Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Lights, Camera, Action! (Content warning - AD), 'Cause I'm Having a Bout of Randomness!
Megami
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 01:49 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Here's the scenario. You are a big-time producer/screenwriter person and you are given the privelege of making the Survival of the Fittest film.

What (if anything) do you change about the plot (ergo, are you gonna change the ways/times people die, who they meet, whether or not they play the game, who they kill, etc.)?

Who do you cast as some of the actors (Obviously you don't have to list all 10- whatever... lol. Just some that stick out in your head)?

Whose viewpoint do you take, or do you rotate?

Which characters die dramatic, monumentous deaths in your movie? How and why do they die?

And finally... who WINS SOTF (it can be a dead character if ya changed the plot, surprise me) and what happens in the aftermath?

Edit: Yeah, the content warning is my fault, sorry y'all.

This post has been edited by d0ddi0slave on Nov 11 2005, 11:30 PM
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 02:03 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Well, what do you think? :P
Megami
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 02:34 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

Hm... The plot's kinda iffy because I haven't read all of it yet, so I don't know what all I'd change. I know I'd leave the Adam/Amanda thing, Haws's death (cause Riser had me in tears with that), and a lot of the other major plotlines.

In terms of casting, that's rough. Adam Sandler for Dodd's wonder boy in the wheelchair because that's who I was told he looked like :P , Sienna Guillory as Jill Gatling, and for some reason, if Milla Jovovich had light hair, she strikes me as a good Clemence. Probably not what Tayli had pictured at all, but somehow it's stuck in my head. And... uhm... Jules Asner as Lyndi Thibodeaux. Lots of the characters are so vivid in my mind that they're hard to cast.

In terms of viewpoint, I'd rotate because if you followed one group you'd miss a massive amount of storyline (a la if you went with Dodd, you'd miss the whole Sydney Morvran thing which I thought was really good).

The dramatic deaths... *points at Hawley* Yep. Then again, Riser beat everyone to the punch on that. No one saw it coming. Amanda Jones would have a dramatic, heart-wrenching death scene in the movie. Don't know how I'd do it, but... it'd be sad, darn it. Andrew Lipson would actually have a comedic death to provide that good ole' relief. Other significant deaths in the movie would be Jacob Starr, the Hughes boys, Madelaine Shirohara, uhm... I can't think off the top of my head, I KNOW I'm leaving out some excellent characters and I apologize in advance.

The winner of SOTF is Adam Dodd, who has all but lost it after his entire alliance is massacred. Adam succeeds in finding and killing Danya, only to be gunned down by the rest of the terrorist faction as he tries to escape. Danya's wife, enraged that the student killed her husband, takes over the terrorist organization, and SOTF is back for round 2.

Viola!
Swoosh
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 04:41 PM

Unregistered

Well... Hawley's death was so incredibly moving. But if I was to direct it, I'd... like, re-alter the whole script so he wouldn't die. Call me the ultimate Hawley fangirl, but meh. Seriously though. Someone else can die instead of him. I loved Hawley.

I guess this is why I'll never be a director :(
Slayer
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 06:50 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

I think I'd make it a miniseries so I could stay as close to the original as possible, and I may put special emphasis on the important deaths (like that of Hawley and the possible deaths of the major players like Peri, Clemence and Cillian). I may have Megami's idea for an ending, with Adam killing the last player (who had killed Amanda, for dramatic effect in the series) and then maybe show a quick scene of him figuring out where Danya's hiding (or stows away on a terrorist boat taking him to the base) after preparing weapons and having a flashback to the owner of each (like if he took the Browning he'd have a flashback of Jacob, or the shotgun would give him one of Hawley and Amanda) and then fighting his way through the terrorist base, killing Danya and dying of accumulated wounds while leaving (sort of a tribute to the ending of Cowboy Bebop, complete with the "WTF just happened?!" look on the faces of the remaining terrorists).
Sephy
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 07:09 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I think i'd try and make one with a gritty, 'snuff' feeling to it, l, trying to make it as real as possible and removing any "hollywood" elements, apart from maybe cutting to the terrorists watching the game and scoffing burgers etc. like Kamon in the manga.

As for the ending, i'd probably or have one pscyho, one non-player left on the island and forced to fight, the "innocent" player is forced to kill the psycho, but then they commit suicide rather then face the world with the knowledge of what they'd done. Or have a 'faveourite' player like Dodd (he seems to be pretty popular) win the game, then get his head blown off by the terrorists in a "haha, you killed your friends for nothing" moment because really there is no 'winner',and i'm cruel :P
MooCow
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 11:26 PM

Resident Snuggle Bunny ^__^ ::snuggles with you::

Member No.: 7

I would do it exactly as it is only take care of plot holes etc.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 11:29 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Well, I suppose I get my two cents in.

The plot I'd leave pretty much as is. I mean, really...you can't change it too much, because then the essence of what it is...well, it's gone...

Casting's difficult. Mostly, I'd have to cast unknown actors, maybe a few rare exceptions. Danya'd have to be someone who was really sinister and creepy. Maybe someone like Gary Oldman, even (to go out on a limb) Jeff Goldblum. Truth be told, if a movie version of SOTF would be made, I'd go and demand that the casting director cast me as Dodd or else I'd copywrite my writings and tell them all to goto hell. :D

Characters that die dramatically in the movie...Hawley for certain, more or less the same as he did in the actual RP...um...I guess the important characters. I'd have Aiden die and then have Dai commit suicide afterwards, just for dramatic effect. Erm...Madelaine/Amanda would have dramatic deaths...probably Jacob too, most of the 1st generation characters, anyway.

Point of view, I'd switch between a few characters, but I'd have a solid protagonist in the story just so we kind of know who to root for. That said, I don't think it'd be obvious as far as who's going to win. I'd probably want to have some form of surprise ending as far as the winner goes.

Who wins SOTF? Well, I have several different little endings in my head.

Ending 1:

Final four are Adam Dodd, Amanda Jones, Jacob Starr, and Madelaine Shirohara. The little threesome makes the end and has to contend with Jacob at the end. Jacob definitely wreaks some hardcore havoc over them though, and at the very end of it, as Adam is (surprisingly, he'd be the one I'd lead everyone to believe that would win) killed, it'd end up being down to Amanda, Jacob and Madelaine...he'd shoot both of the girls, hitting Amanda in the leg and Madelaine in the collar. Knowing she's about to die, Madelaine would attack Jacob and grab him, taking him out in the final explosion of gore that is the final collar explosion. Amanda Jones wins SOTF and is forever scarred for life.

Ending 2: (aka: the 'WTF' ending that makes critics pan the movie for years to come)

Final Four: Cody Jenson, Sidney Crosby, Daisuke Andou, Jill Gatling.

Earlier in the movie, Aiden dies from his wounds, and Daisuke goes a little nuts. He has a big shootout with Jill, and as he's about to finish her off, Cody slips in behind him and slits his throat. He then pops Jill in the face, and goes to hunt down his one rival, Sidney Crosby. The two have battled but up until this point, Sidney's had the upper hand. Finally, he knocks over Sidney, and is about to shoot him after doing the usual 'I hate you because...' speech when out of nowhere, the entire Pittburgh Penguins hockey team led by Mario Lemieux come out with like, machine guns and stuff and just fucking tear Cody to shreds. Super Mario comes out with Danya's head on a stick, covered in blood, and screams 'YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE PENGUINS!'

Sidney Crosby wins SOTF.

The NHL is never the same. The movie tanks at the box office and makes the list of top ten worst films of all time.

Ending 3:

Final Four: Adam Dodd, Madelaine Shirohara, Amanda Jones, and Hawley Faust.

Hawley doesn't die when he does in the RP, but instead passes out into a near-death like state. After Adam Dodd (who's pretty much gone near-insane by this point) kills Jill Gatling after the four defeat Cillian Crowe, Amanda and Madelaine realize he's gone completely freakin' crazy. He (shockingly) kills Amanda and as he's about to do away with Madelaine, Hawley, looking like death itself, jumps out of nowhere and cleaves Adam in half with a sword. Adam's dead and it's now just Madelaine and Hawley. The terrified girl is shocked that Hawley's alive, but he IS dying and as he does he talks with Madelaine and tells her to never forget what happened here today, asks him to never let what happened in this place stay with her. He dies, and Madelaine Shirohara wins SOTF.

Ending 4:

Final Four: Adam Dodd, Jacob Starr, Clemence (whatever her last name is), Cody Jenson.

In the dark version of SOTF, Adam Dodd is the one who we've followed around moreso than any of the others, and he's pretty much a lock to win the game. However, he's basically had a deep strain on his psyche and he's definitely not the same person he was. Adam and Jacob have a large battle, and in the battle, Adam kills Jacob with a single gunshot to the head. Jacob's been grouped with Clemence for a large amount of time, and the psychopathic girl sees Jacob fall and literally falls off the deep end. As Adam saunters away to deal with Cody, who he knows is one of the biggest threats left, Clemence (in a scene that haunts reviewers for years to come) has sex with Jacob's dead body and in mid-coitus is shot dead by Cody Jenson, who hears the sounds, and does everybody a favour. The two remaining meet in a gigantic battle that lasts for over half an hour, and in the end, Adam ends up coming out victorious. As Danya comes down to meet him, he simply laughs in Adam's face and tells him that 'there is no escape...you're going to play again!' Adam, so morally distraught, kills himself right then and there, unable to take such information.

Adam Dodd wins SOTF.

The film is given an NC-17 rating and is banned in most countries of the world.

Okay, well...none of those are the ending I have planned if any of my characters actually WIN Sotf...especially Adam, but...:P

Enjoy, I guess....
Slayer
Posted: Nov 11 2005, 11:35 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Personally, I think it would be more IC for Adam to shoot Danya right in the face then and there if ending 4 happened, y'know, since he's spent half the game threatening Danya's life.
guitarjack87
Posted: Nov 16 2005, 02:42 AM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

I like ending 4 dodd

Allthough maybe its because you are the only one that had mention of any of my characters.

Biased? Naaaahhh.... :D
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0523 seconds · Archive