Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Little known facts about your characters
Kaishi
Posted: Nov 23 2005, 09:12 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Would you mind keeping all of your facts in one post, instead of posting a ton of seperate ones?

Thanks in advance. ^_^
Kuze
Posted: Nov 23 2005, 09:25 PM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

okay...

Heather wasnt origonally supposed to be a Hermapherdite (i dont know how to spell that word) i needed filler and bam that came to mind for some resion.

Shinya was brought over from a failed RP board where he was hated by almost anyone and got a M79 as a weapon yeah we can guess who wouldve won

Kiyoko was just one hellova brainstorm session and origonally her mother taaught her how to use a handgun but then i realized guns are banned for civiian use in Japan so that idea went away with the wind

Eh-Sun- cant think of any right now
LadyMakaze
Posted: Nov 23 2005, 11:50 PM

Savage Intent.

Group: 20
Member No.: 32

Chance Burton's name, mannerisms and looks were based after a student one year below me, named Chance Stewart.

When creating the design of Daphne Rudko, I had two characters in mind: Lain Iwakura from Serial Experiments Lain, and Tokiko Mima from Key the Metal Idol. Rudko comes from the name of a classmate, Jake Rudko.

Madelaine Shirohara is a realistic parallel of my trademark fantasy character, Makaze Shirohara, who has a similar personality and appearance except that Makaze is less graceful and somewhat unladylike. :P

Ash Holmes was partially based on a demon-type character of mine, who went by the alias of Ash, and was known for his violent/erratic tendencies.

Nanami Nishida is not particularly based on anyone in particular, rather the tendencies that I often notice in people who are unhappy with their lives, and blame the people close to them for their unhappiness.

Storyline Trivia:

The Burton family played a great role in helping the Shirohara family immigrate to America, where they hoped to escape the fascist government, as well as the BR act.

Chance met Madelaine while he was on an exchange trip to Japan.

Chance once asked Madelaine out, but was rejected due to the fact that Madelaine didn't have time for boys, and only saw him as a friend. Though the two have remained casual friends, Chance has never gotten over this, though he keeps it to himself.

Originally, Madelaine was supposed to die among friends after sustaining a number of wounds...but then I thought that it was becoming a bit cliche. (No offense to certain characters out there)
Megami
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 12:39 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

Jill Gatling
Jill was originally created for another BR-esque roleplaying forum that did not get very far off the ground. Her biography has been altered considerably from what it was on that forum. The original Jill Gatling wanted to be a police officer and had been trained to use a gun by her father. She was also 18 and a Senior in high school. Besides those facts, Jill had been dubbed "Little Miss Perfect", not because of her appearance but because in many aspects she did indeed seem like the perfect girl.

Jill - Taken from Resident Evil's Jill Valentine. Appearance was also based off of Jill Valentine.

Gatling - Friend's last name.

Lyndi Thibodeaux
Lyndi has already lasted much longer than she was intended to. Before the current storyline was set up, Lyndi was simply meant to be cannon fodder. Lyndi was originally a character from a story I wrote several years ago based around a high school. Her looks have not changed at all from the original Lyndi, but her personality and age have both been revamped. Her personality in SOTF is almost the opposite of what it was in the story. For example, here, Lyndi is portrayed as a goody-two-shoes, "virgin" kind of character. In the story, she was a bit of a whore.

A somewhat surprising fact about Lyndi is that she has never really had a boyfriend. Though it was not directly stated in her profile, the fact was brought out slightly in her experiences with Callum and Fred. She talked to boys in school, and wasn't a social introvert, but she never had a boyfriend.

Lyndi has a bad habit of getting way too close to people way too fast. I may use this to my advantage later on in SOTF.

Lyndi - Name I've always liked.
Thibodeaux - Friend's last name.

Ryan Ashmore
Ryan is directly based off of a guy I like at work named Greg. lol. In terms of looks, anyway, Greg was my inspiration. Personality-wise, Ryan is actually based off of my friend Meghan who graduated Co-Salutatorian of our class. Anyone else think it's odd that a boy's personality was actually based off of a girl?

Ryan - Name of Salutatorian who graduated the year before me.
Ashmore - Random last name.

Luca Donovan
Luca was another character taken from the same story that Lyndi was from. Although she was not quite as cold and callous in the story, I amped her up a bit in her SOTF biography because I had intended on her acting as a villain character.
riserugu
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 01:49 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

Too continue on, now that my medication has worn off. XD

Edward Rommel
Edward - Comes from a boy I sit with in class.
Rommel - WWII General for Germany, known as Erwin Rommel

His middle name is Klaus.

He wasn't supposed to be as happy-go-lucky as he turned out to be, really he was supposed to be more withdrawn and almost paranoid because of his sickness.

My only character of mine that doesn't have any siblings.

The oldest out of my characters with a birthday of January 2nd.

The only character I regret killing at the time I did.

Only character of mine that never used his issued weapon, Pepper Spray.

Hawley's father was one of his doctors, which is the main reason Ed sat with Haws on both the bus and on the plane.

Hawley Faust
Hawley - A boy's name I always liked.
Faust - My last name.

Only character without a middle name.

Ended up growing to have a crush on Madelaine Shirohara, but never fully admitted it to himself or the person in question before his death.

Carried a journal of sorts with him on the island.

Had a thing for photography in life.

Has no blood related siblings, but four older half-brother, and one younger half-brother he doesn't know of named Edgar Judah.

His real mother's name is Lillian Griffen-Judah.

The youngest of my characters, being a ninth grader with the birthday of October 22nd.

Has a habit of pinching the bridge of his nose when thinking.

The full cause of his death (because enough people have asked) is an infection he got through his untreated wounds, namely the burn wound on his arm. This infection began attacking as early when the group left the small house, and mainly focused in on his throat, eating away at his esophagus. Well for those of you that don't know, the esophagus does a number of things, but under it is a number of blood vessels... Well, when Hawley started coughing badly (and throwing up) this caused these blood vessels to erupt and thus caused him to bleed to death/drown on his own blood.

Hughes Twins
Fredrik - Coworker.
Glenn - I was playing Crono Cross at the time.
Hughes - From the brother directors Albert and Allan Hughes.

Glenn's middle is Felix, Fred's is Geoff.

Glenn is younger than Fred by 45 minutes.

Thier birthday is May 29th.

They have three older siblings, two sisters and a brother.

Both are member of the varisty soccer team at Barry Coleson, Fred number on the team is 4 while Glenn's is 5.

Fred's number on the hockey team is 18.

The only person Glenn will ever fully trust in life is Fred, this includes friends and other members of his family.

Glenn's favourite band is Muse.

Blaine Eno
Blaine - Another classmate of mine.
Eno - Eno is the last name of the drummer of Spoon.

Middle name is Lesta.

Only of my characters that didn't have either of his parents, and is the only one with a dead parent.

Though he doesn't have blood sibling, he has two adopted sisters.

His mother was the heir to a massive company in Sweden at the time of her crime, this title has since passed onto Blaine's cousin.

The early lose of his parents is what caused him to become what he became, though this wasn't shown at school or in his new home, it resurfaced when he was placed on the island and the memories once again returned when death was brought forth. He doesn't understand what death is.

Blaine's mindset while on the island was around that of a seven-year olds.

Birthday is March 13th.

Martyn Ferdinand
Martyn - Character from the movie 'The Hole'
Ferdinand - Band, Franz Ferdinand.

Middle name is Albert.

Only character of mine that did not to attend Barry Coleson Highschool.

Though in decent phyiscal shape, he couldn't run more than twenty feet without losing his breath.

Only character of mine that doesn't have a set brithdate, but his seventeenth-birthday will happen on the sixth day of SOTF.

Chews on the ends of his glasses when trying to think of something.

Is scared to death of snakes.
Kuze
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 02:12 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

because it just came up BIRTHDAYS for my 4 characters

Kiyoko Asakawa and Shinya Motomura- Dec 11

Eh-Sun Choi-Nov 19

Heather Pendergast- i forget but its sometime in the summer

Heather is the youngest of My characters

Kiyoko and Shinya were born on the same day/year but HOURS apart

Eh-Sun is my oldest by a good year

Shinya is the only of my Characters who attended Barry Coleson

Heather was used in my thoughts to Sodomize Cody :P

Eh-Sun's mother and father were origonally supposed to be stabbed to death by a prostitute. but yeah too depressing.
LadyMakaze
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 02:24 AM

Savage Intent.

Group: 20
Member No.: 32

The only birthday I have for any of my characters is for Madelaine Shirohara.

February 20th, a Pisces. (Same as myself :P) Madelaine's blood type is A

Name Meanings:

Madelaine Shirohara

The name Shirohara, depending on how it is written, can have several meanings:

shirohara is a name for a species of a small bird.

shiro can mean either 'castle' or 'white'

hara can mean either 'field' or 'heart of living things'

Nanami Nishida

nana means 'seven'. You'll probably remember Nanahara as 'Wild Seven' :P

mi means fruit, or beauty

nishi means west

da means rice field.
Sephy
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 03:46 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

oh oh! *has one for kuze* Eh sun's name is the name of the Sadako-character from the Korean Ring:Virus only with the H and the N swapped around :P

Andou Daisuke
Daisuke's name in every other rp I use him in is Kazuo, but I had to change it for this rp ^^;

Daisuke can mean a number of things, but the way Dai's is spelt it means "tranquility in the east" or just "tranquility"

His original first name, Kazuo, means "pacifist"

Ando is the last name of both Masanobu Ando who played Kiriyama in the BR movie, and Die Ando, the rhythm guitarist of Dir en grey.

Daisuke's looks are based on Die from Dir en grey.

Dai's birthday is the same as mine, 16th July so he's a cancer, and his bloodtype is type O
"Type O's are outgoing, and very social. They are initiators, although they don't always finish what they start. Creative and popular, they love to be the center of attention and appear very self confident."

Dread

Dread's nickname comes from "Mordred" the bastard child of King Arthur and his sister, Mordred destroyed the Knights of the Round Table and killed Arthur, ending the 'Golden Age' of Camalot in English mythology.

His real last name "Lamika" comes from the mythological creatures Larmika or Ramika, who were like Sirens, luring victims to them and sucking out their life force.

Dread and Daisuke both go to the same school that used to be an RP community but sadly died u_u. The school is a special boarding school for those that were too smart, too insane or too plain wierd to go to a normal school, the thought behind it being a pack of psychos together might keep each other distracted enough for the rest of the world to sleep peacefully :P
Toukan
Posted: Nov 24 2005, 05:33 PM

Ito Yuki Fangirl

Member No.: 67

Clare is based heavily off of me, only leaning a little more to the psychotic. When I was a sophomore I was really attacked by a girl and in self defence I did bite her, just not nearly as bad as Clare bit the girl in question. I was only suspended for two and a half days, as opposed to being sent to an alternative school.

Her first name is the name of one of my best friends and is only one letter off of my real name, Clara.

Shephard came from my grandfather's CB handle Sheep Herder (sp?)

Clare has my favorite shoes of all time, neon orange converse all-stars.
Swoosh
Posted: Nov 27 2005, 05:33 PM

Unregistered

Appearances-wise, Elise was based entirely off me. Like I said, she was basically me. And seeing as she died within about two days of being approved, I'm glad I'll never get to go on the island. x___x

Callum was based off Yuri from the Shadow Hearts series, mainly cause I thought he was HAWT. Not remotely Yuri-like in personality though, as anyone who has played the games will know. His name was taken entirely from one of my favourite books, 'Noughts and Crosses' by Malorie Blackman; the two main characters are called Persephone 'Sephy' Hadley and Callum McGregor. Cassie was originally going to be called Persephone, but I thought that would get too confusing with the actual Sephy that posts here XD

Cassie (like I said when I did her application, if any of you could guess... but you didn't XD) is based entirely looks-wise (and name wise) off Cassie Newton, a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a.k.a Swoosh's favourite TV show EVA!!!1), but seeing as I didn't want to steal her entirely, I used the last name 'Webber' of a guy that I know.

Angharad I kinda based off Clemence Posey, a.k.a Fleur Delacour in the Goblet of Fire. Angharad was basically an excuse for me to show off my Welsh practise my Welsh, but I like how she's turned out.

Mallory really has no basis in reality, to be honest XD Her last name was stolen from a character from Roswell, called Maria DeLuca.
Queen Asshat
Posted: Nov 30 2005, 01:37 AM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

Vince Samsa while very big and intimidating is actually a very scared person. He thinks his actions out a lot more than he should and it is because of this that Vince Samsa will be considered by some to be a ‘weak’ character especially towards the beginning.

-Vince also is known for putting up facades. In my first post with him you will notice that he was planning to play the game but as we get into Requiem you see that he doesn’t want to fight. This is also seen in the Lighthouse and due to Lyndi’s meddling Vince is forced to play the game or risk losing a potential alliance, something he finds comfort in.

-Vince is my polar opposite. I stand at 4’11” and weigh approximately 75 lbs while Vince is 6’7” and weighs two hundred and eighty pounds; Vince however is a lot shyer than I am.

- Vince: Name that coincidently kept popping up in the RP’s that I participate in.

-Samsa: Frank Kefka’s Metamorphosis.

- Vince’s mother is actually based on my grandfather who brought the largest amount of heroin into the united states ever A movie was made about it later if you are interested “The French Connection”. will give you a basic back story for Vince’s mother.

- Vince is not really a Casanova despite his apperance (and being on the football team). Vince has never been in a relationship (well not counting Palmela Handerson, but that is typical for a sixteen year old boy) and quite truthfully is very intimidated by women (reason why Lyndi’s rants effected him so much).

-Vince’s father is the head coach for the Barry Coleson High Football team! And was in the running for the Heisman Trophy, he also attended UM and received a degree in Criminal Law ironically. Vince’s father is also the Debate teacher at Barry Coleson High.

- Vince was actually not supposed to be my flagship (which he is now), Andrew Munteanu was (since he is basically me.), but due to the meddling of the dice rolls (a fucking pot lid! Seriously) Vince has become my flagship.
Slayer
Posted: Dec 8 2005, 10:23 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Slacker @ Nov 30 2005, 01:37 AM)

- Vince’s mother is actually based on my grandfather who brought the largest amount of heroin into the united states ever A movie was made about it later if you are interested “The French Connection”. will give you a basic back story for Vince’s mother.

Sorry to revive the thread, but I had to reply to this. Slacker, you're telling me that "The French Connection" was based on your grandfather?! Wow. Learn something new every day (didn't they need you family's permission if that's true?)...

Fact about Antonio Franchini: Every post with him in it has him thinking or saying a curse word at least once.
Queen Asshat
Posted: Dec 8 2005, 10:55 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

It was a federal case, so I am not sure if they needed my families permission... I'll have to ask my mom.
Slayer
Posted: Mar 18 2006, 01:41 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Yeah, got bored and revived the topic. Anyway, now for some more trivia...

The cold demeanor David developed through his stay on the island was purely unintentional, but I had to roll with it and made it out to be a front to hide his fear.

I actually played with the idea of David being a "villain" character.

Jason was the only "villain" of the baseball team, the others being either hero characters or dying before they could make the choice.

At first, David was the only member on the team on the island, the others were to appear only in flashbacks.

All the baseball players wore/are wearing their jerseys on the island.

That's all I got for now.
Bloody_Fists
Posted: Mar 18 2006, 10:00 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Member No.: 38

Um, ok ill try.

Vince noir was entirely based from a character from british comedy series the mighty boosh.

The reason i gave vinces rights to kaishi were because i got too bored with him, before that i had thought about turning him into another one of the island psycho's.

In a previous BR RP, Stevan and peri were pretty much brothers. Peri's parents adopted stevan after his family was killed by the same mafia group who attacked the barclay family.

At the age of 13 stevan beat his dad to within an inch of his life. The reason he was put into foster care.

Stevan has a deep burn scar from a lighter on his right arm. On his left, it is littered with scars scattered all over the place. And one swastika scarred that was scarred to him just above his hand.

Stevan has a much older sister. She left home when he was 10 and has hardly made contact since.

Just a few things there.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1968 seconds · Archive