Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Favorite Cult Films?
Bloody_Fists
Posted: May 14 2006, 07:21 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Ive been meaning to buy old boy, i saw a review on jonathon ross's asian invasion and thought it looked cool as fuck, lol love the scene wher he eats that live octopus,, how stoned was he when filming that scene?
Sephy
Posted: May 14 2006, 07:26 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

His family's uhh Buddist (i probably have the wrong religion) so everytime he ate an octopus he had to pray to it for forgiveness, and he had to eat like 6 to get the take :P

I love OldBoy, i've been meaning to buy the other 2 in the director's "Vengence" trilogy, Sympathy for Lady Vengance looks kickass.
Minase
Posted: May 14 2006, 08:28 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (XOXOSpankmegirlXOXO @ May 14 2006, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Minase @ May 14 2006, 07:06 PM)
In my opinion there are only three major cases where the movie beat the book: LOTR, The Crow and Trainspotting (and I am an Irvine Whelsh fan, but Trainspotting is by no means his best work).

I thought the LOTR movie was crap, the only thing they did better then the books was to remove Tom friggin Bombadil.

oh other cult movies I like: Anything by Takashi Miike.

Well , bearing in mind this is all a matter of opinion but, in mine, LOTR=Worst books of all time.
Sephy
Posted: May 14 2006, 08:49 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Minase @ May 14 2006, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (XOXOSpankmegirlXOXO @ May 14 2006, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Minase @ May 14 2006, 07:06 PM)
In my opinion there are only three major cases where the movie beat the book: LOTR, The Crow and Trainspotting (and I am an Irvine Whelsh fan, but Trainspotting is by no means his best work).

I thought the LOTR movie was crap, the only thing they did better then the books was to remove Tom friggin Bombadil.

oh other cult movies I like: Anything by Takashi Miike.

Well , bearing in mind this is all a matter of opinion but, in mine, LOTR=Worst books of all time.

I quite liked them, tho i dont think theyre the "best books ever!11" liek some people do, but i cant beleive the movies left out the burning of the shire, I loved that to pieces! ;_;
plus i'm a diehard fan od the crappy old cartoon LOTR.
Swoosh
Posted: May 14 2006, 10:24 PM

Unregistered

I like Takashi Miike films. Audition was really good as well, although it was a little sick... the son was hot though XDDD
Lien
Posted: May 15 2006, 12:21 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Star Wars= Cult film?

I was just wondering, I mean, tons and tons of people know about it. But that doesn't always mean it's a cult film....

I figure it is because of many, many, many stormtroopers and Darth Vaders around when any movies are released.

And on side-note, love Chuck Palahniuk.
Minase
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:53 PM

The Musical Sportsman

QUOTE (Lien @ May 15 2006, 12:21 AM)
And on side-note, love Chuck Palahniuk.

Greatest author ever, and that's a lot coming from someone like me, for I must admit I have a tendency to despise anything that romotely rings of 'Americana' (I almost totally flipped when I heard a rumour about an American BR, luckily it seems it was totally unfounded) Don't get me wrong guys, it's not racism, it's just a general lack of inerest and a bit of anger at Hollywood stealing glory from Britain with movies like Enigma and Saving Private Ryan.

But Chuck Palahniuk is the exception, in my entire library of a good couple of hundred books he is the only American author I can stand to display (except Tennesse Williams, I hate him but I had to study him for my first year of A-levels and I keep his plays as a momento) and I display him with pride, I think he is the best, end of story.

Not trying to offend any Americans here, everyone dislikes some things, I dislike most American things.
Lien
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 11:29 PM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Favorite work from him? I haven't finished all his books yet, but I'm liking Survivor a lot.
Minase
Posted: Jun 4 2006, 12:07 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Obviously fight club, he's never surpassed it to date.

Diary was bloody good though.

Haunted wasn't as intriguing as those but was certainly an interesting piece of satire, and a real cringer :(
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0283 seconds · Archive