Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (12) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Afterlife, ...a satire of sorts...
Slayer
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 12:39 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Alan heard this and turned around on his stool. "I sure didn't. You think I expected to get a bullet between the eyes? But looking back, I guess I kinda ran right into it." he laughed slightly and went back to his drink. Personally, he was surprised at the events unfolding after he died. He definitely wasn't expecting Jacob to survive getting shot four times and then shoot Uriel's head off.
riserugu
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 12:42 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

A thoughtful look passed over Edward’s face at the question, twisting in his seat a little… “I can’t say I did, bleeding to death from a gunshot wound you didn’t know about isn’t the most wonderful thing in the world. Namely knowing I could have done something about if I had noticed I had been shot there sooner, Knowing me I figured I’d go down taking the hit for someone else, you know? Knight in shining armor type.”

Grinning lightly to himself, he pulled his arms above his head stretching a bit before resting in his seat again. “Then again, I suppose bleeding to death is a lot better than some of the others went through, collars exploding or where killed in an accident. Though I suppose anything is better than being caught and killed by one of those crazies they got running about the island, namely the one with the meat cleaver.”

Shuddering, he found himself taking a quick glance at the newest person to join the ranks of the afterlife, a young man by the man of Jimmy. Edward had been present when they showed his death, but he didn’t say around to watch to much of it… “I’m just happy I went in one piece, and it wasn’t that bad.”

Edward found himself grinning lightly at Alan's comment, shrugging some. "Yeah, you did run into it. I was there when it happened - though your former two allies are holding up quite nicely it seems."
Lien
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 02:48 AM

;_;

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 15

Kichiro sat there, his brow furrowed in thought.

"I don't know... I had that hope, that we would get out. Maybe someone would save us, or we'd get the better of Danya. Alas, I suppose maybe the only way to get out of the game is to die...."

Venka just ignored the question, taking large sips of her drink as she watched the game like it was some soap opera. She took the remote from Kichiro and started flipping through channels, screaming as she saw the mess Blaine Eno had made.
Slayer
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 02:51 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

"Yeah, though I can't wait until someone takes Jacob down. Hey Ed, want to make a bet on who will be the one to do it? My money's on either Jackson or Dodd." Alan replied, looking up at the television to check the status of the others.
Lien
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 02:54 AM

;_;

Venka and Kichiro uttered the same name, grimly.

"Cillian."
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 03:21 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Without any warning, a head popped out from between Venka and Kichiro, startling the both of them. The head belonged to Arturo Villamor, who had a big grin on his face.

"Betting? Someone talking about betting? I've got, well...money riding on Cillian to kill at least four more people before he dies. I mean, he's already got a couple to his name...I know because I'm one of them. Creepy bastard. I swear, I'm going to make him buy me a drink when he comes walzting in here. Getting disemboweled sure as hell ain't fun."

Art glanced at Lipson, who had chuckled a little at the comment.

"I can imagine. But yeah, man...my money as for who takes down Jacob Starr? Honestly, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Garrett Langston. I don't know why, I just see Jacob fucking up and BANG, in he walks."

Art looked at him with an odd expression on his face.

"Langston? Hell no, bro. It's going to be Cillian, Hawley, or Dodd. That's what I'd put my money on, anyways."

As Venka screamed, both boys looked at the TV and winced when they saw what was left of Jimmy Moreland. The poor boy had walked in moments earlier, and thanks to the wonderful magic of time-delay television, one could rewind, fast forward and such through it.

"Bro, that's gross," was all that Art could manage to get out.

Lien
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 03:49 AM

;_;

"Guys," Venka said a little uncomfortably, "What'll happen if Cillian dies? Will he...?"

Kichiro shook his head, "It's hard to figure out how this place works, and even if you did, it wouldn't matter much. It's too cool."
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 03:54 AM

Andrew laughed, and took another drink out of his fruit punch. Cool was indeed a word to describe it. All they needed was Ray Charles in the corner playing the piano and it would be the absolute epitome of cool. As Lipson thought a bit, Art grabbed the remote away from Venka and flipped through a couple of channels. Finally, he stopped it at Jacob Starr and his group.

"Hey, shit...looks like Jacob's got himself a little posse. Wonder if anyone's gonna be able to stop them now. They're pretty well armed, actually. I really don't think anyone else is that well armed at all, eh? Two pistols and a shotgun? Not too shabby..."
riserugu
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 04:10 AM

just another daydream...

When Venka screamed Edward’s eyes casted upward too the TV screen only to find himself quickly burying his face into his hands at the sight. Personally he couldn’t stand to watch the sight of other people dying… his weird feeling twisting in his gut when he did, and a rather sick feeling passing over him.

Parting his fingers somewhat he shuddered at the sight still on the screen, “I went to school with him… it’s so weird to seeing him trying to dismember someone while their still alive, torturing and mocking them in the slow death.”

Turning in his seat he glanced off toward the newly appeared Art, listening between him and Andrew as they talked about who would be the one too take down Jacob Starr. He leaning back in his seat somewhat as he thought over the names spoke, perking up a little when Garrett’s name was mentioned, “Garrett’s got a chance, he’s got my lucky jacket.” He mused, grinning turning back around.

“As for what happens when people like Cillian dies… well, everyone who had problems either mentally or physically seemed to have been fixed, So… maybe it’ll be the same for when he dies. And he’ll come here just… a normal kid.” Edward said with a shrug, watching as Art liberated the remote from Venka coming across a channel, Jacob coming on the screen and Ed making an annoyed sound under his breath.

“Personally the only thing I’m curious about is why the guy hasn’t killed over from blood loss, or even from those wounds in his chest.” Reaching over, he took onto himself and took the remote from Art, flipping channels till stopping. “Seems the Dodd search party have came across someone…” He muttered, grinning as he watched the actions of the David kid. “It’s really shoot first then ask questions with him isn’t it?”
Lien
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 04:18 AM

;_;

"No kidding," Kichiro laughed, "seems so fake. But what do I know? I didn't even notice my sister! Hey, Amanda's thinking about Adam too. Maybe your friend will get to have a romance before he goes, eh Andrew?"

Venka toddled off, walking over to meet with August and Helena. "I'm tired of hearing about death, I'm going to go have some fun."
riserugu
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 04:24 AM

just another daydream...

((Hrm. I suppose I could play Helena and August since orangeflamingo is no longer with us. If no minds of course... ))
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 04:28 AM

((Sounds okay to me.))
Lien
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 04:29 AM

;_;

((Totally, I'll take one of them though.))
riserugu
Posted: Aug 6 2005, 06:21 AM

just another daydream...

((Well I wrote for both, but take one if you want.))

For a little while, it was hard being the first person to die. And during that time Helena Van Garret hardly understand anything that was happening around her, she just knew she one minute she was staring down the figure of Hawley Faust. Blood spilling from her from the wounds from his weapon in her thigh, the first one given in her belly.

It had all been rather quick really, now that she thought back on it. Her death, she never figured at this age she’d be thinking about such a thing… but that’s destiny it far from anything but cruel at times. And seeing that only some time had passed, it was still a clear picture to her, her senses able to revisit every feeling, and emotion going through at the time.

The rocks in the dirt digging into her knees, all the blood staining her dress a sick color of red only small patches of orange and floral pattern left to see. Her hands cupping at her stomach trying to shot the blood flow, but it just wouldn’t stop no matter how hard she pushed… at then light someone flipping a light-switch everything went dark.

Helena had only been alone for a little while, still trying to take all this in… after all wasn’t heaven supposed to be fluffy clouds with people flying around in togas, and playing harps. Guess everyone’s view where different, and she figured she’d be alone for the rest of her after-life, besides the random waiter-people wondering the building.

…That is till another boy she didn’t recognize as anyone from Barry Coleson walked in, and slowly the once empty place began to fill as the TVs helped keep the informed off all the deaths happening about the island. As well as what the living was up too and thinking at that moment, and as time continued to press on, and her personality slowly begun to change as well she noted. Of the students she had remembered harming (and even those she hadn’t) from her school, she felt the need to walk up to them and apologize for her actions in life.

And doing so gave her this new view on life… well afterlife. And when Day One on the island came to an end, and Day Two began Helena’s new goal was locating her friend; August Masbeth. Once indeed finding the girl (she having paired up with a Terry Woodward) she had made sure to check up whenever given the chance to change the channel.

The sickness that washed over her when she managed to change it the afternoon of the second day only to discover that she was watching her own friend… a friend more like a sister. Being killed on the TV screen before her, killed by the same young man who had so ruthlessly done her in so many people ago.

And even though it seems wrong to admit, she was happy when August walked through those doors and she was able to speak with her friend again. Though at the moment, both sat quietly at a table away from everyone else. Helena still donned in her sundress though without the blood, August wearing her outfit complete with a jacket she didn’t remember the girl owning. Her usually covered right arm, not covered by bandages anymore as August discovered shortly after coming her that the burn scars where no longer there.

Taking a small sip of the soda before her, Helena took a glance to August as she cradled a mug of warm tea in her hands, staring blankly into the liquid reflection of herself. Smiling softly, she glanced off toward where some where crowded up at the bar she catching only a few words but from what she could guess it had to do with betting that had became popular amongst the group as of late.

Hearing Hawley’s name she frowned sighing, and returning to her friend, “What do you think, of this whole new turnover for Hawley?”

August glanced up, a similar frown on her face as she shook her head. “He still murdered in cold blood, yes Terry and I can be put off as self-defense, and Venka was an accident. But he killed you without any reason beyond hate…”

“Yeah.” Helena returned nodding, taking a long swallow of her drink, she supposed this was all natural who those of them that had been murdered the dark feelings they had toward their killers. She knew Edward was similar, but he was too happy and hyper all the time to really tell.

It was the same with others… when this whole death thing set in, it was almost like you weren’t died at all.
Lien
Posted: Aug 7 2005, 06:00 AM

;_;

"You guys doing alrigt?" Venka asked the two as she took a seat across from them. She sensed something was up.

"Still hooked on Hawley?"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other RPing | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (12) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0618 seconds · Archive