, and fuck you to all of you who don't like it!

:)
Megami
Posted: May 26 2006, 05:51 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Survivor's good, but ya know it's staged inside the network studio. ^_^
Slayer
Posted: May 26 2006, 05:56 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Yeah, and it's boring most of the time, though you must admit a bit of sadistic pleasure can be found in watching those idiots making fools of themselves on an island.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 26 2006, 11:15 AM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

the people on these shows are remembered for all of a week after the shows ends, occasionaly there on some out take show so who cares about them?
Lien
Posted: May 26 2006, 01:37 PM

;_;

Member No.: 15

I do, when I have to see my mom watch that crap. Heh. Plus, this could've been a lot longer if I hadn't realized that I have some better things to be doing...

Yay for hypocracy!
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 26 2006, 03:36 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Megami @ May 26 2006, 05:51 AM)
Survivor's good, but ya know it's staged inside the network studio. ^_^

Just like the moon landing...

I'm also a big Survivor junkie though.
Sephy
Posted: May 26 2006, 04:25 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Bloody_Fists @ May 26 2006, 11:15 AM)
the people on these shows are remembered for all of a week after the shows ends, occasionaly there on some out take show so who cares about them?

Not in this country, in this country if you're on Big Brother you're garrenteed to be a celebrity forever more, like the worlds most annoying big mouthed chav Jade Goody, who now has something like 10 million and is on every TV show ever simply because she couldn't keep her gob shut and her tits in her top for 10 weeks.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | SPAM | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0258 seconds · Archive