Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Dating Royale, It's Toby, Biatches
Lien
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:03 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Prologue
Since When Do Computers Make Good Match-Makers in High School?

"Since Now!" the voice blasting out from the speakers took students from their tests, notes, and naps as the fairly enthusiastic announcement broke the silence of the second period class. Mrs. Nata glared at the speaker frustrated, she was just in the middle of an important lecture (which was actually holding a record-high of putting students to sleep), when the cheery girl talking in the microphone introduced the Student Governments new fund-raising endeavor: Network Matchmaking Service. Apparently, as Mr. Webb yawned once again at the students taking their mid-term, the first session would be held today at lunch in the Tech Lab. Adam couldn't help but look at the speaker from his exam, which he was not even half way through. He checked his watch: only 15 minutes left. Aiden moved his hand from his hair, listening eagerly to his friend, Katherine, make the announcement.

Back in Mrs. Nata's class, the students began to start a large chain of gossip about the news. Glenn and Fred were almost dying they were laughing so hard, mentioning that back home something like this would be impossible. Clemence and Daisuke sat in the back corners opposite of each other, both the only ones who seemed to not care less about what was said. Madelaine laughed as Fred cracked another joke about the "matchmaker" before the annoyed teacher pulled out a stack of pink slips. Silence spread across the class.

Katherine moved away from the microphone, tapping her friend Cassandra on the shoulder as she waved a crumpled paper fan in front of her face. The girl turned, smiling as she snatched the paper away with her left hand. They both walked out of the PA room, dwelling in a tiny room connected to the library, arm in arm. Not even taking a second look as the timid Cillian glanced nervously at them before placing another book back on its shelf.

Strolling through the hallway, Katherine couldn't help but ask Cassandra, "Are you going to enter yourself into the database? I bet it'll be pretty fun!"

"Fun," Cassandra smiled at the thought, "It probably won't even work, you'll see."
Kaishi
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:19 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

:o

That's all I got to say. :P Assuming this is a fanfic of sorts, I look forward to the next...chapter. It'll be interesting to see who gets matched up with whom.
And shouldn't this go under "RP Discussion"? ;)
Lien
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:28 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

((I thought Alternate Reality, since some of the characters don't really go to Barry Coleson, and Cillian is sane.... Haha. Well, part two is done as well, and yeah. Blame Adam's polls))

The computer nerds grumbled as their computers were being contaminated by the grubby hands of the dating impaired. Which, given the enormous amount of students crowding in the classroom as well as outside, was not a much of a minority as many would think. Among the lines were Glenn, with Madelaine right behind him. It was a joke to them to be standing in the line, but at the same time their curiosity kept them in silence until they took their turn. Cassandra and Katherine watched enthusiastically as person after person paid their 2 dollars to post their profile. Among the crowd, Clemence shifted uncomfortably at the crowd that seemed like an endless sea of bodies. Cillian tried to tuck his strands of hair behind his ears as he stared at the computer screen. There were quite a few things to fill out:

Name:

Birthday:

Astrological Sign:

Bloodtype:

Height:

Weight:

Gender Preference:

Extra Curricular Activities:

Hobby:

Dislikes:

Cillian finished the profile, and entered his email address before he pushed his chair away from the desk. Among many of the group were Aiden, Amanda, and even Cassandra and Katherine themselves. The lunch ended, many children having to come back the next day, but one thing was for sure: this was going to be an interesting year for the high school students....

((Here's where eveyone else comes in.... the characters already mentioned are in it, and they'll have to fill out that little form for their charries. Any volunteers who want in, can fill it out too and post it here. Chapters will go by couple matches, so they'll be in installments. Yes, I'm weird))
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:49 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

As he waded through the almost endless sea of bodies surrounding the computers, Adam couldn't help but rub his wrist. The damned exam had been painful, and while he HAD written twelve pages when the teacher only asked for six, he figured that damnit, he had a lot to say, and he proved the hell out of all of his points. Signing up for this dating thing was a bit of a joke, but Adam figured - hell, if everyone else was doing it, there'd be nothing to be embarrassed about. He just chuckled though, thank goodness it was on the computers. Beside him stood his good friend Andrew Lipson.

Lipson hadn't exactly been enthused about trying the dating simulator out, but after much goading from his buddy Adam, he had finally relented. Adam kept teasing him, saying "maybe you'll get paired with that girl you like, eh?" and grinning that damned grin of his. Shaking his head, Lipson shifted his position in the line and found himself standing in front of one of the computers.

"Sweet, no more line!"

Sitting down at the chair in front of him, he brought up a new page and began to fill out the profile.

Name: Andrew Lipson

Birthday: July 25th, 1987.

Astrological Sign: Leo

Bloodtype: O negative.

Height: 5'11

Weight: 140 lbs.

Gender Preference: I like girls.

Extra Curricular Activities: Hockey, pool, drama, paintball.

Hobby: I like to listen to rap music and freestyle sometimes. I also like to drive around, because I have my license.

Dislikes: school, essays, writing, people who act like they're five years old when they really shouldn't. liars.

Standing up from the computer, Andrew fired his email address into the bottom of the application and clicked send. Grinning, he stood up.

"That wasn't too hard."

Glancing back, he saw Adam, standing at the middle of the line, looking at him with a 'how the hell did you get up there so fast?' look on his face. Lipson shrugged and motioned to the cafeteria, indicating that he'd meet him there once he was done. Adam nodded, and Andrew stepped into the cafeteria.
Sephy
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:05 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

"Why am I doing this again?" Daisuke asked himself for the second time as he started to fill out the profile "oh yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time, famous last words"

Name: Daisuke Andou

Birthday: July 16th, 1988

Astrological Sign: Cancer

Bloodtype: AB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 140

Gender Preference: both

Extra Curricular Activities: N/A

Hobby: Playing guitar, dating, having fun

Likes: rock music, english football, anime, random fun stuff,

Dislikes: homophobes, racists, sluts, American football,

Daisuke added his email address to the bottom and clicked save, moving away from the computer as four or five students tried to snatch the now spare seat "woah, desperate much?" he thought to himself as he wandered off
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 05:06 PM

As his eyes rolled when the line finally got moving again, Adam Dodd couldn't help but wonder just how many people were here signing up?

Man, are there this many people in the school who can't get a date? Heh... He grinned as he stepped forward, and then finally realized that he was standing in front of an empty computer. Sighing with relief (the BO in here was incredible), he sat down and began to fill out the profile.

Name: Adam Dodd

Birthday: March 15th, 1988.

Astrological Sign: Pisces

Bloodtype: AB+

Height: 5'11

Weight: 202 lbs.

Gender Preference: Females all the way. They're too bubbly and curvacious not to like 'em.

Extra Curricular Activities: Hockey, drama, student council, occasional tech crew help, roller hockey.

Hobby: Movies - I know ridiculous amounts about movies. I work in a video store so it makes sense that I know these things.
I also like music, mainly rock and alternative.
I enjoy rollerblading, too.
In my spare time I often write.
I also like to read, believe it or not.

Favourite...

Movie - Memento
Band - Audioslave
Food - Pizza
Drink - Iced Tea
Actor - Christopher Walken
Actress - Julianne Moore (We redheads have to stick together!)

I also like music, other bands include Finger Eleven and the Smashing Pumpkins.
Some of my other favourite movies are Aliens, LA Confidential, and Snatch.

I love my job.

Dislikes: I don't like people who talk shit about you behind your back.
I don't like to swim.
I don't like dogs, I'm afraid of them.
I hate bad BO (like the kind in this computer lab)
I hated working at McDonalds.

Standing up from the computer, Adam filled in his email address and sent the profile away. As he left the lab, he glanced over the line, looking for anyone he knew. As he passed by, he felt a hand slap his ass, and immediately looked over and gave Eddie 'The Sarge' Serjeantson a punch in the arm. The two laughed, and Eddie shook Adam's hand before laughing and going back to talking to one of his buddies. He knew Eddie from the hockey team. What a joker.

riserugu
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 06:57 PM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

He knew it was just stupid to be doing this, but being the curious creature by nature that he was he couldn’t help but wonder what the results could be. So that why Glenn Hughes was currently wasting his time standing in this line of mostly giggling bleach-blond girls, and egotistical guys from the football team.

Though lost in his thoughts he hardly noticed that the line had once again begun moving till someone further behind him started complaining and he moved right along into the computer room (which had the most interesting, and not that appealing smell to it he might add). Taking a seat at one of the computers, he bit down on his bottom lip before starting to type,

Name: Glenn Hughes

Birthday: May 29th, 1988

Astrological Sign: Gemini

Bloodtype: AB-

Height: 5’9

Weight: 135

Gender Preference: Only Girls

Extra Curricular Activities: Soccer, Art & Music, Helps out in the Library

Hobby: Playing Saxophone
Writing
And Sports

Likes: The flavor of strawberry (it’s a weakness), Music – namely rock, and classical stuff, all different genres of books

Dislikes: Fred’s cooking, Large crowds & noises, rude and violent people and swimming (never learned how to)

Adding everything else that was needed to the form, he clicked the send button with a smirk and standing up from the computer glancing over at all the people currently at the other computers. Taking note of the other head of hair similar to his occupying another computer in the lab, before turning and moving out of the room intent of getting lunch with what time was left before bell rang.
LadyMakaze
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 07:11 PM

Savage Intent.

Member No.: 32

Lost in her own day dreams as usual, Madelaine had not noticed the abrupt halt in the line movement until a complaint from someone behind her jolted her into awareness. She quickly followed moved along as the person in front of her did. It was one of the twins, she noticed. Either Glenn or Fred, his back was facing her so she could not recognize him (not that she could recognize either by face in any case).

She entered the computer room, immediately assaulted the scent of burnt ink from the printers and humming sound of the computers. To be honest, she was thinking only mildly of the entire matter. It seemed a silly thing, this whole matchmaking fiasco. She smiled to herself a bit. Silly as it may be, she was mildly curious about the results. But all-in-all, it was simply a fundraising thing, nothing too big a deal.

Sitting at an empty seat, she began to fill in the form, looking it over carefully before filling each line

Name: Madelaine Shirohara

Birthday: February 20th, 1989

Bloodtype: A

Height: 5'6''

Weight: 115lbs

Gender Preference: Male

Extra Curricular Activities:

-Swim club
-Volunteer work as Librarian's Assistant

Hobby:

-Mostly writing and reading.
-Playing the piano
-Also swimming and cooking on occasion.

-Literature and philosophy
-Home economics class
-Children
-School plays
-Music: Mostly 19th century piano works

Dislikes:

-Violence
-Large crowds
-Abuse
-Bullying
-Rudeness

It seemed almost comical to think she was taking something as silly as this so seriously.

Madelaine checked carefully over the form again, making sure that the format was neat, organized, and easily comprehended. Once she was completely sure of everything, she sent the form and stood up, making way for the next person. She left the computer lab for the library nearby. There would be no need for lunch today.
brokenCODA
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 07:23 PM

Playing

Member No.: 33

Quite unlike certain a younger brothers who could easily put themselves into words, Fred was having a bit more trouble in this department than Glenn was. He’d been sitting here at this computer for at least a good 10 minutes now, leaning back onto the back legs of his chair as he elbows rested propped up before the keyboard his chin resting in one palm.

Allowing his the chair to come back on all fours against the ground, he ran a quick hand through his hair before starting to type,

Name: Fredrik “Fred” Hughes

Astrological Sign: Gemini

Bloodtype: AB-

Height: 5’9

Weight: 135

Gender Preference: Just Girls

Extra Curricular Activities: Soccer, Hockey, Art & Music

Hobby: Sports
I like Movies – Horror is always the most fun
And I also enjoy Cooking (I can make some mean scrambled eggs)

Likes: Science, English Football, Reading, Peppermint, Pranking and just Having Fun, and Music (though not to much)

Dislikes: Nosy people, Cats (they’re plotting I tell you), Chocolate, Heat, Very high places,

Proud of finally finishing he added his email addresses, and clicked on the send button hopping up from his chair and making his way out. Looking over the people there and that where still in line smirking taking note of some as he made his way only toward lunch.
NyteDarkness
Posted: Aug 13 2005, 10:37 PM

Inactivity Queen

Member No.: 30

Cassandra read over her profile one last time. She sighed, she still didn't think this would work, but knew it would probably be impossible to convince Katherine otherwise. Oh well, it was something to do, and a lot of people seemed to be interested. Maybe something interesting would come of this after all. She typed in a few last-minute details and looked it over again...

Name: Cassandra Roivas

Birthday: October 11

Astrological Sign: Libra

Bloodtype: O

Height: 5'5

Weight: 120 lbs

Gender Preference: Male

Extra Curricular Activities: Art, Drama

Hobby:
-Playing Video games
-Listening to rock music
-Watching horror movies

Likes: Gory/Scary movies, computers, gaming, drawing, comic books, and acting.

Dislikes: Homework, math class, mondays, crowds, children, really hot days.

Yep, that looked about right, she thought. She hoped that this wouldn't be posted where the teachers could see it, a lot of her dislikes involved school. Ah well, the bell was about to ring, no time to change anything now, she submitted and walked out.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 06:09 PM

As the Sarge stood in line for the crowded, hot computer lab, he couldn't help but crack his knuckles. It was a bad habit that he'd developed over the course of the year, and amidst his parents telling him to stop, for 'it'd ruin your hands', he continued to do it, almost compulsively. Sighing, he waited as the line seemed to stand ever-so-still.

~~~~

Up at the front of the line, a fairly unknown girl named Amanda Jones sat down at one of the computers. She was relatively new in the school, and didn't know all that many people. Her father was the vice-president of the United States, a fact that she tried to hide from as many people as humanly possible, just to stay out of the limelight. As she sat down at the computer, she sighed. Maybe this would help her meet some people, get some NORMAL friends, instead of talking with bodyguards all the time. She had spoken at length a couple times with Cillian, the timid boy who worked in the library, and Adam, who she had met at an audition for the school play. However, outside of those two, that was really it at this point. Shrugging, she began to fill out the profile.

Name: Amanda J.

Astrological Sign: Gemeni

Bloodtype: B-

Height: 6'2

Weight: 120 lbs.

Gender Preference: Guys.

Extra Curricular Activities: Drama, Band

Hobby: I enjoy drawing. I keep up with politics but I don't have any real opinions.

Dislikes: Obnoxious people, people who do a half-assed job of things, people who state opinions without backing it up at all.

Finishing the profile, she clicked the SEND button and shrugged. Who knows what this'd bring?
MooCow
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 09:11 PM

Resident Snuggle Bunny ^__^ ::snuggles with you::

Member No.: 7

To be funny, Dahlia Riviera and Tayli Vreeland decided to submit Clemence's name.

"This will be so funny," they laughed as they typed away at the keyboard.

Name: Clemence de Rousseau

Birthday: Feb. 14

Astrological Sign: Aquarius

Bloodtype: A positive

Height: 5'7

Weight: 96 lbs.

Gender Preference: Crazy for cock.

Extra Curricular Activities: Ballerina

Hobby: Ballet

Dislikes: Babies and kittens

___

Meanwhile, Aiden was doing the same thing three computers over. Finally, he could find a boyfriend who would treat him right.

Name: Aiden Ambrose

Birthday: Mar. 15

Bloodtype: B positive

Weight: 110 lbs.

Gender Preference: I like men

Extra Curricular Activities: Running

Hobby: Spending time with friends

Dislikes: Killing
Kaishi
Posted: Aug 15 2005, 12:35 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

Katherine didn't expect for that many people to really need a program to get them their dates. But, it was all for fun, anyway, so why care? She sat down at a computer, keeping that thought in mind as she filled out her profile.

Name: Katherine Marks

Birthday: April 7th

Astrological Sign: Aries

Bloodtype: B+

Weight: 119 lbs

Gender Preference: Guys

Extra Curricular Activities: Art

Hobby: Painting and art in general.

- Painting & Art.
- Guys!!!
- Reading.

Dislikes:
- Cats.
- Idiots.
- Math.
- "Playas".
- Annoying People (you know who you are).

Katherine hit the "SEND" button, and then stepped away from the computer, which was quickly taken by Mason Lucien, whom had been waiting for a long while now. She shuddered, praying to God that she wouldn't get matched up with him. He was...dirty, and he never showered (atleast, that's what the rumors said). With a small sigh, she walked out to lunch.

===

Mason stared blankly at the computer screen, not really knowing what to write. He had to write that he was some sort of stud to get a pretty girl. Otherwise, he might get some sort of weird fat chick, or some nerdy girl. So...what to write? How do I cheat the system? But, who knew how the system worked anyway? Did it match up interests and all, or was it just some random lottery of who to get? Well, Mason grinned. This is going to be a lottery that I'm gonna win!

Name: Mason Lucien

Birthday: April 5th

Bloodtype: O-

Height: 5'9

Weight: 122 lbs

Gender Preference: The Ladyfolk.

Extra Curricular Activities: None.

Hobby: Dice games. I'm rather good at "Craps". Well, more like lucky, I guess.

- Card Games
- Tacos

Dislikes:
- Bullies
- Being Misunderstood
- People Who Cheat To Win

Mason studied it over with a frown. It was truthful, yes, but in the end he probably wouldn't score a babe. He ran a hand through his messy hair, and submitted his profile in. Here's hoping, Lady Luck!
Theseus
Posted: Aug 15 2005, 07:55 PM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

Jeremy walked in the room and said to himself, "This is stupid...I don't need a computer to help me get a date." He laughed and looked at the computer and still he found himself sitting down at it and said, "What the heck."

Name: Jeremy Torres

Birthday: March 22 1991

Astrological Sign: Aeries

Bloodtype: I don't know....

Height: 5'9

Weight: 155

Gender Preference: Female

Extra Curricular Activities: wrestling team

Hobby: wrestling team, hanging out with friends

Dislikes: rude people, sore losers, underachievers

Jeremy sighed and pressed the enter button and walked away.
Swoosh
Posted: Aug 15 2005, 09:05 PM

Unregistered

((OK, I'm assuming this really is a made up world, seeing as Elise would be living in completely different country, let alone school))

Elise walked into the computer room, to find what appeared to be half the year in the room with her. She blinked. Going to the computer room was a lunchtime activity for her, she liked to check her websites, e-mails... and besides, it wasn't like she had anything better to do. Glancing around, she caught snippets of other people's screens.

A matchmaking service? She rolled her eyes. These people had to be really desperate to resort to using I.T to get some... but it could be amusing to see the outcome of it all. Shrugging, Elise logged on and began to type.

Name: Elise Aversano
Birthday: March 31st
Bloodtype: ...no idea.
Height: 5'3
Weight:
Gender Preference: Guys. And, if possible, cute Japanese guys.
Extra Curricular Activities: Main school choir.
Hobby: Playing video games, webdesign, making fun of the male gender as a whole.
Dislikes: Early mornings, guys, normal pop music, waiting.

Feeling that putting her weight would hold too much influence on the results, Elise left it blank, hoping people would assume she'd just forgotten to put it in. Smirking slightly, she filled in the rest and hit 'send'.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0377 seconds · Archive