Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

 Boy 121- START, Tobs: ...shit.
kuroiraishu
Posted: Nov 4 2005, 03:21 AM


Kurai


Group: Members
Posts: 68
Member No.: 59
Joined: 22-September 05



Watching the three guys, whom she now knew two names, and one from school, Takara forced herself to calm down and show better control of herself. Taking a few deep breaths, she glanced at Toby and really hoped she wasn't doing a stupid thing as she set down her bag.

Seeing Sidney step towards her and offer his hand, Takara took it, visibly forcing a small smile. Though, she probably could already guess the assumptions they had come to about her. - -;

"Sidney... where have I heard that name before? And yes, my name is Takara. I just recently transferred to Barry Coleson High, but before that I went to a far more, prestigious school. Private in fact. Honestly, I don't know very many people there, and..." Glancing at Chance, she continued, "... and I'm not too fond of many people there. I'm not the type of person my, uh, choice of clothing shows me to be."

A nervous chuckle escaped her, but his name seemed so familiar, as if she should know it without trouble.

"If you don't mind my asking Sidney, what is your last name?"

Looking at Toby, Takara's expression became far more serious, as if he were the type of guy that annoyed her, yet couldn't help but see as friendly.

"Alright Toby. One, I don't care if that damn thing is off or not, it still looks pretty damn scary. Two, shoving a cigar up someone's ass won't hurt as much as going up the nose, seeing as its probably no larger than a dildo the way it is. And three, your not making a very good impression, in fact, your making me wish I'd have turned tail and run, but, well... seeing as I'm in a skirt... that wouldn't work very well..."
Top
asano
Posted: Nov 4 2005, 03:31 AM


15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3


Group: Members
Posts: 358
Member No.: 58
Joined: 20-September 05



He didn't really care that she was putting down her bag; since her hands didn't try going inside, he could have cared less, actually. Long as everybody's comfy...XD

Toby chuckled. "I thought so...I know I shouldn't do this, but...ah, whatever." He reached over, and twisted the bit. With a pop, it came right off the drill, reducing a painful looking weapon into a simple ...heavy thing. >>;
He held the bit in his left hand, away from the drill. "Better? It's not like I can shove it in my pocket, and I'm not gonna put it in my bag."

He laughed at her comment on the cigar. "That's great...Hm, I like you, too. God, it seems I like everyone I meet. Feel free to call me Tobs, by the way. Toby's too damn formal." He laughed. So far, he liked everyone he'd met enough that they could call him Tobs and he'd be fine.

He twirled the bit around his fingers, much like a pencil in school. It was crazy how similar the two movements were, twirling a pencil and twirling the bit. @@

He cocked his head to the side. Nice first impression, dumbshit!
"Fuck it..." He pulled his shirt up a bit, exposing his belt. He yanked it loose, and shoved the barrel-like part of the drill into it. Then, he tightened the belt, creating a little holster.
"Better?" He moved the bit to his right hand, still twirling it. It was something he'd often done with a pencil, oddly enough. He scratched his head with his left hand.

"...what now?"
Top
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Nov 5 2005, 05:09 AM


Such a shame that I didn't know by now


Group: 20
Posts: 1,316
Member No.: 29
Joined: 2-July 05



Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Looks like the cat's out of the bag. I guess it wasn't long before SOMEBODY around here kept up with hockey and recognized my face. Just hope there aren't any reprocussions...

As Takara posed him the question of his last name, he grimaced and looked down at the ground. "Crosby..." he muttered relatively quietly, as if he were ashamed of the fact. To be honest with himself, Sidney had actually been enjoying the whole 'relative obscurity' thing, as he hadn't really known that since he was very young. Ever since he'd first started playing even semi-competitively, everyone around him had known his name, he'd been 'the Crosby kid', the kid who was supposed to be as good as Gretzky himself. Sid hadn't really known how people could expect that from him. Gretzky was in a whole other league when it came to knowing the game. There was no smarter player than Wayne Gretzky, and there likely never would be, either. Sidney knew that, and just concentrated on carving his own niche in the hockey legend. At least, that's what he had been doing, before all of THIS had happened.

Now it looks like the only niche I'll be carving out is going to be a footnote in some book, detailing the hell that was ...what did they refer to this as? Survival of the Fittest?

As he heard Toby pose the question as to what they should do now, Sidney looked up at the group and guestured in the direction that they had been walking.

"Well, you guys said you wanted to hit the warehouse, right? So let's get a move on. It'd probably be better to get some sort of shelter, right?"

He couldn't help but wonder, as he suggested they get moving, how many of his current group would put two and two together and realize who he was.

Of course, if they even knew who he was.

For Sidney Crosby, there was never a moment in his life quite like this, that he found himself wishing both simletaneously for and against there to be a lot of hockey fans on the island.
Top
kuroiraishu
Posted: Nov 5 2005, 05:21 PM


Kurai


Group: Members
Posts: 68
Member No.: 59
Joined: 22-September 05



Raising an eyebrow at Toby, Takara's gaze remained fixated on the bit. Knowing he wasn't going to get rid of the bit, she sighed exasperatedly. "Whatever. Just keep it away from me."

Then he laughed, and as he said he liked her. "Hey, its only the truth I speak with the cigar. It'll hurt a whole lot more if it has to go up first and then is forced to go down into the fucker's lungs. Oh, and Tobs, you might want to be careful with those whom you trust. After all, there are people who are playing this game, but lie about it. Just a small thought to put into your head, no intentions on making you overly paranoid about myself if that's what your going to think."
Chuckling lightly, she gave a small smile, as if she had intended on making the boy paranoid.

As he began to twirl the bit between his fingers, Takara became quite annoyed by seeing the thing and went to snatch it from him. "Good god! Stop it or keep it out of my sight." ><
She could have cared less about the actual drill, it was the bit that was getting to her.

As soon as Sidney answered her question, it was as if a light bulb went off over her head. "The Sidney Crosby? Heh. Surprised to see one such as yourself here... oh, and if you think I'm one of those hockey fans, think again. My dad used to watch it all the time and would tell me everything about it. Kept saying things on how you were supposed to be the next Wayne Gretzky, whoever he is."
Laughing light-heartedly, quite the change in mood (>.>), she picked up her bag and shouldered it. Then stepped closer to Sidney, speaking almost in a whisper.
"If those two don't know who you are, I'll keep your identity secret, unless you want them to know." Giving him a small wink, she stepped back from him, looking as bright as ever.

"Well, lets head to the warehouse then. Not only would it be good shelter, it would also provide protection should we need it. After all, with them allowing guns in this game, I don't think we'd want to remain here, now do we? Considering we are right in the open."

Hm. Takara certainly took on a different attitude rather quickly, perhaps it was because she was feeling a bit more comfortable around these guys, or perhaps something with her was just... a bit out of whack. >.>
Only time will tell!

Top
LadyMakaze
Posted: Nov 5 2005, 06:58 PM


Savage Intent.


Group: 20
Posts: 755
Member No.: 32
Joined: 20-July 05



Chance calmly allowed himself to be upstaged a bit as the three continued to talk amongst themselves, keeping guard in case any hostility flared between the two of them. He exchanged looks between each of them as they spoke, relieved to see that they seemed to be on the same wavelength, for the most part...even if the girl Takara did seem to have an attitude...

What interested Chance was the fact that she did seem to recognize Sidney, by name, if not by the person he was... How strange, this Chance thought to himself, though he decided to speak nothing of it. After all, it was against his nature to pry.

As soon as all was said and done, Chance finally piped up, having let the conversation go on without his input, "I agree with Tobs here, and in any case, I'd like to move quickly in case that area becomes a Danger Zone," he smiled at the group and moved onwards.

As he passed by Takara, he looked her over calmly, with a serious expression on his face. "I take it you're coming with us then?" He asked her calmly. "Not to mean any hostility, but I just want to clarify that there isn't a trust issue in this group...After all," He looked towards Tobs and Sid. "The three of us agreed to trust eachother and worked together. I just wanted to know if you're ready to make the same agreement." He regarded her again, his disposition no longer light and carefree, but earnest and serious as it had been before.
Top
asano
Posted: Nov 6 2005, 03:49 AM


15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3


Group: Members
Posts: 358
Member No.: 58
Joined: 20-September 05



Toby = doesn't know/give a shit about the hockey stuff. >_>
Tobs shrugged as Taka showed recognition of some sort to Sid, as he himself knew next to nothing about the sport. However, since Takara showed recognition, he figured Sid was big.
Real big for a kid, especially.

Tobs: Whatever. It wasn't important to him, really, so he ignored that. Sid was Sid, after all.

As Takara moved to grab the bit, he stepped to the side, his hand going behind his back. "No way, Takara. I'll put the weapon away, but I *won't* loose this." His voice held no indication of him budging on this position. "I don't intend to die, and I know if I put my weapon entirely away I'll get my ass handed to me sooner or later." He held the bit to the side now. "Alright. I'll stop twirling it." He clenched his fist around the bit. Lucky it was lying flat in his palm, or his first injury of the game would have been self-inflicted.

He blinked as she said ...something... to Sid. He assumed it was related to how she'd recognized him, and let it drop then. Seriously. He didn't care at ALL. Sidney was Sidney, and as long as he wasn't a Hitler or something, Tobs was fine with him.

"Danger zones...? Oh, yeah, nevermind. Momentary lapse of memory. Yeah, we should get a move on...but, could the warehouse be too obvious? ...no, if there's others there, warehouses have multiple exits. We can risk it for cover, right? Alright, let's get a move on." He began to walk, but then stopped and turned to Takara.
"About what Chance said. And what you said. I never said I trust you, I said I like you. There's a major difference. As it stands, if you're with us, I'll have to trust you. So." He hesitated, wondering how she'd react, then walked to her. He put his hand out for a hand shake, much like with Sid and Chance earlier.
"If we're in this in the same group, there can be no issues between us. So. Trust? Of course, I won't trust you all--yes, ALL--fully, as this is too grave a situation to ever trust someone fully; I'll still trust you a bit, though. Can you, Takara?" He didn't grin, which was quite unusual. Normally, he'd grin. Not now. Too serious.
=/
Top
kuroiraishu
Posted: Nov 6 2005, 04:27 AM


Kurai


Group: Members
Posts: 68
Member No.: 59
Joined: 22-September 05



As Chance stopped by her, Takara looked him in the face, her expression taking a major shift from carefree, to void of any emotion at all. Leaning her weight onto her left leg, she crossed her arms, making sure she had a good grip on her bag.

"That's what I planned on doing. You want my trust? You'll get it, but there's one thing I'll let you know. I can either be a nice person, or I can be a real bitch. Its up to you which side of me you want to get to know."

Rolling her eyes, her attention turned to Tobs, sighing as he stepped to the side. "Alright, alright. Though, Takara sounds too... formal. Call me Taka, much easier to say, that and you won't prounce the last syllable wrong. Honestly, I could careless if I got off this island, I have nothing left to even want to go home to. If you want to get home that badly, you might not want to kill anybody here."

Seeing his offered hand, Takara bit back a harsh comment and took it.

"You trust me, I'll trust you. I'll even help you go home with a clean slate." Her face remained impassive as she spoke, her tone cold almost. Perhaps there was more to her than really did meet the eye, but then again, maybe the carefree way she acted was a cover for this attitude.
Top
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Nov 6 2005, 11:45 PM


Such a shame that I didn't know by now


Group: 20
Posts: 1,316
Member No.: 29
Joined: 2-July 05



Sidney couldn't help but grin as Toby began to speak about the concept of trust. He was right, in this situation, in this 'game' as it were, trust was nearly impossible. You could trust people to smaller extents, but you never knew if someone was going to yank out a gun and shoot you in the back.

Shoot you in the back. Heh. That's a new one in my book. I've always been worried about smaller things, like...well...not like this, anyways. Unbelievable.

As the two shook hands, Sidney saw what seemed to be a large warehouse in the distance. It seemed that their travel had been considerably shorter than he had anticipated it to be.

"Hey, guys...am I seeing things, or is that...? Is that the warehouse?"

He blinked, and looked at his companions.

((sorry for the shitty post, guys, my brain is fried here...))

((Continued in: Back to the Scene of the Crime...))
Top
LadyMakaze
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 03:17 PM


Savage Intent.


Group: 20
Posts: 755
Member No.: 32
Joined: 20-July 05



In a reply to Takara, Chance's serious mood and manner shifted abruptly to his usual cheer and lightness. He chuckled a bit at her remark, not to mock her, but simply as a way of being friendly. "Doesn't matter which side, as long as it's the real you." Perhaps he sounded as though he was making light of it, but there was an underlying note of seriousness to it...barely discernable underneath his casual disposition.

He turned back towards Tobs and Sid, looking towards the direction of the building in the distance. Keeping his eyes on the building, he took out his map, checking it briefly before looking up again.

"Must be it," he remarked. He also added lightly, "And from the looks and sound of it, there's people there."

((Continued in: Back to the Scene of the Crime...))
Top
asano
Posted: Nov 10 2005, 01:44 AM


15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3


Group: Members
Posts: 358
Member No.: 58
Joined: 20-September 05



He grinned a bit. His shake was pretty damn reflective of his own personality: his hand was not limp, but not overly strong. It had some power to it, but there was a slight element of not caring and just going along with it...

>_>
"Taka it is, then. Heh. Tobs and Taka. And Sid. ...Chance, you got a nickname or shortened name?" He chuckled. >.> Weak!
XD

Then, he let go and stepped back. "Yeah, that's the ware---fuck." He stopped midword, replacing the end with what would probably become his favorite word of the game. "There's definitely someone there...at least two people...fuck, fuck, fuck." He fumbled with the power drill, before taking it out and placing the bit firmly on the end.

"Alright, Taka. Don't panic." He grinned, but was serious. His tone had morphed from care free to ...something else. "I know this makes you uncomfortable. It's off. But, I am not going to put it away, not until I know if the others are playing or not. I'm not risking my fucking life to make you comfortable, and I sure as hell aren't risking it on a weak hunch." He looked at Chance and Sid.
"That goes for you two, also. Chance, Sid, I'd recommend taking out your weapons too...er, Chance, be careful with yours." He remembered that Chance had hand grenades, and wasn't too keen on the idea of having his ass blown apart by someone's bad handling of grenades.
- -;;

Tobs was...well, he was a bit different. On the extreme edge. The memory of his home life (NOT New York, but Michigan) was what drove him to act so cautious. Normally, he would probably just have been sorta ready and walked up to the other people. Now, however, he'd take no chances. Aside from having to flip a switch, the drill was ready.

He held it loosely at his side. He hoped this would send the desired message: It's purely defensive.

The warehouse was just up the path, probably no more than a couple hundred yards.

[alright, next person to post can take Tobs to the warehouse, unless you want me to post again. >_>;
We could either make a new thread, or join up with Arsenio and Drew. Your choice >_>;; I have a feeling I know what Taka'll say]

((Continued in: Back to the Scene of the Crime...))
Top
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Nov 12 2005, 07:13 AM


Such a shame that I didn't know by now


Group: 20
Posts: 1,316
Member No.: 29
Joined: 2-July 05



[this is where I thread-jack the thread and basically say that since the warehouse blew up, we're still in the river for now, but just divert your replies to the 'Back to the scene of the crime...' thread. MERCI!]
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The River | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 



Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0314 seconds · Archive