Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

An International Phenomenon, Another RP From the SOTF Universe!
Minase
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 09:31 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Jack had not banked on such a response from this girl. By her look, he saw her as a possible easy ride and he wouldn't have been surprised if she had simply pulled him off into some bushes starting pulling off his trousers there and then. At the same time, sometimes girls that gave off such a look were really just prudent teases, and it also wouldn't have shocked Jack if she had simple given him a flick and a wave and marched off in the other direction. Mariavels suggestion betrayed all his conceoptions of her. The idea of going to an amusement park seemed so childlike, so innocent, that Jack had to do a retake in his mind. It seemed to him that he had got the measure of this girl entirely wrong.

Mariavel confused Jack. This was his downfall, for with curiosity comes genuine feeling. He wanted to learn more about this girl, and his interest was most likely to exceed itself and evolve into something else, attraction. From attraction he would then progress to satisfaction, as he began to build a relationship with the girl and feel genuine achievement from unraveling her mystery. The way was set, and Jack was at the very start, still with enough time to turn back.

He looked over his shoulder, he looked down the path again.

There's always a third way

'Oh, hun I'd love to but I'm low on funds, not to mention if we get seen somewhere like that in school hours we aren't likely to hear the end of it. Honestly, I'd like to do it some time, really I would, but for now maybe we could just take it a little easy huh, no need to go rushing off the moment we meet.'

He smiled to placate her. He wasn't going to dive in right away, this was already starting to become a little more complicated than he had planned, but at the same time he wasn't going to blow the girl off, no chance.
mitsuko2
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 09:45 PM

Amanda loves you!

Member No.: 115

"Oh... ya, your... your right. I'm sorry. So... uh... I guess we could just walk around." she said sadly.

'Oh how stupid of me! I should have never even asked. He probobly thinks I'm just a kid now.' she thought as she crossed her arms and kept a small smile on.
Minase
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 09:01 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Jack noted the tone of dismay in Mariavel's voice. It made him feel bad, to have so obviously hurt her feelings.

This girl entirely betrayed any of the prior judgements he had made about her, and all of a sudden the idea of using her, which had, essentially, been his original plan, seemed entirely out of the question.

She was almost childlike in her attitude, she seemed so naive that Jack sensed in his heart a pang of what he could only interpret as pity. There was something behind this girl's state of mind, something that made her the way she was, and it was something Jack wanted to know more about. His curiousity dictated his actions now, instructing his every move, it drove him to attempt to reach a state of higher relations with this girl, but no longer did he have any physical intentions towards her.

A girl with the body of a lap-dancer, dressed like an easy-ride, who talks like a little girl, who will invte a boy to an amusement parks and can have her feelings so obviously hurt by such a simple rejection as the boy suggesting he'd rather do it some other time. Her fragility, her naivety, what was the riddle behind the almost bi-polar Mariavel? Jack wanted to know,

'Yeah, hanging out her would be way cooler than an amusement park, thats all just about annoyingly loud noises and little kids dropping their sweets all over the place and bawling there eyes out till they get more whilst their parents howl at eachother about trvial bullshit no one cares about but they seem to think the world should be told of. Here is much better, just me and you, we could get to know eachother a lot better, I mean I really know nothing about you hun, nothing at all, except your name which I'm probably pronouncing wrong anyway (chuckle), we got a bit of time before this lesson ends, lets just talk till then huh?'
mitsuko2
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 11:27 PM

Amanda loves you!

'wow... he, he's so nce. I... I think I'm falling in love. He's handsom, and smart, and really nice. I want to know more about this boy. He makes me feel good inside.' Mariavel thought, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"Um, okay so... what do you want to know? I want to lern about you too." she said and smiled. She was finding a new friend, and quite possibly a new crush.
Queen Asshat
Posted: May 10 2006, 08:21 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

"Let's just get this drunk guy home, before Jack D-D(he made sure to make these sound like real D's a hard thing to do for one not skilled in the art of fake stuttering) Aniels gets pissed at us, eh?" he smiled at Lien tenderly "And then you and your dancer friends can get into your leotards and the hot blonde spic-esque chick can sit on my lap and talk about whatever pops up.", Jack said with a grin on his face before starting up the car.
guitarjack87
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:01 PM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

"OH OH, were halfway there, OH OH, liiiivin on a praaayer, take my hand, we'll make it I sweaaayeaar, OOOH OH, living on a prayer."

Jordan bellowed out the lyrics, strangely on key even in his semi incoherant state. He was swaying his head back and forth, his eyes closed as he sang. He also continually smacked the roof of the car with his left hand, perhaps to make as much noise as possible.

"Hey jjacolakolak, turn up the damn radeo !!"

"Leeeeien, why didnt you sit by meeee?"

Jordan grabbed Lein's head and lovingly shook it back and forth.

"The strands in your eyes, that color them wonderfuul, stop me and steal my breath, and emeralds for mountans, thrust towards the sky, never revealing there death,

NOw TEEELLLL ME, THAT WEEE BELONG TOGETHEEER, dress it up, WITH THE TRAPPINGS OF LOOOVE, ILL BE CAPTIVATED, I'm HAAANGING FROM YOUR LIPS, INSTEAD OF THE GALLLOWS, OF HEARTACHE, that hangs from aboove."
Lien
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:12 PM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

"Jesus. Christ. This. Seems like a bad idea now," Lien says as her head hits the headrest about five more times as Jordan is singing.

She clutches the door on the car, hoping he doesn't pull her back there with him in that state. It's an awkward situation indeed, but she decided to put a little humor in it either way.

"At least he's singing your favorite song, am I right?" she asks Jack after pulling her head away from Jordan's hands.
Minase
Posted: May 30 2006, 07:58 PM

The Musical Sportsman

A short yet at the same time substantial period had elapsed since Jack and Mariavel had began talking. Though in truth it was only a matter of minutes, the two had learnt much about each other, enough to make the moment very meaningful to them, and also the English lesson which had driven Jack to the grounds in the first place was now well and truly over, having run-over several minutes on account of…well Elizabeth soon put a stop to the ramblings (‘pathetic fallacy blah-blah-blah’) of her much less than respected peer, and the class got out eventually.

As the class dispersed in the hallway, Elizabeth did not walk on to her next destination alone, but was joined by the young Thai boy who had sat beside her in the classroom. At first she had only shown interest in him to frustrate the jealous Jack, but since then they had done a lot of talking (or she had talked, he had mostly smiled, whilst he seemed to have more than an adequate grasp of the English language he didn’t seem to have the intelligence to capitalise on that grasp, in fact Liz couldn’t help but get the sense that he wouldn’t be much better conversation if they were speaking Thai) and she had found him to be intriguing, and worth spending time with when out of earshot of Jack (but of course, in full view of all his friends). He was nice, in the way that only those truly devoid of any determinable intellect can be, like a Labrador puppy or child too young to have yet learnt any cruelty, Adam and Eve before their temptation, totally oblivious to anything but merely existing, in a state of perpetual harmony. By contrast to the intelligent but overcomplicated Jack he was a breath of fresh air for Liz, something entirely new.

She had learnt little about him, but had tried her very hardest to pry as much from him as possible. So far all she had was his name (Panom), his hometown (Nang Baa), and the knowledge that his mother (Ning) had moved him to the US to give him an easy life, which strangely he seemed to resent. Liz, seeing it as a touchy subject (the only one that could sway him from continually beaming at her) moved on from this line of inquiry rapidly.

As the two walked the hallways together many heads turned, not every head, but a lot for sure. The students in possession of these heads were themselves confused, as they watched the often restricted, self-reliant Liz, rarely seen with anybody outside of her personally circle of activists (or Jack) walking down the hall behaving in such an open manner towards the only student more restricted than her, who, and this really surprised some people, could speak English after all. Whispers ran as background music to the two as they strolled past door after door, heading, oddly enough, in the same direction.

Liz did not have a lesson now, and whilst Panom did it was unlikely he would be noticed missing. Panom never spoke inside of class, and very rarely outside of it. He had no skills or talents in any lessons. He was not bright, he was not an artist or a craftsman and has no particular interest in any sporting venture the school had to offer, despite his mother insisting at every parents evening that back home he had been an avid sportsman. Prying Panom from his perpetual state of apathy was a task many had undertaken and none had succeeded, until, it seemed, today.

Whilst these two students became acquainted for the first time, another two were also becoming more informed of each other. Jack and Mariavel had walked right round the school and ended up outside the rear exits, where they had each taken a seat on a dumpster to relax their legs.

From their elevated vantage point, they had the advantage over another two students who were now exiting the school building together, and were able to get a good look at them without being spotted themselves. Jack emitted a low grunt, as something inside his chest lunged into his throat then dived down even more forcefully into his gut where it exploded into a shower of butterflies that remained for a long time after the event had passed. The two were Elizabeth and that kid from English.

Jack looked at Mariavel, there was no way he could confront the two before her, and there was no way he could ignore them either. He was worried the exasperation showed on his face, so he quickly regrouped and began talking to her again-

“Check out those two, you know either of them?”

He figured there would be a loophole in his predicament if he drew the conversation to Liz and the boy.
mitsuko2
Posted: May 30 2006, 08:23 PM

Amanda loves you!

Mariavel had spent the last twenty or so minutes learning about jack and telling him about herself, leaving out the more... hurtful details. They had ended up sitting on a dumpster near the exit to the school.

Mariavel was really begining to like this Jack. She was totally crushiung on him. She thought of him as an escape from her horribble reality.

“Check out those two, you know either of them?”

"Well ya. That's Panom the new student from Thiland I belive, and the girl is Elizabeth. She and I are in the same math class."

When Mariavel turned to look at Jack her heart sank. He was looking at Liz. looking at her with those eyes. The eyes of love.

Somehow she pulled herself together. "You wanna go and talk to them?"
Minase
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 12:47 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Jack contemplated for a moment. He wasn't the fastest thinker on his feet, and his past record of half-baked idea's going tragically wrong was a fine example of how this was true. Nevertheless this situation, he knew, called for the rapidest thinking he could achieve without merely resorting to throwing another tray of food at the back of Elizabeth's head, which he probably would have ended up doing if only he had only had one to hand. How had he found himself in this position? Jealously stewing atop a dumpster, putting the moves on a girl he had only just met whilst viciously eyeballing Elizabeth as she did the same thing only to some random foreign kid. How had they come to this, when only about an hour ago it seemed like they were going to get back together again?!

These questions bombarded the edgy young Jack like a torrent of hail catching him completely off gaurd. He set them aside as best he could, such thoughts were to be dealt with at a later date, once the current issue, he decided, had been resolved.

He could sense dissapointment in Mariavel, a loss of the more upbeat, hopeful and almost childish nature he had sensed in her before and become so intrigued by, those things replaced by an odd tone of despair as she asked him:

"You wanna go and talk to them?"

Jack flipped a coin in his head, not literally but the entirely random selection of his response by his overworked brain and the blunt manner in which he blurted it out suggested he had in fact only chosen it on the call of a coin, and upon seeing the result had immediately cried it out without really registering it first:

"Yes!"

Was his mindless response, and no sooner had he blurted it did he wish he hadn't, for he couln;t justufy it in any way. He couldn't say what he wanted to talk to them about, or why he wanted to talk to them about it, but he couldn't retract his answer and so instead he rapidly jumped down from the dumpster and began to move towards the couple.

Jack's feet had hit the ground hard and with a resounding smack that reached the ears of Panom and Elizabeth, causing them to turn bout and see him standing, mere feet away, having apparently just fallen down from the top of one of the dumspters. Elizabeth looked to Jack, and he looked back for a moment, then looked to Panom, who was apparently staring up into the sky. Puzzled, Jack did the same.

Shit, he thought and made a mental note to kick himself later. I've left her up there. Mariavel was still seated atop the dumpster, and in her high heels it seemed unlikely she would be able to jump down without help. With a cautious glance at Panom, he rotated on his left foot, stuck his right out before him and held his arms out in front of him:

"You want some help getting down?"
mitsuko2
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 07:06 PM

Amanda loves you!

"Yes!"

Mariavel wached as Jack jumped off the dumpster with great rush.

"Um, Jack? A little help?"

Mariavel could NOT jump down! She'd probobaly break her legs! It didn't seem as though Jack had heard her though, until He turned around and held out his arms saying,

"You want some help getting down?"

Mariavel smiled and said, "Yea, thanks."

She slowly lowered herself down the dumpster and blushed when he grabbed her waist and set her down.

"Thank you Jack." she said with a blush.
Minase
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 08:28 PM

The Musical Sportsman

OOC: Okay this is going to be a big one guys. Just to let you know the reason I have been RP’ing quite a lot of with just my own characters, and presenting everyone with what is almost a fan fic about Liz, Jack and Panom is because I really want to set the characters up as broadly as possible so everyone can use what I post in this thread to refer back to in future in order to fully understand the complexities of each character. Also, fortune willing, the situation I am about to set-up will set the relationship for the characters when they go into V2, something I will be unlikely to highlight in their character profiles as they are meant for highlighting the personal attributes of a single party, not of that parties relationship with other parties. So this post is pretty important to the development of my characters relationships with each other prior to V2 getting started...I just hope that when the official pre-game thread begins it won't screw it up!

IC: Jack nodded to Mariavel, in response to her thanking him for helping her down.

'Don't mention it, hun.' He tried to put return to his flirtatious demeanour that he had so far maintained whilst interacting with Mariavel, but this time his heart was just not in it. His lack of interest in her showed in both his voice and his face. Both were lacking the affectionate definition he had till this moment bestowed upon the young girl. Both were lacking that tone of intrigue he had thus far shown in the fair teen. Both were just generally lacking, Jack's whole attitude towards Mariavel had become once of complete apathy. The 'hun' was so flat and forced it only highlighted this, rather than shadowing it as Jack had hoped it would and he could see in the eyes of Mariavel she had felt his loss of interest and it had been with a feeling of pain and dismay.

Poor girl, he thought. Yet the thought did not remain for long, as he remember exactly why it was he had lost interest in the pursuit of knowledge about her in the first place, his discovery of Elizabeth and him.

Where it not for Mariavel he would not even know his name, Panom. As Jack once again about faced and met with the eyes of this boy he could not help but scowl. It began as a mere curling of his upper lip which developed into a full on pout, which seemed to draw down his forehead, causing his eyebrows to furrow until he looked thoroughly unattractive as he viciously glared at the boy. He only did so, however, for a matter of seconds, and injured Mariavel and the empty headed Panom did not appear to notice at all. Elizabeth however noticed it immediately.

She gave Panoms arm a light tug to turn him back to facing her,

"Come on Panom, let’s carry on walking, yeah?"

Her eyes were both demanding and pleading at once, like ashe were commanding a stubborn puppy to return to her after it had spotted another young dog only a little way off.

Panom, obedient as he had in youth been trained to be, turned to his new mistress and nodded subserviently. Exactly what Panom had seen in Elizabeth when they had collided in the hallway was not clear to anyone, least of all the air-headed young Thai boy himself, yet whatever it was it was something special for it was clear that now he would follow her to the ends of the earth it she requested it off him.

Jack, however, would never be so easily dominated. He sense Elizabeth’s uncomfortability and drew strength from it. He eye-balled Panom once more, getting a good measure of him, and decided, based upon his being distinctly challenged vertically and horizontally (he was short and thin), that he would not be particularly aggressive should Jack decide to March up and whisk Elizabeth away from him.

Thinking, as best he could, Jack said to Mariavel:

"I have to speak to Elizabeth about some work that I missed out on last period, you know, whilst we were talking, she's in my English class, yeah?" He nodded to her without waiting for a response and jogged up to Elizabeth and Panom, who had walked a few feet further away in the few moments Jack had used to offer his explanation to Mariavel.

Elizabeth closed her eyes in mild forlorn as she heard Jack walking up behind her. In truth, she wanted to speak to him as much as he did to her, but she wouldn't openly admit it like Jack, and she also wouldn't abandon Panom to do so. She truly liked him, she saw in him the innocence she had once seen in Jack, when they had first met. Since then she had seen a darker side to Jack which added complexities to their relationship which she despised but she couldn't help but retain feelings for him despite this black aspect.

What Elizabeth did not want was Jack corrupting Panom. She knew in her head the two had to remain apart. She knew that if she had possibly found a person who could her leave her past mistakes behind, the last thing she needed was for that person to meet the one person who most embodied those past mistakes.

It was hopeless. Jack had already reached Elizabeth and Panom and had walked up right between them, separating them from once another. Panom looked at him confusedly, Elizabeth looked at him pleadingly:

“Jack, please leave us alone, we are talking, yeah?”

Jack smiled indignantly:

“Well I want to talk to you now, so you this guy can just leave us alone for a bit, until we heave finished.” Jack turned to Panom, who wore a face of confusion and surprise, as though he was sure what Jack had said went against the etiquette he had been told to follow whilst in the US, but doubted his own cultural knowledge too much to address his theory. “Are you gonna go away for a bit then mate?” Jack was not really asking a question at all, but was giving an order, and this Panom did understand.

“No.” He very bluntly stated, and matched Jack face of indignation with his own, far sterner.

Elizabeth remained forlorn as she saw the two facing off. The animosity between them had suddenly escalated and in a second they had become like two fighters in a ring staring each other down before the first bout.

“Kid,” Jack Chuckled “Leave us alone, now.” It was not like Jack to behave in this fashion, almost anyone that knew him, besides Liz, would be shocked no end by his attitude, but she had seen this many times. His violent side, his jealous side, his possessive side, the side he reserved for her, the side she left him because of. The side a person had almost suffered irrevocable injury because of. The side she soon feared the minute Panom would also suffer because of.

“No.” Came the response again.

Jack looked positively livid. His true self had left him, all control had left him. The innocent, goody-goody was gone, suddenly here was the Jack Elizabeth had always feared seeing again, in full dominance over his actions.

“Kid, get lost!” Jack thrust his arms forward to push Panom away.

Time stopped. For a half a second, everything froze. Whilst the two girls looked on in horror Jack tried to assert himself over Panom in the only way he knew when he fell to this depraved state of being, with violence. For half a second, he was striking out at Panom and everyone held their breath. Then timed started again, at triple pace. This time, no one seemed to see what was happening until it was over. Panom gripped both Jacks wrists and turned then pulled them violently, causing Jack to stumble forward, and as he did so Panom released his grip and swung his left elbow into Jacks unguarded face.

When time finally regained it natural pace, Jack was on the floor, bleeding from his left eye and nostril. Panom was standing above him, smiling. Elizabeth was frozen in horror. Mariavel remained where Jack had left her, watching on.

As Panom raised his eyes to Elizabeth he saw her expression and his smile left him, he opened his mouth to explain but couldn’t find the words in any language. Jack attempted to stand but collapsed again, thoroughly dazed. Shaking her head, Elizabeth ran away before anyone could say anymore. The evidently heart broken Panom turned and stormed away in the opposite direction, tears in his eyes. Jack remained on the floor, cursing himself, for he had lost Elizabeth again.
mitsuko2
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 08:46 PM

Amanda loves you!

Mariavel was heatbroken.

Jack had left her to talk to the girl Elizabeth.

Jack was talking to Panom.

Then something happened and he pushed Panom. Then without warning Panom attacked Jack. Mariavel was Frozen. She was Crying. She was angry. She was sad.

After the other two left she ran over to Jack's side.

"Jack! Jack! Are you alright?! You need to see the nurse!" She yelled as she helped him up, supporting him.

He was hurt, and she didn't like that. Panom was in for it, as Mariavel's dark side came into veiw...
Minase
Posted: Jun 4 2006, 06:56 PM

The Musical Sportsman

OOC:I'm going to stop RP'ing here now the official threads are going.

IC:Jack looked furious and marched off clutching his bleeding face. (Into lands unknown...)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0698 seconds · Archive