Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Your plans for v2, Because were here to listen
Megami
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 05:38 PM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Well, if we used a prison, you'd have to keep in mind that the character's mobility would greatly decrease.

For example, if they were going from the showers to the cells, they would have to pass through the same hallway where another group may be standing. You don't have as much maneuverability because you're in an enclosed space as opposed to the outdoors.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Means more encounters, potentially. Anyway, yeah, it's a nice idea. It's definitely a change from the norm.
ZigZaggerty
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 10:01 AM

Janitor Victim

Group: Members
Member No.: 78

I discovered this board about a week ago and since then I've been waiting for a chance to get in, so v2 looks like that chance. I have a character planned out and everything.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 08:11 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Member No.: 38

Always good to see new talent appearing. i suppose you could rp in the 'other rp' section?
ZigZaggerty
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 11:31 PM

Janitor Victim

Member No.: 78

I guess I could, I'm an avid Roleplayer. I've been RPing on one board for over a year, and have delved into a few other ones. I'm also familiar with the Battle Royale series, never having seen the movie, but read the synopsis and reading the manga a few times I have a basic idea of what to expect. I've read all the rules and guidelines and am ready to get to it.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. A prison kind of place seems a bit too cramped. Maybe a Prison island sort of thing, but not a small prison. The mountains sound good too, but the weather would be quite harsh! But I can't help but see a final showdown area like a field with snow slowly falling all around. I myself would vote for a skyscraper, with mulitple floors. Like large banquet halls and gardens, and the roof could be a large dome area made of glass, and at the final showdown the glass could break and a gentle snowfall could be seen all around.

Every dramatic scene is better with a gentle snowfall.
Slayer
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 11:40 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Master_Mind @ Jan 16 2006, 11:31 PM)

I prefer rain and thunder myself, but its Kai's choice, not ours.
guitarjack87
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 05:20 AM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

Remember the underground base in the snowy level of goldeneye? with like the big control towers? that would be a cool place to roleplay

Or like the 'Lost' island, with the ship and the hatch and stuff.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 12:34 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

An prison island is exactly what i meant, If youve played the game 'the suffering' you'd know how cool an prison island could be.
Albel Nox
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 05:51 PM

Sadistic Commander of the Black Brigade

Member No.: 46

That would be so kick ass!!! The suffering was awesome!!!
guitarjack87
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 08:34 PM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

I have my flagship ready, and also an interesting bad guy type that might or might not end up as my flagship depending on how everyone else responds.
Swoosh
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 10:49 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Master_Mind @ Jan 17 2006, 12:31 AM)

Oh man, ain't that ever the truth, you KNOW a fight scene's gonna be good when it's got gentle snowfall! Welcome to the boards Master_Mind!
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 10:36 AM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Yeah the snowfall was ok in house of flying daggers, but im agreeing with slayer on this one, Thunder and rain ARE better than any crappy fluffywhite snow fall.
Friendly Ghost
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 11:45 AM

Playing

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Megami @ Jan 15 2006, 05:38 PM)
Well, if we used a prison, you'd have to keep in mind that the character's mobility would greatly decrease.

For example, if they were going from the showers to the cells, they would have to pass through the same hallway where another group may be standing.  You don't have as much maneuverability because you're in an enclosed space as opposed to the outdoors.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Means more encounters, potentially.  Anyway, yeah, it's a nice idea.  It's definitely a change from the norm.

Yeah, that would be a good thing, tricky to run, but adding another level of realism.

I for the second version I will definately have two characters running; my usual tactic is to pinch minor characters who die half-way through a book, and transfer them to America and develope them. Sure I can think of at least three.

Snowfall vs thunder? Depends on the kind of fight; for ones like HOFD where the fighters are evenly matched, but still compelled to fight on as long as they've got the strength, snowfall is better. Dramatic, first-one-then-the-other fights like Matrix Revolutions are better with rain.
Sephy
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 03:15 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

I find the whole snowfall/ thunder thing horrible cliche and over dramatic, when it's used in a film I usually think "hmm, the filmmakers have no ideas how to make this scene more original so they're just gonna use prophetic fallacy, c'mon guys, shakespeare used that trick, think of something new" <_<

Just my opinion, don't hate me....uh look there! :ph43r: *uses super 1337 kage powers to vanish*
Friendly Ghost
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 03:21 PM

Playing

Member No.: 56

Pathetic fallacy, and it certainly is pathetic sometimes, but the ending of Seven Samurai would be unimaginable without the rain and mud.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 10:38 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

So i just finished my flagship character for v2 out of boredom. Fun to write and different to what i tohught it would be.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0257 seconds · Archive