Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shotguns
guitarjack87
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 04:36 PM

This is the field where soul meets body

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Shotguns shoot a bunch of BB's. It would be so much cooler if the players with the shotguns and the characters who are getting shot at by the shotguns would use them right. If all the shotguns do is shoot slugs, then all they would be is a glorified pistol that cant shoot more than a couple shots in a row. Please. use them right. That means no more dodging the shotgun bullets, having them graze your skin. Even if you jump out of the way of the brunt of the shotgun blast, you are still getting several BB's in you.
Slayer
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 04:46 PM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

The downside to that is that that pretty much makes it so getting shot at by a shotgun equals instant death. I'm all for realism, but if you're inevitably going to lose against a shotgun user, what's the point of fighting them?
Kaishi
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 05:45 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Member No.: 1

This is a semi-good point, and very valid. If they described it as shells this whole time, then it's shells, unless they magically find other ammunition. It's really the writers fault, more or less, and how they handle the weapon. Really, people should've researched their weapons and the like to know how their shotguns shoot. Not all shotguns shoot scatter shots, y'know. ;)
The thing is, you just need to get crafty against shotgun users. As Mr. Danya'd say...
"Fight with a gusto! Charge headfirst...tackle the shotgun user. Throw things at them, get the weapon out of their hands. That's when you strike after throwing your own weapon at their hands to make them drop the shtogun. If you're unsuccessful, you're pretty much dead. But, if you're successful, maybe you'll even kill the shotgun user! :P"

The owner of shotgun characters (I believe there's only two here at the moment) also need to take note of other people, and think about how they're shooting. The average roleplayer, unfortunately, wouldn't like to be hit by a shotgun full on, so the roleplayer of the shotgunneer needs to keep that in mind and maybe have their character miss purposely, or something like that. Really, shotguns aren't almighty. There's always a way to defeat someone, even shotgunneers!! Just get crafty, creative...all that jazz. :P
The point of fighting them would be adding to the roleplaying experience. If you're going to just duck and hide from shotgunneers, fine, do that, whatever. If you're gonna run away from them, then do that. Use common sense with the roleplay, aswell. Get into the head of your character. I know for a fact that if I only had a useless knife and I was about to fight a kid whom had a shotgun, I would run. Fast.

Shotguns aren't the only weapons being used a little incorrectly, mind you. So don't blame everything on the owner of the shotgun characters. People have got to use common sense and start getting crafty. Get your arm blown off by the shotgun to save yourself from death! I'd much rather have my arm missing than to die a horrible death. Make sacrifices. All that jazz. :lol:
Sephy
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 05:48 PM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

BR MOVIE SPOILERS

Kiriyama gets shotgunned in the BR movie and it barely makes a dent in his neck

END BR MOVIE SPOILERS

edt: added spoiler warnings jsut in case no ones seen the movie :P
Slayer
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 05:48 PM

I highly doubt there's anything on the island that'll stop a kid with their arm blown of from bleeding to death, so I disagree on how that can be a way to survive. Also, you have to remember that most of Kawad's shot hit Kiriyama's collar.
guitarjack87
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 05:56 PM

the point is the shotgun IS almost instant death. That is why it is probobly the most coveted weapon in the game, followed closely by automatic weapons.
Slayer
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 05:59 PM

I guess it's also why those two are the rarest weapons, since the kid who gets one is nearly unbeatable.

d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 06:36 PM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Note to self - remember how weapons work when you roleplay gun fights.

Sorry guys, I should know this, I've fired many a shotgun before in real life (gotta love the target shooting at the cottge in the bush) and I know how ridiculous those things chew up pop cans. But Kaishi is right, many shotguns fire differently, so...*shrug*

Sorry. *blush*
guitarjack87
Posted: Jul 23 2005, 04:16 AM

Just depent on whether you fire slugs or buckshot shells. I guess shotgun users will have to specify which ammo they are using
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | RP Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0229 seconds · Archive