Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

A Solution to the Inactivity
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 17 2006, 10:58 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Oh how i hate you all.....
Slayer
Posted: May 18 2006, 01:19 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Tell someone who gives a shit and let's stop derailing the topic (unless we were on topic the whole time in which case the above statement is null and void pending I don't get a warning/ban *pleading look to mods and admins* for my response).
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 18 2006, 06:01 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

I'm all for it. And all for taking on more characters once I get back and running (if not just to give them nice gory deaths, but I digress).

And for any that are wondering, Sidney Crosby, Adam Dodd, and Kaige are all sort of in suspended animation until my blasted CPU gets back to my house...stupid Future Shop and their stupid three week minimum.

*sigh*

Swoosh
Posted: May 18 2006, 04:59 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Slayer @ May 18 2006, 02:19 AM)
Tell someone who gives a shit and let's stop derailing the topic (unless we were on topic the whole time in which case the above statement is null and void pending I don't get a warning/ban *pleading look to mods and admins* for my response).

Your point is valid, as is Bloody_Fists, it would just be nice to... say it in a nicer manner. You kinda come on a bit aggressive, yo XD We're a peaceful forum!

As for Peri, I feel forced to agree. He's had a lot of time. I realise he may have had computer issues, but would it be so hard as to post an away message? I mean, for all we know, he could have just given up on us. It's not fair to those who are still playing, who have been playing throughout this inactivity, to give him yet another chance when he's been given one already.

I understand how you just want to help him out, but it's really not fair to everyone else to give him special treatment.

And I mean, it's been a couple of days since this announcement anyway... where is he?
Megami
Posted: May 18 2006, 08:17 PM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

And you know, Bloody... nobody's saying we don't want him here. Quite the contrary, actually. You have to remember too that the V2 pre-game roleplay should be starting up pending four more deaths. Maybe by the time that rolls around he'll have his CPU back in working order. Nobody's saying they want Mismatched to leave forever or anything like that, we're just saying that he hasn't been around and we'd like to continue on with and end the game soon, which is something we can't do with all the inactives running around here. And yeah, I'm sure he's got stuff going on, everyone does. That's why we have 8-9 inactive characters. :P

But yeah man, seriously, it's nothing against Mismatched at all. We'd just like to finish the game s'all. It's been said before, but it IS coming up on a year, after all. I respect you trying to defend your friend and trying to keep his character around for him, it's admirable. Despite that, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, ya know? We've got a whole bunch of newcomers waiting to play and old members who've lost their characters and they're just stuck sitting out there in cyberspace until things kick into gear, and holding things up for one person isn't really fair to all those people, now is it?

Anyway, it just sort of seems like we're jumping down your throat about it, but it's not like that. I totally see where you're coming from. But you have to think of it like... if we give him yet another chance, and then someone else comes along with a similar situation and asks for extended time, Kai'd pretty much be forced to give it to them as well, because it wouldn't be fair to grant it to one person and not the other, you know? But yeah... I don't want you to think anybody's trying to shoot the messenger or anything, I know where you're coming from, I'm simply looking at the best interests of the forum. Seems sort of silly to hault the entire game for one person, don't you agree? And in essence, that's what we'd be doing, because we can't progress through and finish the game with inactive characters keeping other people tied up.
Kaishi
Posted: May 18 2006, 09:58 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

Okay, first of all, Slayer, you're way out of line. With what you've said, you've added nothing at all to the topic except for flaming. Bloody_Fists hasn't taken the thread off topic at all and, if you have to worry about getting a warning/ban with a post, then don't do it at all. You're not a moderator or an Admin for that matter, so what was the point in writing what you did? "Tell someone who gives a shit?" Right. You forgot that I always do, no matter who the member(s) involved is/are. For this reason, I'm giving you a formal warning.

Did some of you guys not see what was written in my first post? All inactives, right now, are NPCs. If you're worried, atm, about someone holding up a topic, then don't be. Control the NPCs, make them move, whatever. Don't kill them or do anything drastic, such as moving them across the island for no apparent reason other than to get rid of them. After the claiming-the-inactives topic shows up, there's a twenty four hour confirmation period before the character claimed is yours. If Peri is able to post during or before that, then that's alright. His character is all his. Elsewise, he's given up to whomever wants him. I'm sorry. I wish I could have it any other way, but I can't. Everyone gets a fair chance.

Besides, I saw him online a few days ago. What kept him from posting then? Even the simplest "my computer is still messed up" would be fine. Not trying to jump all over anyone, I'm just saying. ...Do get him to post ASAP if you can, Bloody_Fists. There's nothing wrong with sticking up for a friend at all, so don't worry about it. I agree completely with what Megami posted latest. It's all true~.

If the topic isn't posted tonight (I'd post it now-ish but I've got an instrumental lesson to go to) then it will be tomorrow. That should give anyone worrying over their inactive characters a little more time.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 19 2006, 02:14 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Peri was online, when he was writing the death post for dorian graywood and a post for peri but as he was typing it out my internet turned itself off and it got lost, and he needed to go then so. And yeah, i doubt ill get him to post now, ill see him tonight but we wont have a computer handy. just saying thanks for understanding but really i couldent care less now. My last request is that peri goes to someone known for there writing skills, i think the character deserves it seeing as how far he's come, i dont want to see him go to waste.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 19 2006, 03:46 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Far be it for me to get presumptuous but when my computer gets back up and running, I'd gladly take 'im on. Granted, I have the maximum three characters, but that could be solved. ;)

And I know there're others who want characters, so...;) Can't get greedy now.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 19 2006, 04:21 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Lol, i was hoping you'd ask for him dodd, just need to wait and see now.
Kuze
Posted: May 19 2006, 08:09 PM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

Well Scince I doubt some people would object to Slacker's adoption of Peri so I'd would also like to adopt Peri
Swoosh
Posted: May 19 2006, 08:37 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Kuze @ May 19 2006, 09:09 PM)
Well Scince I doubt some people would object to Slacker's adoption of Peri so I'd would also like to adopt Peri

I didn't understand what you meant when you were referring to Slacker, Kuze.

And yeah, Kai's dealing with this a lot better than me so... *whistles*
MooCow
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:41 PM

Resident Snuggle Bunny ^__^ ::snuggles with you::

Member No.: 7

You can't have clemence... how am i supposed to be held accountable for the inactivity in that thread since i was the last person to post there. Sheesh.
Swoosh
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:51 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (MooCow @ May 19 2006, 10:41 PM)
You can't have clemence... how am i supposed to be held accountable for the inactivity in that thread since i was the last person to post there. Sheesh.

Are you honestly saying that, this whole time, something has stopped you from doing a double post and moving Clemence on?
MooCow
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:59 PM

Resident Snuggle Bunny ^__^ ::snuggles with you::

Member No.: 7

Nope i could have done that i suppose your right. I'm sorry if you're all pissed at me. I honestly didn't think about that but i have been checking the forum every couple days to see if someone would post in the thread...
Swoosh
Posted: May 19 2006, 10:01 PM

Unregistered

Well, from what Kai has said, I assume you can re-claim Clemence...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0335 seconds · Archive