Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Graphic description
Sephy
Posted: Jun 27 2005, 10:24 AM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I'm sorry if this is already written somewhere, I looked in the FAQ and couldn't find it, I was just wondering what language/ descriptions are acceptable, obviously, wiht this being a BR rp there will be violence and everything but I was just wondering

1. Is swearing ok? My character wouldn't be cursing every 10 seconds but has sometimes his dirty mouth runs away from him -_-

2. How graphic can our descriptions be? Should we add a warning if our post contains adult content?

Sorry to waste your time, I jsut like to know before I go post something and have people fainting over thier monitors :P
Kaishi
Posted: Jun 27 2005, 10:11 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I thought I had written this in the rules, but I guess I hadn't made it apparent enough. :P

Yes, it's all allowed. Any topics containing Adult content MUST be marked. Some people would rather not read that stuff...
And yes, swearing is allowed.
Minase
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 07:50 PM

The Musical Sportsman

Member No.: 10

How serious can the swearing be? Only Minase is an angry angry boy, and so far i've limited myself to 'frig.'
Kaishi
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 09:29 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As long as it isn't every other word*, then swearing is fine.

*Unless your character just seems the type... It has to be done at your discretion(sp), really.
asano
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 09:12 PM

15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3

Member No.: 58

Hm. This is a rather big thing for me, I guess, to make sure of.
So, here goes.

My character [yes, one; I found out the hard way I can only RP one style of character at the moment: the nice, yet cold-when-he-wants-to-be guy...>> don't ask] tends to have a...dirty mouth.
At the other sites, with PG13 ratings, that's only hell...damn...and that's it. Pretty much.

So, what I'm saying, is...

For adult content, shall we follow the movie rating system?
As in, one F-Bomb is alright for non-adult stuff, as long as it's not sexually used.
However, if it's TWO F-bombs, or ONE used in a sexual purpose, it's instantly adult content [R]

Pretty sure about that.

Anywho.
Is THAT how we should count it? By movie rating?
That sounds so frikkin' wierd...
Swoosh
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 09:45 PM

Unregistered

I have no idea what any of those ratings mean. I'd forget them all. ^_^

I don't care, though, I'll read anything!
asano
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 10:05 PM

15-year-old Sex Buddha, bitches! PWNED! <3

Member No.: 58

Yeah, same. I don't care at ALL about language, except to the extreme.
However, I know others do.
So, yeah.

My question still stands.
Unless I use common sense...if I have it.
>>
Kuze
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 11:00 PM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

just stick with common scence
guitarjack87
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 04:47 AM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

It has really not been a problem. One of my now deceased characters, garret, had quite the foul mouth, and one of my current characters, cody, is also quite belligerant. I personally think the rping should read like a book, and most horror/action/drama authors do not give two shits one way or another whether people will be offended or not by their swearing. Its not a big deal
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:02 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Agreed. I'm probably one of the worst offenders as far as cursing goes on the board, but nobody has ever said a word about it. :P If it's in your character's nature, then what's the problem, you know? I mean, you'll notice for example, Amanda hardly swears, wheras Adam's got a foul mouth...and yet, nobody seems to notice. :P

So if it works as far as your character goes, then...by all means...
Swoosh
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 09:44 AM

Unregistered

In all fairness, we're RPing about a film that's got an 18 rating, it's not like any of us are gonna be offended by a little swearing... that's my opinion, anyway.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Support/Suggestions | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0506 seconds · Archive