Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

A Solution to the Inactivity
Kaishi
Posted: May 16 2006, 10:50 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As mentioned in this thread, site inactivity is becoming a huge problem. We've got handlers that haven't come here in weeks, topics that have come to a halt, and more things that, at this point in time, shouldn't be happening. We've come this far and "this" close to V1 completion, so much so that we can't have Danya blow up the whole island just because of inactive players. What we need to do, to start making things snappy, is find a solution that works. As far as we know, things like inactivity sweeps aren't getting the job done. Inactive Person A, in most cases, would just post to make sure that Character A doesn't get killed off then go back into the shadows. I'm not pointing fingers, but since this has happened atleast once before, there's little doubt in my mind of something like that happening again with another sweep.

I've thought over this for a while, and came up with a fix. All the inactive players (the ones without messages posted in the "Away" topic) are now NPCs to be controlled by whomever is currently roleplaying with them. Move them along as far as you need to. Don't kill them off.

Since they're NPCs, that means that they're adoptable, aswell, by both new players and old ones that do not currently have a character. There will be a twenty four hour adopting window on an inactive character before the transaction is confirmed. If anyone else is wanting to claim that inactive character before the twenty four hours is up, then the two claimers will have to work it out, either by challenging eachother to a writing competition or any other way they can think of.

If there are enough people wanting to go with this idea, then I'll make the claiming topic. If there aren't, feel free to make suggestions to improve on this plan or suggest something else that'll be better for Survival of the Fittest. ^_^
Megami
Posted: May 16 2006, 11:03 PM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

I love you, you wonderful girl! <3 I knew you'd come to save us from the evil inactivity bug.
Theseus
Posted: May 16 2006, 11:10 PM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

I think this is an awesome idea and hopefully will solve the problem so we can get this show on the road! I'm all for it
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 16 2006, 11:11 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

I'll start off by asking to adopt Peri Barclay.
mitsuko2
Posted: May 16 2006, 11:18 PM

Amanda loves you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

Where will the adoptions take place? I'll gladly take a charecter. :D

I really have alot of free time. I'm on the site almost every day!

Could I have one of the charecters in the hospital? maybe clemance or Takara?
Kuze
Posted: May 17 2006, 12:45 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Rainbow Brite @ May 16 2006, 06:11 PM)

I fully Support you Man!

now that the real life shit has stopped hitting the Fan, I wonder who adoptable characters are
Lien
Posted: May 17 2006, 01:10 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Great idea, but I'll wait for the list before deciding which character I would like (if I would like one and if I don't get challenged and pwned).
Kaishi
Posted: May 17 2006, 02:52 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

Good news. No more nasty Red Xs. I'll be sprucing up the forum later on, maybe tomorrow, so we can have cool gradients again. For now, though, we get the plain gray bars. ^_^
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 17 2006, 10:56 AM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (Rainbow Brite @ May 16 2006, 11:11 PM)

I know im always defending peri but, yeah hes a buddy...

Thing is, his computer fucked up again and hes waiting to get it fixed, he did write avery long post for both dorian and peri but my internet turned itself off before he posted, and he well, you know how it is, can we give peri a couple days atleast? its likely he'll be round mine at some point in the next two days and i doubt he would let peri go like that, and if he stops posing again i could always bug the shit out of him.
Swoosh
Posted: May 17 2006, 12:59 PM

Unregistered

Oh Kai, I love you.

I might adopt someone when the list comes up, but in theory I've got Ryan Torres for now. But yay, this solves everything!

And Megami, now we can die happy XDD
Megami
Posted: May 17 2006, 03:18 PM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

With all due respect, Bloody... he hasn't posted in a month. With either of his characters. Granted, people's computers mess up and whatnot, but we didn't even get an away message. Through all the personal stuff everyone on this site's undergone, for the most part, they've found the time to take ten seconds out of their day and say "Hey, I'm gonna be gone for a while." And I mean... he's done two posts with Peri in the past two months. Two. I'm not trying to start anything, but I, personally, don't really think it's fair if he's cut slack and allowed to keep his character when everyone else who's gone inactive isn't. If Kai made an exception for him, she'd sort of have to make it for everyone, don't you think?
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 17 2006, 03:37 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Yeah i know exactly where your coming from, but im just sticking up for a friend here, ill do my best for him to post, but we go different colleges and he has work, dont worry ill make time for him to come over mine nd post, couple days all im asking if kai says no, then its peris problem, cant blame for sticking up for a friend?
Slayer
Posted: May 17 2006, 08:07 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

No, but we can't cut him any slack just because he decides to blame it on a "computer" and hang around back. I agree with Kaishi's idea.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 17 2006, 09:10 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Ok, its not nice that no one is even considering it, come on were all friedns here, have a heart.
Slayer
Posted: May 17 2006, 10:23 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

We had a heart for the first month, and he only posted once. Fuck having a heart, I say we focus on getting the game moving and ending the inactivity.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0439 seconds · Archive