Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

You Can Do It!, Ganbare...
Kaishi
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 12:54 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It took me four times to actually muster up the courage to come back here.

I'm not going to make any excuses. All I'm going to say is that I apologize for being selfish. In an effort to get more freetime, I axed many sites I was on. Among the sites axed was SOTF, my own site. And where did this leave you all? Wondering, worrying, pondering, confused...right now, it's irrelevant.

I'm back, whether you all like it or not. And I'm going to make SOTF work this time. I'm not going to take off without notice anymore. I'm going to stay here as long as I can, and do my best to visit this place everyday. Nothing's guaranteed, but I'll try to be here from now on.

Changes are going to be made; things will be fixed. Such as the inactivity that I'm seeing. What brought that upon, eh? Anywho, among said changes will be the staff, the rules, the storyline...the site in its entirety, really.

I came into this believing that managing a site is a one person job. When it comes down to it, it isn't. I'm going to need all of you guys help to make this work. Whether you're a newbie that I've never heard of, a person lurking in the shadows, or a diehard roleplayer...I'm going to need your input. From new rules to a brand new storyline, I'm going to need it all.

There's one big question for everyone, though. And that is: what will we do with the current plot? Should the terrorists arrive, and we finish things even with the site's inactivity? Or, shall we begin a new, and act as if this SOTF never happened? Maybe, even a sequel plot of sorts? We could easily do the last questions...I've got ideas in that department.

So, what say, my friends?
Slayer
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 01:28 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Well, personally I'm against starting all over again, but I agree that the terrorists going on the island thing might not really work. Maybe have the next announcement include Danya changing his mind and simply executing them? As for the inactive characters, I personally think they all have to be killed off to reduce clutter, but that's only my opinion.
riserugu
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 01:57 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

:o

First thing, first.

*hugs*

I have to agree with Slayer on the terms of not axing this current game, but we do need to do something about the current inactive characters. Though it seems that one of us just calling the character and killing them seems to have worked... *shrug*

As for the terrorists... I really don't know about that.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 02:06 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Great to have you back, Kai. I completely understand, for I've basically had the same issue - I've tried to reduce my online time to create a real life for myself. But fuck that, I work 40 hours a week anyways, where's time for a life? :P

I'm all for continuing the current plotline, but I agree with Slayer that a lot of the inactive characters SHOULD be just sorta toasted as far as just reducing clutter. If we ever want to get back into it, we need to finish the game as it's going now, mainly because - hell, we've put so much effort into it, we all want to see a sole survivor, right? :)

I'd like to offer my services as much as I can. As it stands now, my evenings are generally free, and until I really work up the cajones to ask out a certain girl, there really isn't much I'm doing, so I can be on the site quite a bit during the evenings (generally when I work, I end at 8:30ish EST).

As far as the terrorists go...eh...I can see how it could work, but it might be best to just kill them off before they even begin - or we could use them as a device to kill off a whole bunch of the inactive characters, then die themselves without really even getting onto the island. When it all comes down to it though, I think that we NEED to finish the current SOTF edition, and then start a brand new one, with fresh faces, and a fresh new storyline. I have so many ideas, it's...well, it's ridiculous. :)

I think the main thing that everyone's been concerned about is - that you're okay. I remember that the last time we all saw you, you vanished due to some stomach problems and whatnot, and then we never heard from you again, leaving most of us thinking the worst.

SO I think I speak for everyone when I say welcome back, no hard feelings, and let's get this show on the road! :)
asano
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 02:07 AM

15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3

Group: Members
Member No.: 58

Seriously, I don't blame you at all.
Whatever you did, I don't quite care.
*blink*
Okay, that sounds really cold.
What I mean is that I'm incredibly happy you came back.
This happens quite a bit on the other site I go to. The admin leaves, comes back, leaves...x.x;;...

Anyway.
Here's a suggestion for the inactive people. Considering post count means almost nothing here, it's not too bad.
Send out a MASS PM. Anyone who doesn't reply within, say, a few months, gets deleted. Their characters just die however ...someone wants them too, if they have any.
See? Sorta mean, but plenty of time.

Myself, I like the rules. It's a hard switch going from being killed without permission to giving permission to die. [/sarcasm]
It's a welcome change. I don't die so much.
Anyway.

Thank you. SO MUCH. For coming back.
I can't wait to read Danya's next announcements ^^
LadyMakaze
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 02:44 AM

Savage Intent.

Member No.: 32

Welcome back!! Was wondering when you'd show up again, but truth to say, I was a bit worried about you back there. Well I'm relieved now. Hope everything's doing alright on your end.

With that said, better get down to business. First of all in case of a 'Kaishi-gone-missing' event recurring anytime soon, might I suggest the addition of another Admin to the team. Or at least someone who can move the approved characters onto the registration board and perhaps roll weapons for them. Yeah, I know its a big responsibility to roll for stuffs like that, though not as big as rolling deaths. Nevertheless, I was thinking of making a more even distribution of GM-ing responsibilities to make things easier on Kaishi and everyone else. And also in case she disappears again. :)

Speaking of distribution of responsibilities, I'd like to apply for Mod. I live in the PST part of the world, and I'm pretty much free all day on weekends. On weekdays, I'm free afternoons to evenings. As for my reasons for applying for Mod, it's all for the good interests of making this RP a fun and engaging one, by sharing responsibilities of the GM, and basically to help it run a little smoother too.

As for the Mass PM thing, I think its a good idea, however due to the fact that some members aren't even logging on anymore, email would be a more effective option.

Cheers! *celebrates the Return of the Kai*
Kaishi
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:01 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

Teehee. I'm fine now. No worries at all. :lol:

So, what I've gathered...
1. The terrorists might get into the game. Possibly as a way to kill off the inactive characters.
2. The game isn't going to restart just yet. The game will keep going on and all until a survivor is found.
3. People might be notified via mass PM (or via email...gah) that they need to get active soon or face death.
4. Staff additions, most definitely. ;) I agree on all those points. XD

Anything else of signifigance anyone would like to add? :P
asano
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:04 AM

Definitely make a place for people to post up reasons/wants for being a staff member.
As I said before, keep it only for a week or so, or else you'll start getting garbage ones.
x.x;

Definitely get the new characters into the game, maybe make a newb welcome board? Always comforting to have the wiser, crazier players welcoming newbs.
Don't ask why.
@@
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:11 AM

Yeah...

um, perhaps we could sort of do a little bit of a housecleaning, and get a straight-up list as to who's actually here and who isn't.

I know off the top of my head, LadyMakaze, riserugu, Slayer, myself, Sephy, Mismatched Eyes, Kuze, Bloody Fists, Elise Aversano, are all still around, as well as a complete freaking INFLUX of new people (which fucking rules, asano's like heading up the noob squad, as it may be.)

;) j/k, asano. :P

but yeah. definitely need more staff...at LEAST another admin, perhaps a mod or two. Just to be sure.

At this point it's best if we regroup, make sure that we're all still around and everything, do a little housecleaning, catch ourselves up, and resume.

We're going to need an annoncement to cover the last like huge shitload of deaths...basically some research onto who's actually still alive. Ummm...let's see. We're going to need someone to do a number on the Roster forum, move those new people over to it, and update the statuses on those who're already there.

Ahhh...let's see...I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out, but...
asano
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:16 AM

Oh, THANKS, Doddio.
I feel so loved.

BTW, two of those people are here thanks to meh ^^

Anyway.

Yeah. Who died and who didn't? @@

That's a big one.
Doddio covered everything I can think of.

Remember, Doddio: I'm not a noob. Look at my signature. ha!
Newby not noob. >>;
<<;
Kuze
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 06:28 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

First off w00t Kai's back, I was starting to get worried there for a moment that you abandoned SOTF for good.

but anyways maybe only one terrorist (I.E the one you have completed) and let the other two die.

Adding new staff members would be a good idea. because even if you go poof we have another person to fall back on.

Well seeing as the mods live in California, and 2 differnet places in Great Brittan, I would like to apply for a mod position seeing as im one of the few in EST (GMT -5) and im on very often, (I.E I'm an internet Junkie.)

oh and Dodd Thesus is still around.

oh well ill log onto AIM for a bit before i get to bed.

:P
Whiz
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 10:46 AM

Playing

Member No.: 60

It's Admin Almighty! Very nice to know you're still alive and that you came back. I'm pretty new here and I haven't exactly seen you around here before, and seeing as though I have nothing of great importance to contribute to the thread, I'll just take the opportunity to say hi

So, um... 'Hi.' and welcome back.
Swoosh
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 11:25 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Kaishi @ Oct 1 2005, 04:01 AM)
2. The game isn't going to restart just yet. The game will keep going on and all until a survivor is found.

I'm glad you're back ^_^ I won't go into what everyone else has said, because, yeah. It's already been said. I did like the idea of the terrorists though.

But regarding the little bit I quoted... how are we going to find a survivor? I mean, this all seems to me a bit like Timesplitters or something; when one of your characters dies, you just make another one, like that. So how is there going to be a winner, when basically, this game could go on forever...?
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 02:08 PM

That's easy. :P We'll just put a cap on the number of characters.

Sephy
Posted: Oct 1 2005, 03:50 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

Welcome back Kai! *hugs* we really missed you, I don't blame you for trying to get mroe free time, the internet eats your time away >>

I mostly agree with whats been said, although I think a few months is too long a time for inactive people to be given.
I'm not saying your useless (you rock! woo) but a sort of understudy-admin would be good in case you got sick, or stuck under a ton of work/homework (depending on your age :P)

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say we're all willing to help with this site, we love it! ^__^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0280 seconds · Archive