Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Time, It's of the essence.

What's your decision on the matter?
Announcement 1 was Early Morning, Announcement 2 was Morning, Announcement 3 was the Afternoon, Announcement 4 was Night, and Announcement 5 shall be Dawn, etcetera. [ 4 ]  [21.05%]
Announcement 1 was Day 1, Announcement 2 was Day 2, and so on and so forth. [ 11 ]  [57.89%]
Announcement 1 was Morning, Announcement 2 was the Afternoon, and Announcement 3 was nighttime, and so on. [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Scrap the whole time idea...it's far too restricting. Just let things go on as they are right now. [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Kaishi
Posted on Aug 15 2005, 11:56 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Obviously, there's no exact designated times, and that's a huge problem. Heck, one person can say it's night time, while someone else says it's morning. Some people say it's Day 2, or 3, while some are saying it's Day 1. It's nothing but madness...we need to designate a proper time. So, I'm going to let you crazy people (don't take it to heart; we're all crazy one way or another) decide via a poll. Don't be afraid to post. An idea, no matter how minor, can do wonders. But that's only if it's heard. A quiet idea is useless, while a spoken idea can be useful, even if it is deemed stupid, or idiotic by most.

Vote, and discuss the designated issue.
Slayer
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:00 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

I thought it was kind of like the book (I think the movie has the announcement times different), where there was one at 6 AM, Noon, 6PM, and Midnight.
Kuze
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:07 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I say make it an announcement a day, because in jacob's case 5 kills over 4 days much more resionable than over 24 hours.
Kaishi
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:11 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Or, perhaps it should be that every two announcements is a day?

I'd like to add that the decision shall be officially decided on August 18th, so don't forget to vote.
Slayer
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:13 AM

That's what I said, basically. But that makles most sense, in my honest opinion.
Kuze
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:38 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

actually it doesnt make the most sense slayer, because the amount of kills an announcement is a tad too much for 12 hours, and i always thought an announcement (because well each episode was 24 hours and there was an announcement at the end of the episode.) was the end marker for a day.
Slayer
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 12:47 AM

It's a matter of opinion, Kuze, I'll think what I want to think, and you'll do likewise. Until Kaishi decides, that is.
d0ddi0slave
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 01:57 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

For fuck sakes, guys...can you two stop bickering for like not TWO seconds in order to discuss a matter that's actually of some importance? Each of us is going to have our own opinion, and that's why we have discussion about it. Jeez.

Anyways, my vote was for the announcement is a day thing. It just makes sense, you know?

Problem is though, that if you have a ridiculous amount happen between announcements, it might seem like it's more time than a day...*shrug* but still.

Lien
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 02:12 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Yeah, I agree with Adam.
Sephy
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 11:34 AM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

I think one announcement per day makes most sense, I think too much happens for the announcements to be 6 hours, think about it, in the book and film there were a lot of kills for the first announcement, but after that there were only 2 or 3 ever announcement, to have someone say, killing someone else at the waterfall, and then getting another kill on the other side of the island, all supposed to have happened in 6 hours @_@

maybe coming up with a rough "time" might be a good idea, just, I dunno say "ok now is "morning" or giving designated zones different times like, at the river its always morning, at the well its always afternoon..i'm rambling now..*shuts up*
JayneBrown
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 02:50 PM

Playing

Member No.: 40

To be honest, the time effects don't really matter to me... and if it's working in the reality TV structure that seems to be implied, it's quite difficult to have the time intervals too small if ecological validity is to be upheld (ooh, get me with my fancy terminology).

But maybe in the reports you could state whether or not it is night/day/rainy, etc, and people work with that until the next announcement? Maybe.
guitarjack87
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 07:41 PM

This is the field where soul meets body

Member No.: 25

I think it should be an announcement every 6 hours...
As for there being alot of stuff happening in between, thats what would happen in a game such as this...72 hours is a good example.
I sort of have been assuming it was like the movie and the book where it was every 6 hours
Kaishi
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 08:11 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

I'm actually a little surprised at how many of you really want for 1 Announcement to be a day and all that jazz. Sure, too much happens in 6 hours, but then again, to have one Announcement equalling a day is too restricting in itself. I mean, sure, you can always roleplay it in a way that the Announcement happens later for your characters, but, still.

Meh, it's your decision, everyone (unless, of course, you're just going along with that decision just because "everyone likes that"...if you are, you should be smited). Got 3/2 days left, people, don't forget about voting if you haven't.
d0ddi0slave
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 08:15 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Hm. You know what? I've kind of changed my mind about what I voted for (Option 2)...I'm going to go with the whole 'scrap it for now' option, just because...well...I'm a little confused myself about how it's going to work.

Perhaps sometime we can all get together in an AIM chat and go over this, beat the issue to death with a steel chair or whatnot. *shrug*
Sephy
Posted on Aug 16 2005, 09:01 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

doddio's idea makes sense *nodnod* the problem wiht AIM chats are, just as most of the US people are coming on, us Brits are logging off >_>
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0288 seconds · Archive