Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Media/Literature Influences
Lien
Posted: May 15 2006, 12:27 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

I've been in a mood to ask questions... so:

What medias (music/movies/television/books/magazines/comic books/etc.) influence you the most? Or like, who do you admire that plays a part in the creation of the medias (directors/authors/artists/musicians)?

Of course, minus the obvious choices... if there are any....
Slayer
Posted: May 15 2006, 12:51 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

No. Contrary to what the media would have you believe, I am capable of independent thought.
Cycokiller
Posted: May 15 2006, 02:57 AM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

Yeah, but who first gave you the idea to think for yourself? There lies the question! Most of who each individual is stems from outside influence, apart from the little spurts of creativity from time to time. You can't tell me you invented yourself entirely.
Minase
Posted: May 15 2006, 07:13 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Slayer @ May 15 2006, 12:51 AM)
No. Contrary to what the media would have you believe, I am capable of independent thought.

No one in the universe is capable of independent thought, if you were to be totally independant you wouldn't even know what independant thoguht was because you certainly didn't invent it. We are all tools, and ironically you really have to accept that before you can live your life as you want.
Lien
Posted: May 15 2006, 07:30 PM

;_;

:lol:

This ended up becoming a different thread than I thought....
guitarjack87
Posted: May 23 2006, 05:21 PM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

Stephen King is my favorite author
Minase
Posted: May 23 2006, 07:16 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

I'd like to think that my cynical, sarcastic, nihilistic, hedonistic, semi-depressed, self-proffesed bi-polar personality is partly a fashion of my favourite authors, C S Lewis, Chuck Palahniuck and Oscar Wilde.
Sephy
Posted: May 23 2006, 07:51 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

I admire Yoshiki and try to be like him in that he always gives 100% whatever he's doing, and that no matter what crap life throws at him he gets back up, and he's had a lot of bad things happen to him.

I also try to have Gackt's view on certain things, like bereavement, he's so sure there's something beyond this physical plane, he doesn't fear death, he's only saddened a little that it'll be a long time before he can see the people he loves again, and his view on the world, he says his ideal world would be where people don't say "I'm English" "I'm American" "I'm Chinese" or whatever, he'd like a world where people are just that, people, and it doesn't matter wether you have olive skin or bright blue.
Swoosh
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:17 PM

Unregistered

I'm inspired by my best friend, Jesus Christ. And his book, the Bible, tells me everything I need to know how to live my life right. Whenever there's something I feel I can't face or when times get rough, I only have to turn to the Bible and it'll all become better.

The Bible has also influenced the way I roleplay as well. A lot.
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:44 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Member No.: 66

Really? You know, I got kicked out of Barnes and Noble once for moving all the bibles to the fiction section...
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:57 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Heh. Shit disturber.
Lien
Posted: May 24 2006, 02:19 AM

;_;

QUOTE (Minase @ May 23 2006, 07:16 PM)
I'd like to think that my cynical, sarcastic, nihilistic, hedonistic, semi-depressed, self-proffesed bi-polar personality is partly a fashion of my favourite authors, C S Lewis, Chuck Palahniuck and Oscar Wilde.

That's an interesting combination to me. Maybe not so much Palahniuk and Wilde ( I like the authors too), but isn't CS Lewis's books highly religiously based? I can't remember if it was him.
Cycokiller
Posted: May 24 2006, 02:34 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Really? You know, I got kicked out of Barnes and Noble once for moving all the bibles to the fiction section...

You wanna insult my religion, you can shove it up your ass, pal.
guitarjack87
Posted: May 24 2006, 05:04 AM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

I guarantee I could convert anyone to christianity.

I went to Lutheran school, they made me a soldier, I know wtf I am talking about.

I have out debated Jehova's witnesses and converted a mormon.
Lien
Posted: May 24 2006, 03:06 PM

;_;

Mormons often leave on their own. Don't think it takes much convincing, considering it's just like a hardcore christian movement with a few extra theories about heaven.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0305 seconds · Archive