Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Solution
Kaishi
Posted: May 20 2006, 03:22 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The thread that practically everyone has been waiting for. This is the place where NPC'd characters are claimed. If you haven't read the recent announcement topic with a similiar name, then please do, as it offers some more explanation on what this is all about. All inactive characters (read: characters holding up a topic, haven't posted in weeks, etcetera) are now NPCs that can be controlled by the person(s) they are roleplaying with. Nothing drastic, just enough to get things moving. The drastic actions are reserved for the people wanting to claim said inactives. Note that you can only claim a character on two conditions - you've either lost all your characters or never created one in the beginning. Zero characters. To keep things fair, one person can only claim one character. This may change in the future, but, to give others a chance, the rule is going to stand for now.

Refer to the SOTFwiki page (although, the EditThis[dot]Info site has been down so that option might be null), the past threads of a character, and their application for more information about the character. There is a twenty four hour waiting period after a claim. If someone else comes along wanting to claim the character you wanted, then you two can duke it out via writing challenge or talk it over with one another calmly. I don't want to see any flame wars resulting from this, especially from anyone losing a challenge. It's all for fun!

~ * ~ * ~ *

MismatchedEyes's Dorian Graywood - Violence Fetish
Lien will have Dorian Graywood on May 21, 2006, 12:55 AM. If anyone wants to challenge her, please do so now.

MismatchedEyes's Peri Barclay - Violence Fetish
Rainbow Brite will have Peri Barclay on May 21, 2006, 12:15 AM. If anyone wants to challenge him, please do so now.

MismatchedEyes's Michael Suarez - To Sleep, Perchance to Dream Officially inactive in ten days. *Claimable when that time is up.*
kuroiraishu's Takara Asano - In Sight of a Sanctuary
mitsuko2 will have Takara Asano on May 21, 2006, 3:17 PM. If anyone wants to challenge her, please do so now.

asano's Toby Valerik - In Sight of a Sanctuary
asano's Drew Lynn - In Sight of a Sanctuary

If I'm forgetting anyone, then please PM me or post here telling me so! If you're planning on giving your character up for adoption, then please, again, PM me or post here so I can add them onto the list. Thank you.

You must have a writing sample of you roleplaying that character if you're claiming them. It doesn't have to be a reply to any existing topic, just write an example of yourself using that character. If it's too OOC, you may be turned down for the character, sorry to say. 100 words minimum. Either post it or PM it here.

^_^
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 20 2006, 04:15 AM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

Kai, I’m going with Peri’s bio. Because I’m a different Role Player than Mismatched I’m sure you’d understand the different approach…so yeah…

----------------
Peri Barclay wondered if those two people whom he was traveling with where praying that they would win? Of course this provoked a thought that made him wonder if any mathematician had done any research on the effectiveness of prayer. For example Peri could be walking down the street thinking: God if I don’t get rescued tonight I don’t know what I’ll do (a common form of prayer in this situation) and all of a sudden WHAM! Perhaps he did get off the island or perhaps he got hit by a cab falling from the sky, or perhaps he met the woman of his dreams, either way the prayer was uttered solely has a lamentation with no real hopes of it ever coming true.

When he didn’t leave, tomorrow‘s prayer had the extra oomph added to it. But, if he did win the game or got rescued, how many people who saw him play, how many people who played with him, would stop, before, during or after and give thanks to a just creator?

The screams of the fat kid as he plunged the saber into the back of the neck, the screams seemed almost identical with the scream of his mother, leaving the Davies girl to die, the look of betrayal and that forlorn gaze she had in her eye…it was the same forlorn gaze David had.

All this time, relentlessly, mercilessly, almost apathetically killing those people…peoples, friends, people whom had mothers who’d make the same sacrifice for them as his mother did for him. He took a drag from the cigarette, the Ingram positioned on his lap…

“I’m just a crazy son of a bitch…”

Lien
Posted: May 20 2006, 04:55 AM

;_;

Member No.: 15

I want to roleplay as Dorian Graywood. I also understand that he was rolled previously... but, if I'm not intending to have him win or anything, and will eventually kill him, can I at least get some good roleplaying out of him, if I do get to use him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life wasn't a fairytale. Dorian was coming to terms with this when he woke up inside the lighthouse he had managed to barricade himself in. His dark hair wasn't in a perfect part, instead it was tangled atop his head like a bird's nest. It wasn't important anymore, his hair, but when he looked in the broken mirror near the gas stove he couldn't help but run his fingers through to make it somewhat presentable.

To who? His enemies? All of them out there, wanting nothing more than his name added to the body count. It made no sense.

But he wasn't at odds with the game, not anymore. Hard to argue with someone when they've got you trying to just manage to survive.

There is so much literature about coming of age, Dorian remembered as he stared into his reflection. Why the hell was his story going to end up so much different than he had hoped?

Before he could even think, his hand met the remaining glass on the mirror, the bits and pieces not jammed in his knuckles meeting the floor in a light shower of fragments. Dorian's mouth became a perfect 'O' and his eyes squeezed shut behind his lenses. A tiny gasp escaped his throat before he stumbled backwards into a wooden chair near the set table in the lighthouse. The pain surged through his fingertips, but by then his mind was sifting through his history. Bits and pieces, like the mirror, all over, embedded in his mind, stabbing at his sanity.

Moby Dick was missing nearly fifty pages from the hardback edition. They were his favorite, the classics, the magnificent talented authors in history. The Three Musketeers could be anywhere now, the leftover ashes must have blown away from the local mall parking lot months ago from when his tormentor set it to flame. And all the one's before that, hosed down by the water bottles of the jocks and the people who laughed at the fact that he was fine with being literate.

He could barely open his hand with the nasty shards sticking out.

Dorian didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, his outcry seemed to be a mix of both. He looked at his hand, and opened and closed his mouth as if trying to form the words. They finally came.

"F-fucking, agh, I'll show you all. I-I'll win this, I'll kill you. I will. I," he began to let tears fall down, the heat fogging up his glasses, some of the droplets catching in the frames.

"What you've done to me, my books. Oh, my books. I'll make you pay."
mitsuko2
Posted: May 20 2006, 07:17 PM

Amanda loves you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

I'd like to role-play as Takara Asano. Please know that I am still a newbie, as much as I hate to admit it, and am going to try my best. I want to try and roleplay with her as long as possible. I do not want to kill her off.

Takara clutched her shoulder, tears streaming down her face. She looked over at the man she attacked, he seemed to be leaving. She once again looked at Toby; he was still out of it she could tell. She heard some footsteps behind her and immediately, despite the pain in her arm, stood up.

Takara looked to the source of the footsteps and saw a woman with a knife in her hand. She had already decided to protect Toby, and that is what she was going to do.

"Leave us alone! Just go away! Go!" She screamed at the girl while pulling out her own weapon and charging at her.

No fear was shown in her eyes. She would protect him. She had to!
Kaishi
Posted: May 20 2006, 08:31 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Alrighty. You're all a-okay for getting the characters. Check the first post edit if you don't know when exactly you'll have the character you asked for.

And yes, Lien. I'll figure out a time later on by when you'll need to kill him off.
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 21 2006, 01:18 AM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Member No.: 66

I'm so happy :D .
Kaishi
Posted: May 21 2006, 05:34 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Peri Barclay is now yours, Rainbow Brite. And, Dorian Graywood is yours, Lien. 'Grats, guys. Have fun~.
kuroiraishu
Posted: May 23 2006, 02:16 AM

Kurai

Member No.: 59

I know it's been over 24 hours, and that I have been inactive here for quite awhile, but if it weren't for Kuze, I probably wouldn't have even of known what was going on.

Anyways! On with the program, okay!? ^-^

The reason I'm posting 48 hours later is because this is the first time I've had a chance to actually use my computer for something that isn't homework. x_X;; And I've already PM'ed Kai and mitsuko2 about it, but I figured I'd better post here as well. >.>

I'd really, really, really appreciate having control of Takara back. I mean, not to be mean or anything, but mitsuko2, the posts I've seen in the RP are way to OOC for Takara. Especially the last one.

So, there it is. It's out there. I want my Taka-chan back! T.T
Lien
Posted: May 23 2006, 02:49 AM

;_;

Member No.: 15

It's definately going to have to be up to Kaishi, but I thought I'd post to say that it's probably too little too late.
Kris
Posted: May 23 2006, 02:52 AM

Dance Water Dance!

Member No.: 107

I'll be trying out for Drew Lynn if thats ok ^_^

---------------------------

The normal boy with a normal weight, had normal health for a boy his age. However the game, his life was not normal. The normal boy whose glasses were cracked, cloths torn, and had pathces of dirt on his face knew he was not about to give up now. He had so much to live for, he wanted to see his Tobs again. Even though the old wounds of his leaving were healed he always had a place for him in his heart.

Drew ran thorugh the wild jungle brought before him. He dodged trees and their branches trying to run away from a student who seemed to have a nack for killing people. Drew of course had no idea who this person was, or why he was shooting at him. Could it be that the students here already lost their minds? It didn't matter to Drew who lost their mind as long as it wasn't his own.

Crashes of bullets rang the air as the unknown student from behind shot him, of course due to the wild jungle terrain the shots missed him. Drew only kept running, his hyperness and motivation to live fueled his running capabilities.

Man I wish I had a good book right now or a good conversation...

Thats the thought he thought while he kept trying to lose the student in the wild brush. A part of him thought it would be his final moments and so he decided to think about something he enjoyed, it only gave him more motivation to live.

Oh there's so many books I haven't read yet....So many people I haven't met......I was just starting to begin my social life in high school!

He kept his mind occupied while his instincts guided him thorugh the jungle and away from the student. Drew tried not to think about any of the negative things that could happen here. He focused on his intrests, what he liked, reading books, and being with his best friend Tobs again. What he hasn't realized is that he's in an enviorment were being happy or optimistic won't help, but skills to survive are what is needed.
Slayer
Posted: May 23 2006, 05:42 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Why hasn't the day counter for Mike gone down?
Swoosh
Posted: May 23 2006, 08:57 AM

Unregistered

kuroiraishu, I would have thought you could challenge mistuko2 for them... unless the time is up, but it hasn't been changed...
mitsuko2
Posted: May 23 2006, 10:34 PM

Amanda loves you!

Member No.: 115

Its already the 22nd the time is way up swoosh
Kaishi
Posted: May 23 2006, 10:40 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

QUOTE (Slayer @ May 23 2006, 01:42 AM)
Why hasn't the day counter for Mike gone down?

Because I didn't edit it yet. In fourteen days from the nineteenth, Michael is available for users.

Kris - I'll have to go look over a few things about Drew before you're approved for him. I'll do that before 10PM EST so don't worry.

EDIT:

Alright, I'm sorry that this has happened, Kuro. However, I'm afraid you were inactive and because of this, you can't have your character back. It's very unfortunate but it would not be fair for mitsuko2. I do feel sympathy for you and because this is the first time this has happened, I'm willing to make you an offer. You can't have your character back. That's pretty much set in stone. I'll let you have your choice of character here, in the inactive thread, and one extra swap card at the start of v2 for being a good sport about this. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Kaishi on May 23 2006, 10:47 PM
asano
Posted: May 24 2006, 01:21 AM

15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3

Member No.: 58

...all right.

Guys, I am immensely sorry for dropping into inactivity. I don't know what happened...I've no explanation, no excuse. I am honestly sorry. To anyone who experienced a slow down in the RP because of me...I apologize.

...now...argh. Um. This is awkward. I'd really like control of Tobs (hopefully) back. I want to rejoin the RP...I can't believe I let myself drop inactive for so long, without an explanation or even a good reason beyond 'being busy.'

I'm rambling again. -.-;

Could I take Tobs back, if at all possible? And Drew, as well. I don't want to sound like I'm asking for too much...I only want one post with Drew. My long-awaited suicide death post, and that's all.

I understand if you can't give me them back...but, if at all possible, please.

And once more...sorry, guys.

P.S. If you wish, I will have no problem with supplying an RP post, just like everyone else.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0368 seconds · Archive