Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Your V2 two characters, Another thread to prep us for V2...
Croco
Posted: May 10 2006, 03:26 AM

Meep! They're after me!

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

Y'know something...back to Loveless' idea for a cloest homosexual...I was thinking of creating an openly gay character. He'd probably be one not to be fucked with cause let's face it, high school kids, especially the guys and moreso jocks, can be really nasty toward a guy if they found out he was gay...and I'm not just talking about using the fag word either. The only issue I'm debating is his appearance, namely body shape...should he be thin and have a more bishouen(sp?)-like appearance, or should I make him big and have him fit in the "bear" category? (If you're familiar with the gay community, you should know what I'm referring to when I mention bears. And on a side note, I myself am not gay, but have several friends that are and am bisexual myself...just thought I'd get that off my chest.) Either way, I'd mark him with a tag that says HANDLE WITH CARE cause I know for a fact that he's gonna be looking to get back at people for the bullying and name-calling he's had to endure in school.
Lien
Posted: May 10 2006, 05:23 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

I know a really feisty little guy, who gave his "bear" of a ex-boyfriend a right hook. So, if your character is going to have more sass, I would stick with a smaller frame. It just seems cooler to roleplay.
Sephy
Posted: May 10 2006, 08:21 AM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

Both my characters are bisexual if anyone cares :P *is incapable of making a 100% straight male character*
Minase
Posted: May 10 2006, 05:39 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

Well my characters are 100% straight, in fact they probably don't even know what being 'gay' even is, so I can make up the numbers for straight characters if you guys want to all be queer :D

(I use the term lovingly)
Kris
Posted: May 25 2006, 11:24 PM

Dance Water Dance!

Member No.: 107

Lets see I have two already planned out, one is a villan and the other is just sadly misunderstood and complex. Well her life is T-T. However the third character I have in the workd is probably going to be a boy can't find any boy names. xD

The guys are make are bisexual as well ^_^
MooCow
Posted: May 26 2006, 01:30 AM

Resident Snuggle Bunny ^__^ ::snuggles with you::

Member No.: 7

In response to Croco I came out earlier this year (my senior year) and no one ever said anything to me negatively. And I go to a Catholic school which is not the greatest place to be if you're gay. Maybe it was the fact that I'd known those people for three and a half years (some even more) but I was never threatened, received a nasty remark or let alone had a finger laid on me. ::shrugs:: Anyway yeah off topic much sorry for the spam or whatever not trying to turn the topic. I think it's interesting that a lot of characters have differing sexualities though... wasn't to much of it in V1.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: May 26 2006, 04:21 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

I'm as straight as a really straight thing.

(Didn't want to say arrow, that's so fucking cliche.)

But I dunno. Straight or gay, it's not like it defines your body type or whatever. You can take an ordinary person and then they're 'gay'. And it's like...does it really make a difference?

I mean, like...a person is a person is a person. Straight or gay is just another characteristic in my eyes, like brown hair, blue eyes, large hands, small penis, big nose, large breasts, floppy ears.

Y'know. Just another characteristic.,

Just my opinion, folks.

Slayer
Posted: May 26 2006, 05:46 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Well, to get this back on topic, I was thinking on making a character with a similar concept to Jack (son of politician), but on the other side of the spectrum. Where Jack seems to be kind of an anarchist and doesn't abuse his family name, my character would take ample advantage of it. Basically, he's a psychopath, he knows it, and he uses his family's influence to get away with it.
Croco
Posted: May 31 2006, 05:08 PM

Meep! They're after me!

Member No.: 108

I think I've made up my mind as to how I wanna handle the character I suggested, so now all I have to do is come up with a female character to go with them. For those that saw what little I put up on the AIP roleplay, do you think I'd be better off with Brittany Clausen (the cheerleader) or Carlina Jarrett (the goth)? Either way, they're both gonna be toast... ;)
Megami
Posted: May 31 2006, 05:25 PM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

We had like a million goth characters in V1, so I'd say go with the cheerleader. Then again, it may be different for V2. ^_^
Minase
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:22 PM

The Musical Sportsman

So far though I don't think anyone has mentioned a goth character, so it would be original at this point, but I would prefer a cheerleader.

To be honest, I just think the roleplay would be more fun with more 'in' characters, as oppose to social outcasts. It just seems that if your character is a social outcast, they instantly become either easy kills for others, or brutal muderders themselves. People who are popular, with loads of friends and just generally fit in, I believe, make much better characters for a game like this, because the turmoil such people would face in having to kill off their best friends in order to survive would be so much greater, thus making them more interesting.

Don't get me wrong, we are going to need some social outcasts and a few complete arseholes or no one will kill anyone and the game will just become about a bunch of kids walking around on an island talking about who they have crushes on, but I think the game wiuld succeed with as few of those as possible, and my justification for this theory is BR itself. Mitsuko, Kiryiama and a few of their 'friends', how many other outcasts are there. Two or three minor ones who really are only looked down of for their weight or appearance, in general its just one massive gang of friends, and in real life its like that too, more people fit in than stick out, otherwise they wouldn't be oucasts at all, no matter how weird they tried ot make themselves.

I don't want to influence anyone here (or maybe I do but only if they already in part agree with what I think) I'm mostly just stating my beliefs on what sort of characters make for a better game.

So yeah, cheerleader.
Megami
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 05:46 PM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

Well, for what it's worth, I tend to agree with you on that. But if you think about it, nearly everyone has a social clique anyway. The goths tend to hang out together, the cheerleaders, etc. In V1, there seemed to be a lot of social outcasts, but you know... one of the only areas where V1 is sort of flawed is that unlike BR, probably half the kids on the island didn't have a clue who the others were (even though most of them came from the same school). For the most part, the majority of the kids in V1 tended to be loners or pretty low on the totem pole. We DID have a couple athletes (I always assumed B.C. High's baseball boys were pretty popular) and a couple others (Adam, Aiden, etc.) who were pretty far up there on the popularity ladder, but most of the characters were, quoth the conclusions section, "punk kids with martial arts skills". Then again, considering we had so many different schools participating in V1, people's social status didn't really matter anyway. ^_^ But you know, where would we be without the angsty, suicidal social recluses? Lots of them turned out to be awesome characters.[/endrant]
Minase
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:01 PM

The Musical Sportsman

I totally agree with you on your main point, about how nobody really knew anybody else despite going to the same school, being a major flaw, one which we donlt have to worry about revisiting due to the pre-game roleplay. Also you are right, most people, even the outcasts, have their own group, perhaps I was hasty in suggesting 'goth' means complete friendless loner, only in V1 it sort of did.

What I really want, personally, is to see a really tight knit group of people in V2 like we all saw in the orginal battle royale. I want best friends and good friends and groups of friends and people who are in several groups and connect them all into one big collection of friends, it's how real life is for the most part and the reaslism that BR achieved, even with its totally abstract theme, was one of the things I loved about it most. Fortuanately (for me) it looks like thats exactly what we will get, what with the pre-game RPs and the amount of people on the board who have become friends due to V1 and will therefore be able to interact well in V2.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:08 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Well, that's the thing with Pre-Game RPs...once we're able to RP the pre-game, it'll be better in that relationships will form.
Doink
Posted: Jun 16 2006, 06:38 PM

Playing

Member No.: 132

Okay, I've already got two characters in the Pregame RP at Hobbsborough.

First is Lance Adams, a cynical manga fan who's been through a very rough scrape at one point. In the game, he'll be the self-defense type of guy, preferring to watch exchanges unless he feels he's needed. Once in a group, however, he'll do his best to stick with it until it disbands. I'm not intending for him to make it to the end, just as far as he can get. Hopefully he'll die once the students have been narrowed down to ten, or something. He'll also be trying to find his girlfriend, Kasumi White.

Kasumi is a religious girl, who carries a Bible wherever she goes. She'll try to be a self-defense type, although it will be harder for her to do so. I plan for her to die early on (earlier than Lance, at least) before she can go crazy.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1195 seconds · Archive