Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Great Role Playing Tournament
Minase
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 01:23 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Wanted: Experienced Role Players for Battle Tournament

Get ready everyone, because this is it. The Great Role Playing Tournament, the ultimate chance to test out your skills before the arrival of V2.

The rules and structure of this tournament are simple. To enter you need one character. They don't have to be new or particularly well detailed, they just need to meet all the basic requirements established by the SOTF rules for character submission. If you want you can use an old character of yours because this is'nt a test of character builidng, it's a test of your skills as a role-player.

Once everyone who wishes to enter has done so a tournament roster will be drawn up, estasblising the first round bouts. A fight is conducted in the following manner-

Two fighters per fight.
Each fighter takes it in turns to post, so they RP a battle between their two characters. Each fighter makes two posts, then a death post of them killing the other fighters character. The judges responsible for the tournament will then vote on the best RPer of the two and the winner goes through to the next round.

The battle will be set in a SOTF style arena. Each fight will take place in an area of the SOTF island selected by the tournament host (me!). Weapons will be rolled for randomly, the same as in the official game.

In very basic form, heres a battle situation:

Characters: Gabrielle, Minase (Ice pick) vs Dodd, Adam (Smoke Grenades)

Turns: 1)Minase: introduces arena and attacks Adam.
1)Adam: Introduces arena from Adams perspective and reacts to Minase's attack.
2)Minase: Fights Adam, can MAIM within reason (no parlysing, they have to be able to fight back) but not kill.
2)Adam: Fights Minase, same rules apply.
3)Minases:kills Adam
3)Adam:kills Minase

The best overall RPer is then chosen as the victor by the judges and procceeds to the next round.

Well thats the basic idea, but I open the tournament to criticism, anyway you think it could be improved speak now before anything gets started.

I also need ideas three judges, obviously I want everyone to fight but that makes finding neutral judges very difficult.
Cycokiller
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 07:51 PM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Haha nobody cares.
Kaishi
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 09:32 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Haha you got a warning.
Cycokiller
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 08:46 PM

Playing

I apologize Minase. That wasn't cool.
Minase
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 08:51 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

I care so much, I think you need to be banned.
Cycokiller
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 09:53 PM

Playing

See, he doesn't care!
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 09:54 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Yeah, I love it when stories and conversations really go places...

XD

Closed.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0477 seconds · Archive