Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

An International Phenomenon, Another RP From the SOTF Universe!
Megami
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 04:06 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

(OOC: Sorry all. Been one hell of a week at work cause of Spring Break, and now we're having hellacious weather on top of it. This's probably gonna suck cause I'm just... not feelin' it today, but I figured I should at least get somethin' up so I'm not holding you guys up any longer. On another note, I actually hadn't planned on using any of the current characters I'm RPing in v2... maybe later on, but not immediately.)

At the sudden outburst directed toward Preston, he immediately resumed his seat at the cafeteria table. Preston wasn't a very physically imposing prescence to begin with, standing at about 5'9" and weighing all of about 120 pounds. His lanky appearance didn't exactly scream out "fighter" and indeed, Preston certainly wasn't one. He simply sat down at the table, looking down at the wooden object with an almost blank expression on his face.

While Preston might not have been one to stand up for himself, Keirsten Tyling always had something to say, and now was certainly no exception. Sure, she and Preston had been arguing only moments before, but it had been a semi-playful argument. This guy, he was just pushing it. Keirsten had always had a bad tendency to shoot off before she thought about it, and almost before she realized what she was doing, she had popped off some smart-mouthed remark to the duo currently picking on Preston.

"Don't worry about it, Pres. Some idiots," she emphasized the last part, casting a glare toward the two, "have to pick on other people to make themselves look big. They're usually trying to make up for another department they're lacking in."

Casting them another annoyed glare, Keirsten finally took notice of the crowd that had been gathering around, including all the newcomers that had just appeared. Simply blowing off the event, Keirsten assumed it wouldn't escalate much further. This was, after all, a school cafeteria. Not really an opportune place to pick a fight, or so she would imagine. Meanwhile, Kyle York had actually become disinterested in his plate of food. Now, his gaze was transfixed on the scene unfolding in front of him, and he watched with a keen interest, wondering where the rather tense situation would go.
Minase
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 03:29 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Jack took a good look around, analysing the situation in an attempt to ascertain the best course of action to take in order to quell the tension amassing within the lunchroom. The whole school had been on the brink of civil war ever since the broadcasts of SOTF had arrived on the TV. Blood had been boiling and emotions had been running high. Jack of course was affected like everyone else, but his naturally mellow nature allowed him to keep a pretty cool head whilst everyone else delved into practical madness. The 'hard' kids knew not to challenge him, the 'cool' kids knew to screw with him, Jack generally got life pretty easy, and he was'nt self centred enough not to try and simplify the lives of other people in order to equate the balance. Karma was of high importance to him. Right now he felt he had to prevent the arguing escalating into fighting, or at least try, or in future if there were to be a similar situation involving him about to get smashed up, no one would help him. So firm was his faith in the majesties of karma that he really believed this was true.

Unfortunately, for all his positivity, Jack was not a logical thinker. He saw only one way to sort this whole mess out, he lifted his half-eaten lunch (prawn mayo sandwhich) and hurled it into the crowd of gathered students.
Croco
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 08:49 PM

Meep! They're after me!

Member No.: 108

Jack's lunch went hurtling into the crowd, not knowing...or caring what it hit...and it soon found its target when it hit Vesa square in the side of the head. He was sitting with a couple of boys he had quickly befriended...the boy to the left was Brenton Davis, another sophomore whose father was an Army officer that had decided to live the civilian life. To his right was junior David Jennings; like Vesa, he was a hockey player and was about to tell him about the Redwood City Foresters, the local junior team. The past summer, Vesa was captain of Team Finland in the world junior championships in Edmonton, the youngest player ever in his nation's involvement to be named captain. He played center and led all players with nine goals and seventeen points in helping his team to the silver medal, losing to the hosts from Canada in a shootout.

The three boys stood up in unison and looked around for the source of the tray-turned-projectile. "Mitä vittua?!?" (What the fuck?!?) gasped Vesa, wiping the remnants of the sandwich out of his hair, "The hell was that?" Instantly, their gazes turned to Jack, but Vesa quickly got them to sit down before going over to where he was sitting.

"Be careful with him," David said, "you don't know if he's gonna lay a good ass-whooping on ya!" But Vesa wasn't afraid of him...or anyone for that matter. He didn't see a reason to be as he approached Jack and stared down at him, though he didn't lose his smile or show immediate signs of hostility.

"Can you tell me what the big idea was when you threw your lunch across the cafeteria like that?" he said, "I don't want to fight...I just want to know why you did it..."
Minase
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 09:49 PM

The Musical Sportsman

"Becuase Roger and Tony are stupid as fuck and the likely hood of one of them smacking Keirsten for what she just said strikes me as a little too high. Now I don't know what kind of reputation I have around this school but I'm not particularly into seeing girls get there heads beaten in by total mugs, espescially when I'll probably end up being the one who tries to break it up and gets into an even worse situation himself. So I broke the whole thing up in the best way I could think of on the spot, by drawing the attention away from her and onto me. Don't freak out man, you seem pretty safe, sorry you ended up being the one my food hit, but I'm sure you can take it, after all you helped out a girl, she'll apreciate that in the future man."

Jack grinned and gave Vesa a little wink. He was'nt really too worried about the situation he found himself in now, in fact, considering the rashness of his decision, his while plan had worked out pretty okay so far.

His plans always produced very different results, because they were always so spontaneously and rapidly cooked up, you could never tell exactly where they were headed. This had contributed to Jack's muddled reputation. He was thought of as a very headstrong, friendly, tough, mad, clever, charming, random and frustrating young man by most people that knew him. The only thing they all maintained to be definate about Jack was that he was hard to dislike, he just had one of those cheeky smiles that you could'nt help but return.

He was'nt particularly good looking, but at best he was interesting. His ears were tiny, his nose was prominant, his eyes were dark and wide and framed perfectly by his bushy eyebrows. His hair was styled into a perfect mess, his lips were pouty and his smile went from one ear to the other, held in place by no less than two pairs of giant dimples on either side of his mouth. When he smiled he always bore his shiny teeth, and ran his tongue across them. He was not particularly good looking, that was true, but he knew exactly how to make use of what he had been given.

Right now he was'nt much relying on his looks, he did'nt know Vesa well enough to take a stab at whether he was really inclined that way, but nevertheless he employed his cheeky smile and extended a hand to the young scandinavian.

"What do you say man, you and me put this behind us and try to get along a little better in the future huh? I mean I've suffered out of this experience as well you know, I was enjoying that friggin sandwhich!"

What the hell, it was'nt much of a joke, but the kid was foreign, maybe he'd laugh anyway!

OOC:Apologies if any of my future posts don't seem up to scratch, I shot my pc screen today and it now has a big crack in the middle of it, which makes posting a little hard.
Croco
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 01:51 AM

Meep! They're after me!

A coy grin started to form across Vesa's face as he continued to stare down Jack. He wasn't in the mood to fight or start something as he straighten himself back up to a more erect position, the logo of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks the promenant feature on the purple hockey jersey he was wearing.

"Tell you what," said Vesa in a cool, calm tone, "I'll go back over to where I was sitting with my friends and we can forget any of this happened. I'm not in the mood to start any shit right now, and I want to keep it that way." He then took the offered hand and gave it a firm shake, the smile growing on his face. "By the way, my name's Vesa if we should ever meet again....I don't think I've ever met someone new after they threw a lunch tray at me..." Vesa kept his smile and let go of Jack's hand, then turned to walk back to where Brenton and David were sitting, letting him see the number 13 on the back, though his long locks obscured the name. It was the jersey of Teemu Selanne, Vesa's countryman and hero since he could remember liking the sport of hockey, and it was relatively unscathed as well after the tray hit him in the head.

"Oh my God, who is that? Hey Cass, do you know who that is" asked Brittany Clausen to her best friend, Cassie Gaughan. Brittany was relatively short with an athletic build and shoulder-length brunette hair. She had a decent-sized chest, nothing that really stood out like what some of the girls had...just enough to get her noticed without drawing from her sea-blue eyes and sparkling smile. Cassie was a little taller; about a couple inches short of six feet and a figure that would be best described as having a little more padding in the right places. She too had blue eyes and hair that came down to just below her shoulders, only hers was strawberry blonde and done up in a ponytail. Whoever said looks could be deceiving must have seen Cassie as she was a three-sport athlete, playing basketball in the fall, volleyball in the winter and soccer in the spring, and lettered in the first as a reserve forward. Brittany was a cheerleader for most of the year, but was able to find the time to join Cassie on the soccer team, which was one of the best in the state.

"I don't know who you're talking about, Brittany." was the response she got back.

Brittany then stood up and pointed at the young Finn as he was walking back to his table. "Him...the boy with the long blonde hair..."

"Ohhh..." Cassie now knew who she was referring to. "I sit next to him in my history class ...he's that exchange student from Finland...oh, what's his name?" She snapped her fingers a couple times, trying to think of his name...and then she remembered. "Ahh! Vesa Turunen...that's his name...I don't know about you, but I think he's hot." At that comment, Brittany's eyes widened, as if she was about to make the exact same point.

"Tell me about it, if only I hadn't started going out with Tyler, I'd be all over him in an instant!" Brittany looked back over at Vesa as he sat down next to Brenton and David again, then sat down herself and turned back to Cassie. "So I guess it's true about Scandinavian guys...they really are on fire!"

"I can't wait 'til the Jingle Ball," added Cassie, referring to the annual dance held the week before school was to let out for the holidays, "Give me until November and I'll ask him out." The two girls looked up to see Carlina Jarrett, or "CJ" as they called her. Carlina was the resident goth among them, always wearing her black nail polish and lipstick even though her parents and friends, especially Brittany, hated it.

"Hey guys," said Carlina, "who are we drooling over today?"

Cassie giggled at the obviously sarcastic query, then looked up at Carlina as she sat down. "Hi CJ...I think I'm gonna see if that new boy from Finland will ask me out to the Jingle Ball."

"You don't know him well enough yet, Cass," a concerned Carlina told her, "What if he's already going out with another girl? You don't want him to break your heart like Jason did to me...I swear I'm gonna kill him if I get the chance."

"I think someone's jealous..." Brittany sneered in a playful tone as Carlina sat down.

"Go to hell, Britt...I'm happy as it is." She then dropped her backpack on the table and pulled out a couple CD's to hand to Brittany. "I got those Coheed and Cambria bootlegs you wanted...one for you and one for your brother. Tell him to thank me as I know he likes them more than you do." Brittany's brother, Kenny, was a senior and was a member of Breckenridge's pride and joy, playing receiver on offense, safety on defense and was in on almost every special teams play.

The playful jeering turned to smiles and squeals as Brittany took the discs. "Thanks, CJ! I owe ya one, sweetie..."

"Don't mention it...hey, did you guys see last night's episode?" They knew she was referring to the bloodsport that was known as Survival of the Fittest and they could have cared less.

"Why the hell would anyone in their right mind watch that shit?" Cassie responded emphatically, "My dad's too enraptured in the baseball playoffs and my brother had it glued to the Sharks game...ugh." The three girls continued to converse, while Cassie would glance every so often in Vesa's direction, hoping that he'd catch a glimpse of her and make a move...
riserugu
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 04:21 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

((Mahh... Might as well join in the fun.))

“I sometimes worry about the mind-set of several of our classmates.”

Blue eyes glanced upward from the history homework currently needed to be finished before the end of the day, casting a glance toward the figure that had spoken out, sitting across the small lunch table from him. A figure currently engrossed in today’s paper, licking at his index finger as he flipped the paper moving on to another article. “Why do say that Gregg?” He mused a bit, tapping his pencil blankly against the tabletop.

“Hmm?” Gregg hummed out; taking his eyes off the article he was currently reading to glance off at the group that was slowly dispersing away from what action had been happening moments before. Looking thoughtful as he glanced back toward the other, “I don’t know – simply an observation, know either of them?”

He glanced off from Gregg, eyeing the boys that had seemed to be the center of all the attention, faces where familiar but he didn’t know either of their names… and if they where anything like a some of the kids here – probably had the personality of an empty air can. “No – personally don't care to either.”

“Ever the social butterfly, aren’t you? But…” Gregg said lightly, folding his hands along his lap. “I digress Benjamin.”

Gregg White, one of the leading students in terms of academics in the school, always making observations and reading the news. A horrid little habit of his, always wanting to keep up with the current events in the town where they lived, and in the world itself, blonde hair fixed in the most interesting of spiked manners, a style quite clashing against his personality. Hazel colored eyes usually staring off from behind glasses, though as of late he had been fonder of his contacts, clad in a pair black cargo pants, and collared white shirt, the words "Lucky # Seven" written across the back. He wasn’t a part of any of the school teams, but took fencing in his free time and had actually got quite good at it in the few years he had been taking it. But sighing lightly, Gregg lightly glanced over his paper once more, scanning over it. “So – what do you think about this whole Survival of the Fittest hype that’s going on?”

Friend, and only fellow member of their little group it seemed was Benjamin, though preferred to go by Ben, Row. Somewhat taller than his friend, though shared the same lanky frame, brown haired run through with orange and blond highlights was styled in an almost lazy mohawk, strands of hair falling about, and framing around the rest of his face. Eyes a dull, dark shade of blue, as he pursed his lips thoughtfully, raising a brow at his friend. His Sex Pistols shirt proudly being worn, while he wore a simple pair of blue jeans, Ben on the other hand was only a part of the Baseball team in the spring. Fall was completely dedicated to Band where he played saxophone, though outside was mainly focused on guitar and other such instruments. Leaning back in his chair he kicked his feet up against the table, a look crossing his face as he went over the question in his head. “Personally – At first… I thought it was all fake, you know like all reality shows.” Ben answered lightly, glancing off toward one of the guards standing along side the doorway into the lunchroom. “I started to doubt that when those guys started showing up and the news started making a big fuss about it. What about you?”

“Me?” Gregg mused blinking a bit, smiling lightly as he glanced upward. “Well… I can’t say, not really much to it is there. Horrible little thing that happened, but there isn’t much we can do it seems. It’s almost been ten days since those kids where kidnapped, and almost – if not a hundred of them have died, yet it seems the governments that represents all them have yet to act, I understand the fact that the terrorists could easily kill what is left of them. But still…” He said, fading off a bit, Ben casting another questioning look. “I suppose, like I said before, not much to it, is there?”

“No…” Ben began placing his chair fully against the ground once more, picking up his pencil and looking over the paper before him. “…I suppose there isn’t.” He muttered, tilting his head thoughtfully before sighing. “Who the hell was that German monk guy… one that posted the twelve things to church doors and such?” Benjamin questioned, looking up toward Gregg who had already returned to his paper, not even looking up as he flipped another page.

“Martin Luther.”

“Mm, that sounds right enough.” Ben said, writing down the answer given to him on the paper. Gregg musing a small laugh, as he shook his head,

“It should be more or less, if not – well, it’s not like you have a good grade in that class anyway, right?”

“Hush you.”

“I hear ‘ya.”
Megami
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 05:30 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

The sandwich that had been all but hurled across the lunch room had startled virtually the entire lunch table when it came into contact with Vesa Turunen, and Alex's little clique had all but started in a dumbfounded silence at the events that had next unfolded. However, now cowering underneath the table he was sat at, Finis Ward, an almost painfully awkward student whose messy bright red hair was fashioned in a style that resembled someone sticking their finger in an electrical outlet, was plotting. Finis, a paranoid and jumpy character by nature, not to mention a social flop, had watched in great anticipation as the sandwich flew through the air and clocked poor Vesa square in the head.

The sniveling weasel took that as his cue to jump in on the escapades that were going down in the cafeteria. Smirking to himself, Finis picked up his own lunch tray and slung the contents with all his might. Despite that, and due to Finis's clear lack of strength, the food sailed all of about ten feet across the cafeteria. However, he was close enough that the mess of roast beef, peas, and mashed potatoes sailed through the air and promptly rained down on fellow student Kyle York, who had grown quite silent due to the disturbance at their own table. Kyle's chocolatey brown eyes widened drastically as he was rained down on by the oncoming onslaught of food, and he promptly rose to his feet, glaring around at the students near him.

"Who the hell threw that?" he roared, glaring around at the students sitting at a nearby table.

Meanwhile, Finis had ducked underneath the nearest table, and was all but snickering at Kyle's outburst. While Jack had been trying to deter a heated situation, Finis had a completely different goal in mind. He was simply trying to reek havoc. Peering out at Kyle from behind his thick coke-bottle glasses, he cackled somewhat underneath the table, the mischievious smile still playing on his lips.

Ashley Glosenger, who had all but fallen silent throughout the tense ordeal that had just unfolded, burst into a fit of laughter at the sight of Kyle York's entire back covered in the contents of today's lunch menu. Any other time, he'd want seconds. She continued to laugh at the completely campy remark she'd made inwardly. Kyle, however, was not amused. Grabbing Preston's lunch tray, he hurdled it at the table Finis was located without hesitation, simply aiming to take out someone from the table. Finis's eyes widened as the contents of the food splattered on the table, and all over the students currently occupying it. Quickly hopping to his feet, Finis made a mad dash out from under the table and virtually scurried on all fours for the door. Too little, too late, however.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

The words rang out from some unknown location, and in that instant, food began flying through the air in the cafeteria, landing everywhere like a shower of meat and vegetables. Keirsten shreiked and ducked down, half pulling Alex with her as the contents of someone's tray came hurdling toward them. Meanwhile, Kyle was in the midst of it, all six foot one, two hundred and seventy five pounds of him. Kyle wasn't a little boy, and it wasn't all muscle, either. He made a pretty good target. Then again, so did many of the others who were currently on their feet. Attention was quickly taken off of Kyle, however, as Preston Grey jumped up on top of the table and started kicking the cafeteria issued rolls across the room at the other students, laughing as he did so. Preston was obviously amused by the entire situation.

The guards that had been posted in Breckenridge High School's cafeteria had been stationed in their current positions to ensure the safety of the students. However, all of their military training and tactics could have never prepared them for what had just unfolded in the cafeteria. This was no terrorist attack, no. This was a full-fledged, unadulterated food fight. Many of the guards stood in almost dumb-founded disbelief at the outrageous scene that was unfolding in front of them. Still others ducked for cover as the food came flying their way as well.

(OOC: I couldn't resist... haha.)
Croco
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 09:15 AM

Meep! They're after me!

"HUORANPENIKKA!" (Son of a bitch!) growled Vesa as soon as the food started to fly through the cafeteria, quickly finding refuge under the table with Brenton and David, "Ken alku nyt kuluva paska on astuva jotta maksu!" (Whoever started this shit is gonna pay!) Though his command of English rivaled that of someone born into an English-speaking nation, Vesa felt the most comfortable speaking in his native Finnish when things got out of hand. It was a little confusing to many, but he made sure to tell his friends beforehand.

Still, he drew a pair of confused looks. "What the hell did you just say, Vesa?" asked Brenton as he pondered joining the fracas.

"If I find whoever started this," an angered Vesa whispered, though he tried not to show it, "I'll kick their ass, no questions asked." He then made a motion to the sweater he was wearing. "This is an authentic jersey...250 dollars over the Net without shipping. I could give this jersey to Teemu when the Ducks come up to play the Sharks in a couple weeks and..."

"Dude, calm down!" David said, "We'll getcha outta here, then we'll help find the little bastard that started this. I know what Jack did was an accident; he didn't mean to hit you with that sandwich. He was just trying to get those two goons the fuck away from Keirsten." There were only a few kids bigger than Vesa...and at 6-4 and 230 pounds, David Jennings was one of them. Though he didn't play for the school in anything, he was a defenseman for the Foresters, and as their best player, also the team captain. And he remembered Vesa well...in the semifinals of the junior championships, David and the rest of Team USA played against Vesa's Finnish squad. And though the Finns won 5-3 with Vesa sealing the win with an empty-net goal, they had both won the respect of each other as David was on the ice for many of Vesa's shifts. He played him hard and rough, taking his body and keeping him off the scoreboard until the very end. And when he found out that Vesa had come to Redwood City, David was overjoyed and the two became friends immediately.

He was looking around for an opening...and then he got it as he shuffled around to the other side. "Brenton! Vesa! See that table over there..." He pointed to the table where Brittany, Cassie and Carlna were sitting. "Everything's happening on this side of the cafeteria, so if we can make a run for it, we might get there without getting hit. But we'll have to haul ass...ready?"

Brenton nodded. "Ready!"

"I'm ready," replied Vesa.

"Good...on the count of three..." David looked for a break in the food flinging...and got one just as a handful of mashed potatoes hit one of the guards square in the face. "1...2...3!" The three boys took off, using their backpacks as makeshift shields while making a mad dash for the far table. They made it...but not without a casualty as Brenton got hit in the leg with a piece of beef.

"Damn it..." gasped Brenton, "I almost made it..." The three sat down as he smiled at the girls. "Hello ladies..." He then eyed Brittany's lunch and asked if he could have it, then took the tray and got up.

"The hell?!?" Brittany shrieked, though she had already announced she was finished.

"I don't know what that crazy boy's doing," said Vesa in his heavy accent as their eyes turned to Brenton, who had the tray in his left hand, which was his throwing hand.

"HEY!" he shouted, "EAT SOME OF THIS, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!" Then he heaved the tray into the fray while getting bombarded with peas as if being fired upon with buckshot. Some of the peas got into his mouth, to which he spat out immediately while looking for more ammunition. "Blech...it's no wonder the corn's better..." he muttered. Though he shouted the obscenity as loud as he could, Brenton relished being in the line of fire...even if his only weapons were chunks of meat and mashed potatoes.
Minase
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 07:56 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Panom shook his head, fucking Americans. He had been looking forward to a fight, but not of this kind. Back home he had to fight for food, fighting with it struck him as the dumbest thing ever. The soldiers stationed in the school did'nt seem to have a clue what to do and most of the students had got so wrapped up with the whole retarded thing that it was likely to rage for hours.

No one had hit Panom yet, which was good for them. All the other students in this school seemed to either be great huge super hero-like sports wiz's, or complete losers. There was almost no middle ground in this school, no normal people, and Panom, he was unfortunately inclined to admit to himself, was no exception to this rule. Okay, he played no sport, he was average height for a fifteen year old thai, which was'nt much, and he did'nt have a lot of friends to back him up. There was however no need to dispute the fact Panom knew only to well, he could take out pretty much anyone in this room with one hit. As he knew this, he also knew he did'nt have to worry about getting involved either. There was nothing for him to prove and seeing as he had'nt yet been hit, or even sat down for that matter, there was no need for him to hang around. Panom wanted a fight, but did'nt want to start one over something as trivial as being hit with food, again something he would have been grateful over back home. Essentially, he decided the best thing for him to do would be to leave now.

He was not the only one thinking this either. Jack smiled as the scene around him unfolded. Another one of his spontaneous ideas had tragically backfired, but at the same time resulted better than he could have hoped. Rather than tension easing, it had exploded into all out war. Yet despite this the excitement, the fun, the rebellion Jack had unleashed appealed to him so much that he could'nt help but be proud of the whole thing and his importance in causing it.

The again, he thought as he narrowly ducked a cast-iron soup flask, perhaps things were getting a little too out-of-hand for it to be worth hanging around. Jack loved a little action. but he was'nt rich and the Prada jacket he was currently wearing would not look good splattered in 'thousand-island-dressing-peach'.

The two boys simultaneously made for the door, Panom merely strolling, confident in his ability to dodge any oncoming barrage, and Jack sprinting, hidden behind a food tray he had plucked from the air.

They made it to the door at the same time and had to pause to prevent knocking eachother down. Panom looked down at Jack (despite being shorter than him by a few inches, Jack was huddled down to avoid being hit by any stray mash-potato) and thought how often this sort of thing happened. Consantly it seemed, Jack did stupid things that he had not thought through in any way, and the results of these things were almost always...well pretty similar to this. Panom shook his head, and rushed out of the door first. Jack chuckled in his little way, he knew what Panom had been thinking, and he was right.

'Soddit', laughed Jack and tossed down his tray, 'I started this did'nt I!?'

With that, he lifted a slab of pizza from the floor and, baring his shiny teeth into that trademark grin, launched it.
Slayer
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 09:53 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

"Shit!" before Roger had responded to his challenge, some smartass had thrown a sandwich at him and Tony, causing a massive food fight to erupt. Ducking under a table after an orange barely missed his head, Thomas looked around from his low (and uncomfortable due to his height and bulk) vantage point for a place to exit from the chaos. Food was flying around everywhere, and the cafeteria resembled a rioting ground, a few real fights actually breaking out between food-covered students. Eventually, some of the guards moved from their post to try and break up a fight getting too close to them for comfort and Thomas made his move. Ducking out from the table, he grabbed a tray and threw it into a nearby group of students to dissuade them from targeting him and then made a beeline for the door vacated by the guards, slamming into it with his shoulder and pushing it all the way back to the school wall due to the force of the blow before moving outside.

Now I just wait for the shit to stop stirring. he thought, leaning against a wall and waiting for the food fight to end.
Minase
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 04:25 PM

The Musical Sportsman

In an ecstasy of food-drenched rapture, Jack swung his fists round in a wide arc, knocking several more trays flying and causing another student to stumble back and land into a pile of food dressing.

'This is pure condiment carnage!' He called out to a nearby friend, who made the mistake of looking over to nod in agreement and took a particularly nasty blow to the chin with a half-full milk cartoon, which promtly burst on contact, splurting the semi-congealed full-fat mess all over his upper half. Jack let off an entirely nasal gust of laughter at his friends misfortune. Fucking hell this was fun.

'Better than snow day man!' He noted to the same friend, who spat a large globule of milk at his face as a response. Jack was too wrapped up in the moment to care however. He had gone from trying to ease the tension, to trying to escape the chaos, now he was totally engrossed in the whole situation. He hummed a little power ballad whilst he swung his fists in a windmill style, the food fight now resembled a mosh pit. Like snowball fights and water fights always do, the food fight had lost the former element to it's name and divulged solely into the latter, a fight. This is whats good about being a teenager, thought Jack in his head, fighting for fun with no consequen...!

His thoughts were cut short. The guards had moved in at last, and the particuarly active Jack had obviously caught their eyes, because now they had closed in on him and, with a man to a limb, they carted him away.

'Bloody kid is always causing havoc, well this is it. They'll put him down as a political activist and fix his wagon once and for all, little prick.' The gaurds laughed amongst themselves whilst they watched Jack being carted off, the gaurd who had made the comment giving Jack a little wink as he looked over in confusion at the snickering soldiers.
Queen Asshat
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 10:45 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

{OoC- I figured that I would give Rping my druggie/villain a shot before I Rped him in v2, so without further ado I give you my first ever post with Jonathan Michaels)

The hectic aura that the food fight had created didn’t affect the local celebrity Jonathan Michaels in the least, he almost seemed enthralled in the actions of his fellow students, the food was thrown back and forth in an erratic manner that made following the action almost impossible, the indifferent emerald eyes focused upon the scene at hand, the nature of the students seemed almost obscene to him, however he was more focused on the thing that he was fingering in his pockets, said object was a lighter along with the lighter was a object that was no bigger than about two inches, it was wrapped elegantly in a paper like substance.

How that one thing in his pocket mocked him, how it caused so much conflict to build in the lean muscular frame of Jonathan Michaels. He recalled days that where spent partying, he recalled his time spent with other celebrities, he recalled the days where he’d simply sit naked on a couch as some groupie fixed him coffee, more than anything else however he recalled the exhilaration he’d felt in the ring, he recalled the faint crackling sound as his fist made contact with the skull of the champion of the feather weight division, a smile broke onto his face as the man hit the mat, three rounds of fighting and he was crowned Featherweight champion of the world, the title seemed to mean so little now.

He laughed to himself as he referred to his current station as a normal highschooler, how could his parents expect him to go from the biggest teen idol in America to a simple student? Another good question was how the school had accommodated him due to SOTF, they had made sure his body guards where not allowed to enter and instead replaced them with guards holding various Assault Rifles.

On SOTF he couldn’t say he had much of an opinion on it, he of course was rooting for Adam Dodd, not for any outlandish reason like everyone supported Adam for (Most kids rooted for Adam because he was a hero of some sort), but more so because Adam just had the best odds. He had survived the longest, as far as boxing goes if you’ve been boxing for a longer time you already have an advantage since you’re aware of others fighting style, two Adam had a very good repertoire of weaponry…then again he was getting dangerously close to Cody Jenson (who was under the guise of a student named Andrew) and if Adam kept it up he would find himself with an axe in the back of his head.

Crosby caused an enigma of feelings to go through Jonathan’s head, Crosby and himself had met on numerous occasions (Crosby was the youngest rising star in sports and Jonathan was the youngest star in sports…it worked quite nicely for them to meet as much as possible) and he couldn’t help but wonder that if Crosby had been chosen, he might be as well, that feeling of uncertainty caused Jonathan to spend many sleepless nights just staring at the window overcome by fear, it was then that Jonathan would resist reaching into his pocket and just smoking that marijuana cigarette the most.

As the food fight unfolded Jonathan dodged a wad of mash potatoes heading his way, he saw a flash.

Great, now a picture of me dodging a wad of mash potatoes will be on every magazine in the country…
Croco
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 04:04 AM

Meep! They're after me!

((OOC: I'm assuming the guards are fair game for everyone, but if not, disregard the second part of my post...))

As the chaos continued, Brittany, Cassie and Carlina made introductions to David and Vesa. Cassie blushed quite hard when she took the hand the Finnish boy gave her, seeing as how she was talking about asking him out to the annual Christmas dance just minutes earlier. She was about to ask him to go to the football game against Phoebus with her when all of a sudden, a tray hit Cassie right in the center of her chest. And while Brittany shrieked loudly at the sudden shower of meat, milk and vegetables, Cassie stood up and inadvertantly shoved her chair across the cafeteria and stormed over to where Jack and the other kid were. Though she wasn't one to react violently toward anyone, she, like most everyone else engaged in the lunchroom war, waited until she got hit with a food item or beverage before entering the fray.

Cassie managed to find a tray with an assortment of items that had landed on it, then looked around for someone to launch it at. Her face lit up when she saw Jack and his friend launching milk cartons at each other. With surprising accuracy, she whipped the tray at them, hoping that it would score a direct hit onto her target.

"Ah-hah! Take that you little punk!" she said loudly before being forced to make a hasty retreat when she saw the guards coming...

As the guards were taking Jack away, they were startled when they heard a voice coming from the doorway to the cafeteria.

"Hey! Let him go...he didn't start it!" Jack's eyes widened when he heard the voice...a voice with a pronounced accent. It was Vesa.

"Beat it, kid," the guard holding Jack's left arm said, "We're taking this little punk down to Whittaker's office and we'll be glad to come back for you."

This set off something in Vesa as he was not about to back down. "Listen...I saw what happened, and even though I got hit with a half-eaten sandwich, he did nothing wrong. He was just trying to keep this girl from getting her face beaten in by these two punks...I saw it all."

"I said beat it!" The guard waved his gun in front of him in an attempt to intimidate Vesa, but he could see that the safety was still on; when he was younger, his family would often go on vacation in the mountains of northern Finland. There, his father taught Vesa and his two brothers how to shoot rifles and often had their own biathlons in the backwoods. But more importantly, he taught them to be safe around firearms and always have the safety on when not in use...which the guard was clearly displaying.

"This kid didn't start the fight," Vesa growled, "he kept one from happening!" His words were coming out of his mouth a little quicker as he continued. "If he didn't throw that tray, then something bad would've happened...and...minä tehdä ei ajatella te huolia että jotta sattua. Ei model after sinun katsella." (I don't think you would want that to happen. Not on your watch.) The guards turned and looked at each other as Vesa swapped languages right before their very eyes, then turned back to see him ready to unleash another tirade. "Nyt kuluva kakara on vitun syytön, ja tokko minä tonkka hankkia aito paskapää että alku elintarvikkeet kahakoida, minä tahtoa lyödänsa perse jotta malto edeltä minä antaa hänelle aikana." (This kid is fucking innocent, and if I can find the real shithead that started the food fight, I will beat his ass to a pulp before handing him over.) Vesa smacked a clenched fist into his open hand before finishing. "So maybe you should find the little punk that escalated it and let him go!" This drew the ire of the second guard and a passing teacher, which happened to be his history teacher, a slim, younger woman named Roberta Sanchez.

"Mr. Turunen!" she snapped, "Let these men do their job! I'm sure Mr. Whittaker will resolve this in an appropriate manner." Mr. Robert Whittaker was the vice principal and like most high school vice principals, dealt with discipline. And even though he seemed a little harsh and intimidating to some, he was still a very popular figure among the students at Breckenridge.

Vesa took a moment to catch his breath before acknowledging that he was outgunned, literally and figuratively. "Yes, Mrs. Sanchez...though I have to wonder if things have calmed down enough."

"Fair enough...now go back in the cafeteria, Vesa." Vesa nodded and swished the hair out of his eyes before turning back. The guards proceeded to resume taking Jack away, but the one that started it had a few parting words.

"I'll remember this, Turunen...so you better not cross me." he sneered. Like a blur of purple, black and gold, Vesa spun back around and stared him in the eye.

"Imaista minun kyrpä, mutsinnussija!" (Suck my cock, motherfucker!) Both the guard and Mrs. Sanchez were in shock and before either of them could make another move, Vesa was back in the cafeteria amongst the mob of unruly students.

Vesa returned to the table where David and the three girls were, and immediately they could tell that something wasn't right. Brenton was in the middle of the battle zone, flinging whatever he could at whoever was in his line of sight as the Finn sat back down.

"What's the matter, Vesa?" asked David.

"That fuckin' guard..." he growled, "I thought they were here for protection, not to start shit wtih us! But I have to find the kid that let this get out of hand..."

Cassie was the first to mention something as she wiped the mashed potatoes out of her eyes. "I think I know the kid who really started it," she announced, "Some dorky kid that I see on the bus...oh, what's his name?"

"Forgot another one, huh?" chimed Carlina, "I swear you'd forget your own name sometimes." She got a cold stare in return for her witty comment.

"Shut up, CJ! I know who it is...it's that little weasel boy in Mr. Craven's 3rd hour art class..."

"You mean Finis Ward, Cass?" Brittany said. Finally, the light bulb went off.

"Yeah, that's it! The red-headed Irish kid that lives at the end of my street...I know his parents. That and I've started calling him Scrat cause of his hair; that and he can be a real spazz sometimes."

This was the break Vesa needed to bust this wide open. "So if I find this...Finis Ward...will he talk?"

"I don't know...Vesa," said Cassie in an alluring tone that drew stares from the other two girls. Vesa didn't say anything as his cheeks began to get a little more red in them. He saw Cassie every day in his history class and never really thought much of her...and now she was putting the moves to him as he tried to focus on getting his hands on Finis. But the distraction was getting to him as well as he sat back in the chair and tried to think...and then he saw him...Jonathon Michaels...the young boxer. He knew that he had hung out with SOTF contestant Sidney Crosby...the same Crosby that was selected first overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins the past summer while Vesa was turning the heads of NHL scouts at the junior world championships. "What the hell..." he thought as he waved him over.

"Hey!" he called out, "I know you...Jonathon Michaels, the boxer...care to have a seat with us?"

((OOC: Mr. Whittaker, the vice principal, is open for everyone to use if they wish to. And Rainbow, if you do decide to engage Vesa in a conversation, try mentioning the scouts to him...he doesn't have a clue!))
Minase
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 02:21 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Jack had been through this before and was'nt the least bit afraid of what was going to happen to him. He knew that the official records of the system had already marked him out as a potential renegade, a breacher of the peace and even perhaps on some level, though he had never really taken interest in any organised resistance, a political activist. He had been threatened with being sent to a borstal school, sent to a re-habilitation centre and had even spent a real spell of time in a youth-detainment facility. He was'nt really an anarchist, and had no interest in smashing the state, he just never thought about the consequences of his actions. Despite all he had been through however, he never had to fear any serious consequences befalling him on account of his reckless behaviour.

Whilst another boy with the same record as him might have long ago found himself in permanent 'rehabiliton', Jack had never done more than a few weeks community service for any of his crimes.

When all the other kids who destroyed property, caused riots and disrespected official personell were finding themselves being locked up in 'schools' for criminally insane youths, Jack was out scott-free and doing as he pleased.

Was this because deep-down, everyone knew Jack was good at heart and no harm to the system really? Or was it because he benefitted to society in other ways, possibly through high sporting or academic achievement? No, it was none of that. It was due to the same corruption that throughout history has always allowed truly 'bad-eggs' to get away with things no one else would, the cirucmstances of his birth. Put more specifically, the circumstances of his heritage. Put more bluntly, the cirumstances of his parenthood. Put even more blatantly, the cirumstances of his mothers role in society. Put...oh fuckit, his mother was a government official and no matter what Jack did she always got him out of any major trouble in the end. At the end of the day, Jack was just a bit of an idiot sometimes but he never learnt how not to be becuase he always got away with the things he did.

Right now, whilst he was being carted of to the heads office, he knew he would take a verbal beating, maybe a light physical one and perhaps he would find this weekend being taken up mostly by cleaning old, used fag-butts on the freeway, but on monday he would be back in school just like every other student who had'nt 'caused' a riot.

As Jack and his four-man-escort reached the heads office, he was dropped at the door and three of the gaurds headed back in the way of the canteen, the fourth remaining behind to see him in.

'You know boy theres no point in denying you caused that, even if its true that you did'nt, your reputation is going to see you kicked out of this place.'

'Whatever' Jack's top lip curled into a scowl, as though the guard had just let of a particularly pungent whiff of gas 'I'll be back in school with everyone else just you wait and see, and as for denying causing that thing back there, why the hell would I bother? I don't wanna see some whelp take credit for my doing, I'm sodding well proud of the debacle!'

Not to far away, Panom watched intently as the two guys squared of to one another outside the heads office. Typical Jack, thought Panom. He did'nt know the guy well, but he had seen this happen so many times before. He did'nt understand why Jack kept getting away with these things, or why he had'nt yet learned to keep his head down.

Since Panom had been in the school, he had seen Jack do countless times things that any other student would have been incarcerated for. One time a class of kids had organised a sit in in one of the art rooms. They had locked themselves up and sung protest songs and gone all out anarchist. Soldiers had been called in with tear gas to end the situation, a lot of peopel thought this would be Americas Tiananmen. Then Jack, as if it were the only sensible thing to do, had started a fire in one of the chemistry labs they had set of the sprinkler system and the alarms and put the whole school on alert. The soldiers had been sent to clear up the fire and meanwhile all the protesters escaped back into the school. No one could actually verify what students had protested and they all got away with it. Jack disapeared temporarily but within a month way back in school same as ever. Any one else would have got prison for setting a classroom on fire and yet he got away with it.

Another time, a student and a teacher had been arguing and in a fit of rage the student went to smack the teacher with a stool. Thinking quickly but not altogther wisely Jack had removed a 100% full, glass water bottle from his bag and heaved it in the direction of the teachers head. It had, fortunately for him, missed and smashed on the wall behind, but rather than getting irate and kicking Jack half-way down the hall-way, the teacher had simply pursed his lips, asked both Jack and the other student to take their seats and then he got on with the lesson.

It was insane, the stuff Jack got away with. Every time it looked like another student was going to put their foot in it, Jack leapt right in and stuck his face in it. Yet , almost as though he had dimplomatic immunity, Jack never got in any serious trouble whatsoever.

It enraged Panom that he could'nt figure out why Jack could do these things he did, but he decided he would'nt work it out by spying on him verbally abusing a guardsman, and so, relucantly, he headed back down the hall towards the lunchroom, glancing back a few times to catch a glimpse at the red-faced Jack, a look of true confusion on his face.
Queen Asshat
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 06:34 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

"I know you...Jonathon Michaels, the boxer...care to have a seat with us?"

Jonathan sighed as the voice rung in his head, how he had tried to avoid confrontation with any student, his eyes narrowed however at the boy who was calling his name, a smile came on his lips at a boy whom he knew only by reputation alone. He was considered a rising star in the rising star business (Jonathan chuckled at his own joke), the hockey player was leagues behind Cody Jenson and Sydney Crosby however he’d been gaining a lot of fame from scouts as of late, Jonathan could only assume that this was because of the disappearance of Sid and Cody.

Jonathan almost felt inclined to take up the kids offer to sit with him, but what might seem innocent to them could turn out into a bunch of panties flying at him (third period had been very tedious due to this), he stared at the table and put on a fake smile.

“Well, I suppose I couldn’t turn down a seat from the famous Vesa.” yes the media face, the face he was renowned for, “I’m not one for hockey, but rumor has it that you’re the next Crosby…I suspect we’ll be having a press conference together any day now.” he said with a gigantic grin on his face, “But let us abandon that media bullshit and talk about the thing on everyone’s mind…SOTF.” Jonathan laughed, “Though I expect you don’t have anything to complain about, with Crosby and Jenson gone…well you’ve been gaining a lot of spotlight, have you not?” Jonathan smiled as he sat down and sipped his coke.

Jonathan’s tone had been polite, but his words where meant to belittle, of course Jonathan himself was being belittled by staying here, he might’ve even be happy if he could trade roles with Crosby, at least then he’d be fighting (something that his parents vehemently made sure that he didn’t do). Jonathan knew that his words where somewhat cruel at best and Sydney’s performance in SOTF betrayed his performance in the ring, he could only quote what his friend online had said (Jonathan was a big fanfic writer…something he wouldn’t tell anyone) and that was “Crosby’s a pussy”.

(Ten awesome points to anyone who can guess which SOTF handler told me that)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3482 seconds · Archive