Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Time, It's of the essence.

What's your decision on the matter?
Announcement 1 was Early Morning, Announcement 2 was Morning, Announcement 3 was the Afternoon, Announcement 4 was Night, and Announcement 5 shall be Dawn, etcetera. [ 4 ]  [21.05%]
Announcement 1 was Day 1, Announcement 2 was Day 2, and so on and so forth. [ 11 ]  [57.89%]
Announcement 1 was Morning, Announcement 2 was the Afternoon, and Announcement 3 was nighttime, and so on. [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Scrap the whole time idea...it's far too restricting. Just let things go on as they are right now. [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Swoosh
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 10:31 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Sephy @ Aug 16 2005, 10:01 PM)
doddio's idea makes sense *nodnod* the problem wiht AIM chats are, just as most of the US people are coming on, us Brits are logging off >_>

Not me, I stay on until about 2am ^_^

And I just figured it was like the film... to be honest it hasn't really affected my characters, because none of them have lived/been on the island longer than one announcement anyway...
Kaishi
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 10:51 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

If it's an AIM Chat that you all want, then that's what you'll get. Just PM me when you guys want me on AIM, and then we'll have the Chat, or whatever. Really, I don't see why we can't just have a long discussion about this issue right in this topic, but, fine. AIM Chat, it is.
d0ddi0slave
Posted on Aug 17 2005, 12:42 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

*shrug* I didn't mean we couldn't discuss it right here, but...*shrug*
Bloody_Fists
Posted on Aug 17 2005, 04:40 PM

I Hate, Therefore i Am

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Well anyway, when i got here i thought it had been about 4-5 days, because of all the kills and everything that had gone on. When i got here there were quite a few kills and it seemed to much for only around a days worth.
LadyMakaze
Posted on Aug 17 2005, 05:11 PM

Savage Intent.

Member No.: 32

Keep in mind that in the movie Battle Royale, with the live contestant pool being 40, they all managed 12 kills in less than 4 hours 20 minutes, though only 3 were actual killers. Given that the live contestant pool of SOTF is around 20-30, and looking at how the game worked in the movie and novel, an average of 9 kills per day is pretty low number.

But that's just comparing it to Battle Royale and SOTF, but really, a whole lot can happen in a timespan of 24 hours. Personally, I voted for the 'one announcement per day' choice, just so that the game doesn't seem so 'rushed'.

Though I would have to admit...assuming that we're going with the one announcement per day thing, the game might end up having to last WEEKS, what with the live contestant pool being so large. Four days have passed already. ;) So much for beating the record
MismatchedEyes
Posted on Aug 17 2005, 05:27 PM

Playing

Member No.: 37

Heh cep for me..Im an Oddball :D
Sephy
Posted on Aug 17 2005, 08:53 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

they all managed 12 kills in less than 4 hours 20 minutes, though only 3 were actual killers.

Well, really, in the BR movie, 2 were eliminated pre-game, 2 were eliminated jsut outside, you had the whole of Numai's gang together in one place (5 people), plus after the first night, only 4 or 5 people were being killed every 6 hours, the only time a high numbr of people were killed again was after the lighthouse massacre, in our BR people are spread out more, so it would take longer to kill a lot of people, unless someone with a good weapon stumbled upon a poorly-armed group.
guitarjack87
Posted on Oct 17 2005, 07:35 AM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

so what is the final solution?
Kaishi
Posted on Oct 19 2005, 07:35 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

Considering the results of the poll...

Each Announcement is a day. This may mess up things for some of you, but that's what the majority wants. :P
d0ddi0slave
Posted on Oct 19 2005, 07:36 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Member No.: 29

Eh, it'll work. Now at least we have a solid time schedule...
Slayer
Posted on Oct 19 2005, 10:39 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Alright. Now that we know each day begins with an announcement, how do we determine the morning/noon/night schedule?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0305 seconds · Archive