Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Skype!, Who has it?
Swoosh
Posted: Apr 11 2006, 11:37 PM

Unregistered

I just got it and I'm a little confused on how it works. Does anyone else have it?

I'm ladyswoosh, by the way.
Slayer
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 01:04 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

And Skype is...?
riserugu
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 01:32 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

Skype is sorta like messanger, but instead of typing you instead talk to people. I have, well had it on my main CPU before it took a trip to hell and never came back. It be easily to teach you if I had it, but let's see if I can explain it best I can in my words.

It pretty much works as a messanger, in that when you've logged in, there should be the 'add contact' or something similar to that button at the top, and then below should be your contact list and you should already start out with one person (that being the Skype help thing-a-gig that you call and see if your mic is working) but yeah, pretty much when you get someone to add, just add them, click there name, and hit the green button at the bottom... and that's pretty much it. :huh: It's rather fun, probably more if you had more people to talk to... I only had Dodd, and Kuze and I never really got the chance to talk to Adam seeing as my mic started being evil.

That's what I get for using a mic that's supposed to be used for a game on the PS2 I suppose.

I hope I explained it decent enough... that's pretty much all there is to know, I think -- all I know about it really.
Kuze
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 04:42 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

basically Skype is like Vonage (if your in the states you've probibally seen the adverts) but instad of using a normal phone, you use a microphone, and your computer.

Skype has the ability to call any regular telephone in the world...for a fee. But calling other Skype users free as air.

also its halfway banned in communist China, whitch is odd considering I have someone from communist China on my Skype buddy list.

I have basically Introduced it to several people on the fourm, Namely Kaishi, Riser, ADN Kuro.

I have on ym buddy list. Adam, Riser, Kashi, Theseus, 3 podcasters, some guy from communist China, one of theseus's freinds and that Skype test recording.

anyones wondering my Skype username is as expected kuze77

Oh and quick hint, NEVER LEAVE YOUR STATUS AS SKYPE ME I got Lituanians, Germans,and the Chinese calling me.
Slayer
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 04:44 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

What isn't banned in Communist China? I'm not kidding, it seems they ban something else every day.
ZigZaggerty
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 05:14 AM

Janitor Victim

Member No.: 78

I use Skype, I've had it for a small while. You can get me at Metheuzula or ZigZaggerty. I forget which.
Swoosh
Posted: Apr 12 2006, 10:18 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Kuze @ Apr 12 2006, 05:42 AM)
Oh and quick hint, NEVER LEAVE YOUR STATUS AS SKYPE ME I got Lituanians, Germans,and the Chinese calling me.

I just found that out x___X Some Turkish guy. Waaah!
Cycokiller
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 02:45 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Sounds like an STD.
Theseus
Posted: Apr 20 2006, 12:52 AM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

I was meaning to reply to this thread, I just forgot what my skype username was, but it's theseus1238 so yeah anyone can skype me anytime they want if the want
Croco
Posted: May 16 2006, 02:42 AM

Meep! They're after me!

Member No.: 108

*waves his hand around* I do! I do!

The name is crocosaur for those that're curious.
Lien
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 05:15 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Because I'm so damn creative....

Ebonydear.
Cycokiller
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 01:45 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

<<chortle>> I contracted skype from my previous partner...does anybody have something for this rash?? <<snort>>
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0690 seconds · Archive