Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Fic Pick

Fic Pick
Battle Royale: Breaking Old Habits [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Battle Royale: Doomed to Obscurity [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
Zero Hakaru
Posted on May 4 2006, 07:01 PM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

I'm writing up a BR fic and I need some help picking one of the scenarios.

The first is Battle Royale: Breaking Old Habits, a plot in which the Republic of the Greater East Asia has been steadily losing their influence upon the subjects whom they rule over. So in one desperate attempt, they launch BR Act: Gedatsu. Gedatsu is meant as a deterrance for rebellion using three groups of 11th graders from the countries of USA, England, and Russia. The setting takes place on the island of Bontekoe, Greenland. Pretty much Artic Combat.

The other, Doomed to Obscurity, is a rather interesting one. Following the concept the manga follows BR being a reality show, the government decides to add some spice to thier latest Program incarnation. Instead of going with the 9th graders for starters, 11th graders are chosen for this Program and the battleground is one of which the BR Act has never seen. The "warfront" is onboard a luxury cruise liner (think Titanic) of which the individual rooms and cabins become danger zones and the lifeboats have been removed. Save for one, a submersible on board which is in a Danger Zone until only one lives, then the Zone is deactivated. But, the sea can hold many surprises.
Cycokiller
Posted on May 4 2006, 07:38 PM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Of the two, the second sounds a bit more enthralling.
Slayer
Posted on May 4 2006, 10:49 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Number two has been done before, and number one would probably start a war between the Republic and those three countries, but it depends how you work them.
Zero Hakaru
Posted on May 5 2006, 02:15 AM

Playing

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Slayer @ May 4 2006, 05:49 PM)
Number two has been done before, and number one would probably start a war between the Republic and those three countries, but it depends how you work them.

The only one I know of using a ship was a script like fic that was never completed (only 2 short chaps). It was meh IMO. Other than that, I saw nothing of the sort on fanfiction.net (and I'm anal about stuff like that, trying to create something fresh and new... especially since I had the idea for KH3 before I played and got the special ending for KH2. >>)
Sephy
Posted on May 5 2006, 01:59 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Zero Hakaru @ May 4 2006, 07:01 PM)
I'm writing up a BR fic and I need some help picking one of the scenarios.

The first is Battle Royale: Breaking Old Habits, a plot in which the Republic of the Greater East Asia has been steadily losing their influence upon the subjects whom they rule over. So in one desperate attempt, they launch BR Act: Gedatsu. Gedatsu is meant as a deterrance for rebellion using three groups of 11th graders from the countries of USA, England, and Russia. The setting takes place on the island of Bontekoe, Greenland. Pretty much Artic Combat.

The other, Doomed to Obscurity, is a rather interesting one. Following the concept the manga follows BR being a reality show, the government decides to add some spice to thier latest Program incarnation. Instead of going with the 9th graders for starters, 11th graders are chosen for this Program and the battleground is one of which the BR Act has never seen. The "warfront" is onboard a luxury cruise liner (think Titanic) of which the individual rooms and cabins become danger zones and the lifeboats have been removed. Save for one, a submersible on board which is in a Danger Zone until only one lives, then the Zone is deactivated. But, the sea can hold many surprises.

May I ask why you want to change it to 11th graders? I don't known how old they'd be but it seems they'd be older then normal BR kids, personally when people put older people into BR I think it loses some of it's point, it't not adults punishing other adults, its adults punishing the innocent, children.

*Twitches* can I just say, there is no Reality tv show concept in the BR manga, all the TV show bullshit was made up by the idiot who 'adapted' the manga.

Both the ideas seem ok, although the first one would create problems
1) the Republic don't have contact with the other countries, so how would they kidnap the kids?
2) it removes the concept of "could you kill your best friend" and it becomes "could you kill a total stranger who doesn't even speak the same language as you?"

The second fic i've seen done several times already, it's not on fanfiction.net but if you know of the Battle Royale Film forums a poster called "Vizier Mountain" already posted a fic with a BR on a luxury cruise liner.
Albel Nox
Posted on May 5 2006, 05:09 PM

Sadistic Commander of the Black Brigade

Member No.: 46

Yeah, the second sounds a lot better, but make it really unique!!!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0639 seconds · Archive