Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Suggestion Concerning SOTF 2, For Kai & co., along with everyone else!
Megami
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:31 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Here's what I'm thinking...

As everyone is fully aware, after November 25th, which is quickly approaching, a character cap will be set in place so that the SOTF ACT may come to a close. That means that new roleplayers will not be able to RP in the current SOTF.

So, what if Kai set up a forum for the school that will be kidnapped for SOTF 2? Normally, I'd say that a thread would suffice, but considering that SOTF still has a good while left to go, and I know that I, personally, would not want to be stuck roleplaying in school all the time, I think a board would be better.

I think that a board dedicated to SOTF 2 would help in a number of ways. For one, it would allow newcomers to SOTF after the character cap to post. It would also give current members a new forum in which to post. I also believe that it would help in terms of character development. It would allow the roleplayers to form friendships, relationships, rivalries, and the like before the game started. This could also be a great help, as it could help to improve upon the biographies of the SOTF 2 characters. For example, if someone were involved in a rivalry with another character, they could write it in their biography, allowing it to be more detailed and expansive.

This was just a thought that struck me, but I'd like to know what you all think. Let me know, and I'd like to hear any arguments for or against it. I'd especially like to know what Kai and the moderators think about the suggestion. ^_^
Slayer
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:37 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

I think Kaishi would make a seperate board for the next SOTF act anyway, not saying it's a bad idea, just that she may be doing something like that anyway.
Megami
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:43 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

Of course, dearest. I just meant for right now, while SOTF 1 was still going on. :-)

Edit: By the way, upon re-reading my post, I decided I should clarify. I didn't mean board as in a whole new one on invisionfree. I meant board as in ... *can't exactly think of the name at the moment*... "RP Discussion" or "Character Registrations". Sorry, I'm at a loss for the word. I re-read my own post and decided it was more than a little confusing as to what I meant.
Kaishi
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:49 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

I had an idea like this already.

The forum will be great for character development, flashbacks, that sort of thing. A board for it, yes, sure. I like it. It might happen.

EDIT:
Oi. Darn you both for posting while I was typing. XD Psyke.

Not during SOTF v1. During the writing stages of SOTF v2, yes. It'll take a while after SOTF v1 ends before v2 begins. Things will be changing, stuff like that. So, that'll give people things to do while waiting.
Slayer
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:49 AM

By the way, wouldn't SOTF 2 technically be SOTF 3?
Kaishi
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:51 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

QUOTE (Slayer @ Nov 19 2005, 08:49 PM)
By the way, wouldn't SOTF 2 technically be SOTF 3?

Technically, yes. But, SOTF v2 sounds cooler.
Slayer
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 01:54 AM

Of course, just saying that technically it's the third one. First one was Aberthol and Shaker (Syd's SOTF), then Barry Coleson and an assload of other schools (the winner of this one's SOTF), and then whatever school you pick for the next one.
Kaishi
Posted: Nov 20 2005, 02:00 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Sorry, no more questions. Kai's interview time has expired.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0249 seconds · Archive