Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Movies
riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 01:45 AM

just another daydream...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20

So, to add more to our general discussion. Anyone seen any good movies lately or have some favorite movies of all time?

Lately I've been watching alot of Japanese movies, because my husband's friend got them for me when he went and visted Japan. So here are my favorites at the moment;

Akakage
All About Lily Chou-Chou
Aoi Haru (Blue Spring)
Konkuriito (Concrete)
Akashia no Michi
About Love
Rokkazu (Rockers)
Shura Yukihime (The Princess Blade)
What Are We Waiting For? Vol. 2

And for some reason... all but one of those movies either have Tsukamoto Takashi, or Takaoka Sosuke in them. :P Hmm. Shows you where my fandom lays.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 07:49 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

Favourite all-time movie is Memento, starring Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, Callum Keith Rennie, and Stephen Toblowsky, directed by the insanely good Christopher Nolan.

Some of my other favourites are Guy Ritchie's two hits, Snatch, with Jason Statham, Dennis Farina, Vinnie Jones, Brad Pitt among others, and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, also starring Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones, Dexter Fletcher, Nick Moran, and Jason Flemyng.

Also a big fan of the James Cameron-directed Aliens, with Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Paul Reiser, Lance Henriksen, et al.

Not to mention L.A. Confidential, Curtis Hanson's little venture many years before 8 Mile, with a killer cast - Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Danny DeVito, James Cromwell, Kim Basinger (in her best supporting actress role), and it's got Paul Guilfoyle in like the tiniest of cameo roles.

Then of course, we've got The Usual Suspects. Can't remember who directed that, but when you put Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne in a movie together, you can't go wrong. Also with Stephen "Celebrity Mole" Baldwin, Kevin Pollack, Pete Posthlewaite, and Chazz Palmintieri.

One of my other favourites is Manhunter, the (in my opinion) superior version of Red Dragon. Directed by Dino de Laurientis, it starred William L. Petersen, Tom Noonan, and Dennis Farina.

Then a guilty pleasure is Mars Callahan's Poolhall Junkies. This pool movie had Mars Callahan, Christopher Walken (my favourite actor of all-time), Chazz Palminteri, Rod Steiger (in his last role), and Michael Rosenbaum.

My most recent addition to any semblance of top-20 list that I'd have would be Collateral, the Michael Mann directed psychological thriller-ish movie that Jamie Foxx was nominated for his best supporting actor role. It also starred Tom Cruise, Mark Ruffalo, Bruce McGill, Vivica A. Fox, and had a cameo from Jason Statham.

Now that you can all tell I'm a movie nerd (recited that info off the top of my head, yyyyyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!), I'm going to go now.
riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 07:57 AM

just another daydream...

:blink:

Woah.

.... Hmm. Well you sure are a movie nerd. :lol: Though that's a good thing, I'm one myself but I don't quite rank with you.

Though Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was a great movie.

Jason Flemyng is one of my favorite actors of all time. I have a thing for red-haired men with accents. :rolleyes:

Collateral was a great movie too, I was watching it the other week. To me it's one of those, you kinda have to sit there and watch the whole thing because you have to see what happens next.

Course I was late to work, but it was worth it.
orangeflamingo
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 07:59 AM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Jason Flemyng is one of my favorite actors of all time. I have a thing for red-haired men with accents.  :rolleyes:

Which is probably the reason you married one, huh ducks?
Sephy
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 08:27 AM

The admin's favourite sextoy.

Member No.: 18

Akakage

AKA Red Shadow? I lvoe that movie, Masanobu Ando is sooo hot

my fave movies of all time are:

Moon Child
Ichi the Killer
Battle Royale
Red Shadow
Labyrinth
the Rocky Horror Picture Show
Velvet Goldmine
Oresama
BeetleJuice
OldBoy
Ringu 0

Ghost in the Shell
Perfect Blue
Ninja Scroll
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 08:41 AM

I was so surprised with how good Collateral was. At first I figured it'd be one of those "I'm Tom Cruise, I'm ACTING!" movies, but I was so impressed with Jamie Foxx, and even cruise was good. I just love how they used music in that movie...like, mainly the entire scene from when they see the foxes on the road, all up until the crash. Love it.

riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 08:46 AM

just another daydream...

Hen. Collateral, and Interview with the Vampire are probably the only two movies I can really sit down and watch again that have Tom Cruise in it. I mean, he's had a couple of good ones though those are all movies from a good couple of years ago. But I can't stand most of them...

Though from what some people have said, War of the Worlds looks promising. H.G. Wells is one of my favorite authors, so it better well be.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 08:51 AM

Yeah, Cruise is just barely watchable in Minority Report, which I did not mind at all, but aside from that, you've got a point.

I must say though, I've got to watch a couple more recent Jamie Foxx movies, because he impressed the hell out of me. I have yet to see Ray...(I work in a video store, too, so I get movies for free...yeesh...)

War of the Worlds doesn't look bad, if only just to see Tim Robbins playing an unkempt shotgun-wielding dude. :D
riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:02 AM

just another daydream...

:ph43r:;;
Hush you.

I've yet to see Moon Child, or Ichi the Killer. Though I want to badly.

And also, for all you yaoi fans here on the board. The one DVD I mentioned What Are We Waiting For? Vol. 2, it's has both Tsukamoto Takashi (B19 Mimura Shinji) and Yamamoto Taro (B5 Kawada Shougo) in it. And between them there are some shounen-ai-ness untones, and this is a list of about all that happens. Which most of it is just rather funny...

-Takashi and Taro in Yukatas.
-Takashi's rather desperate seduction of Taro including random crotch shot (covered of course!! though I did have to watch this part twice, because the first time it happened I had what we like to call a "WTF" moment, and had to make sure I saw what I saw), sexy beer drinking, chasing him round a table, glomping and alot of scary grinning.
-Takashi straddling Taro while giving him a chest massage and the dodgy noises they both make.
-Takashi calling Taro 'Senpai!' in a cute voice.
-Takashi opening his top to show Taro his chest.
-Taro wrestling with ISSA from DaPUMP.
-Taro in his boxers scaring ISSA.
-Takashi pouting when Taro runs away.
-Taro taking a bath ---- and seeing his cute behind not once, but twice.
-Takashi giving Taro a pair of underpants for his Christmas present.
-Takashi with his arm around Taro, holding his hand.
-Taro pushing Takashi back into their room and going all seme.

So if you like shounen-ai, the laughs, or one (or both) of these actors this is something worth seeing.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:06 AM

QUOTE (riserugu @ Jul 14 2005, 09:02 AM)

:ph43r:;;

Hush you.

I've yet to see Moon Child, or Ichi the Killer. Though I want to badly, and also, for all you yaoi fans here on the board. The one DVD I mentioned What Are We Waiting For? Vol. 2, it's has both Tsukamoto Takashi (B19 Mimura Shinji) and Yamamoto Taro (B5 Kawada Shougo) in it. And between them there are some slashy untones, and this is a list of about all that happens. Which most of it is just rather funny...

-Takashi and Taro in Yukatas.
-Takashi's rather desperate seduction of Taro including random crotch shot (covered of course!! though I did have to watch this part twice, because the first time it happened I had what we like to call a "WTF" moment, and had to make sure I saw what I saw), sexy beer drinking, chasing him round a table, glomping and alot of scary grinning.
-Takashi straddling Taro while giving him a chest massage and the dodgy noises they both make.
-Takashi calling Taro 'Senpai!' in a cute voice.
-Takashi opening his top to show Taro his chest.
-Taro wrestling with ISSA from DaPUMP.
-Taro in his boxers scaring ISSA.
-Takashi pouting when Taro runs away.
-Taro taking a bath ---- and seeing his cute behind not once, but twice.
-Takashi giving Taro a pair of underpants for his Christmas present.
-Takashi with his arm around Taro, holding his hand.
-Taro pushing Takashi back into their room and going all seme. (sadly we don't get to see what they do in there ;_;)

I think this is where my general 'plain-white-guy-with-no-culture-canadian-ness' shows though, and I go....

...huh?
riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:09 AM

just another daydream...

:lol:

Oh, don't worry to much about it then duckie. Most of that is just for my own yaoi fangirl amusement.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:13 AM

*shakes his head as the whole topic flies overhead*

Yeah, I got nothing.

Except a cough...*grumbles*

Another great movie would have to be Shawshank Redemption. Of course. :)
riserugu
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:16 AM

just another daydream...

*patpat*

Hrm. Clockwork Orange is another good, though quite overall creepy, movie I love to watch.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:23 AM

I dunno, I tried getting into both the book and the movie and there was just something about it that didn't really appeal to me all that much. I don't know...*shrug*

Kuze
Posted: Jul 14 2005, 09:37 PM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

I just finished watching Falling down oh the violence the unadertrated Violence

and my faverite movies are
Falling Down
Jistastu Sakaruu (Suicide Circle)
Ringu
Ju-on:The Grudge
Battle royale
The Breakfast Club
oh Ju-on:The curse and well one missed call was decent
and more that i cant think of at the moment
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0310 seconds · Archive