Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Media/Literature Influences
Swoosh
Posted: May 24 2006, 03:41 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (guitarjack87 @ May 24 2006, 06:04 AM)
I guarantee I could convert anyone to christianity.

Oooh. Try and convert me. I'm doing Philosophy and Religion for A Level.

Yeah, that last post... I was bored. I'm as atheist as they come.
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 24 2006, 05:59 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Cycokiller @ May 24 2006, 02:34 AM)
Really? You know, I got kicked out of Barnes and Noble once for moving all the bibles to the fiction section...

You wanna insult my religion, you can shove it up your ass, pal.

1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting : KIDDING <can't take a joke> c : PRACTICAL JOKE d : LAUGHINGSTOCK
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter

It's okay Cyco, you should just keep a nice websters dictionary at your side while at SOTF and take a course in tone. That or learn not to feed the troll, tool.
Megami
Posted: May 24 2006, 06:07 PM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

My only issue with Christianity in general (and don't get me wrong, my Grandfather is the Deacon of a Catholic church) is that I don't believe any *true* religion would condemn others to hell for believing in another god/diety/idol/whatever it is you worship. Christianity, like almost all other major religions, pretty much states that if you don't believe in God and if you don't believe that Christ died on the cross for your sins, that you're doomed to burn in hell... and somehow, I just don't agree with that. I think any religion should be accepting of other religions, but they aren't. Most of them seem far too quick to defend themselves and to state that their followers are living a good life while everyone else is doomed.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 24 2006, 07:16 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Okay guys, this conversation is going in a direction that is going to be touch-and-go. Slacker - enough with the insults. Cyco - you have a problem, use the private messaging system. Y'all can war over that if you'd like.

I'd just like to say, everyone needs to make sure that when talking about religion - please respect the beliefs of the others around you. Should be just assumed, but I've got to stick a disclaimer up there.

Carry on.

Cycokiller
Posted: May 25 2006, 12:19 AM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

If you were to make a racist joke and people laughed, would that stop it from being an insult? Contrary to the modern Christian stereotype, I take my faith very seriously. I would appreciate it if you didn't mock my God.
Kaishi
Posted: May 25 2006, 01:32 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Topic closed before any of this gets too far.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0647 seconds · Archive