Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Battle RP, We need a proper one.
Minase
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 10:16 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I was just browsing the 'Other RPing' section of the board and noticed a distinct lack of action there condsidering the large number or members this board has, and the few players the official game now has. What we lack most if a good battle RP, I mean the international foodfight was good and all but it hardly prepares you for the intensity of the real SOTF experience. Okay, its just RPing and all but if you don't practice writing you get crap and I want V2 to be fun, with some decent writers making decent contributions, none of this whole bang his head explodes into dust crap. Most people on this board are pretty good but if we get out of practice we will get 'rusty' to quote Kaishi, the only person I have thus far seen making an effort to get us battle RPing, and with limited success.

I think its about time everyone on the board got together to compose an all out battle thread. All the brutality of SOTF with none of the rules. Pure brutality and chaos with no real competition. In short I think someone (and I'll do it if my idea gets enough support and no one else wants to) should make a good old fashioned tournament battle thread. I don't know how many of you have ever RPed this way, but basically everyone who wants to enter makes a character and does so. Then someone draws up a tournament roster. Once we've decided who fights who and in what order, we begin the battling. Each combatant in a fight gets to make a pre-determined number of posts, and the two essentially make a little short story between themselves, in which their characters battle it out. Then each person makes a post of them killing the other character. The best RPer overall is selected by a panel of judges (also pre-decided upon) and he/she wins the fight.

LadyMakaze
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 10:27 PM

Savage Intent.

Group: 20
Member No.: 32

Sounds interesting enough. If you want, you can organize it yourself in the Other RP forum, or get someone else to do it :P
Minase
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 01:00 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Well okay, I will try and set up a tournament style RP in the other RP board, seeing as my idea has faced no objections at least, and we'll see how it goes.
Minase
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 01:27 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Okay I have made the thread but I'm not entirely happy with it. I wanted to put more time into it but its hard to really get it how I like when I'm working on half a pc screen (the other half being smashed by a BB pellet) Anything that is unclear, needs changing improving or adding, I want people to tell me. I am totally open to any criticism that can get the tournament perfect so that we can really enjoy it when we begin.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0260 seconds · Archive