Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pre-Game Survey, Please take!
Megami
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 09:49 PM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Hello, and welcome to Meg's Pre-Game Survey #1. If you're reading this, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to look this over and (hopefully) fill it out, as your opinions have the ability to change the course of the pre-game section of this roleplay. Pre-Game has gone rather stagnant as of late, and instead of being active -- as it should be -- we see maybe 10 posts a week. That, my friends, is not good. I'd like to get to the bottom of the mystery as to why Pre-Game is slowly imploding upon itself and hopefully correct it, and for that, I need your help. Please fill out the below questions honestly -- you won't be punished for stating your opinion or anything of that nature. We have to know what you really think in order to improve upon anything, so please don't feel the need to sugar-coat things. Thanks for taking the time to participate in this survey, your patronage to the website is appreciated!

Question #1: Please rate Pre-Game on a scale of 1-10, 1 being that you aren't enjoying it, 10 being that you're having a blast.

Question #2: Which ideas and aspects of the SOTF Pre-Game do you like?

Question #3: Which ideas and aspects of the SOTF Pre-Game do you dislike/would you like to see changed?

Question #4: What would pique your interest in Pre-Game and make you want to roleplay there?

Question #5: Do you have any new ideas or concepts that you'd like to see incorporated into Pre-Game? If so, please let us know here!

Question #6: Undisclosed members have brought up the fact that there is very little "gray area" in terms of our handlers. Posts are either short and sweet or six pages long. Do you feel pressured to post either enormous posts or stick to roleplaying with new members?

Question #7: Do you have any propositions on how we could close this gap between roleplayers, or how we could create more of a gray area in between?

Question #8: Rate your interest in the character list for Version 2 as a whole on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.

Question #9: Rate your interest in the current storylines going on as a whole in the V2 Pre-Game on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.

Question #10: What would make the characters and storylines more interesting and/or appealing to you?

Once again, I ask that you please answer these questions truthfully. Don't feel like you can't be honest because it might make someone mad. If we don't know what the problem is, we can't solve it. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time and making an effort to complete this survey. Once again, your patronage to the website is highly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to do this for me, I hope it'll help spice up pre-game a bit.
Theseus
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 09:57 PM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

Question #1: Please rate Pre-Game on a scale of 1-10, 1 being that you aren't enjoying it, 10 being that you're having a blast.

I'm going to rate it a 6 just because I LOVED pre-game when it was active but since it slowed down there's not much to love

How we have a bunch of different locations to hang out at like the amusement park or even a hospital.

Question #3: Which ideas and aspects of the SOTF Pre-Game do you dislike/would you like to see changed?

Umm....there really isn't anything I dislike about pre-game....I don't like how it is so inactive right now though.

Question #4: What would pique your interest in Pre-Game and make you want to roleplay there?

If it became a lot more active plus if maybe some big event happened to give everyone a sort of general storyline to follow so that people struggling with ideas will have one.

Question #5: Do you have any new ideas or concepts that you'd like to see incorporated into Pre-Game? If so, please let us know here!

Not at the current time but I'll be thinking of some.

Question #6: Undisclosed members have brought up the fact that there is very little "gray area" in terms of our handlers. Posts are either short and sweet or six pages long. Do you feel pressured to post either enormous posts or stick to roleplaying with new members?

Umm...I sort of feel a little pressure to write a long awesome post, but that's just because I find myself RP'ing with great RP'ers and I am always wanting to strive to improve my writing, so it's not bad pressure.

Question #7: Do you have any propositions on how we could close this gap between roleplayers, or how we could create more of a gray area in between?

There isn't really too much that can be done....people I guess RP with other handlers they are comfortable RP'ing with and we can't like force a new RP'er to RP with an experienced person

Question #8: Rate your interest in the character list for Version 2 as a whole on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.

Definately an 8. I think we have an incredible cast of characters in Version 2 and I am looking forward to seeing them evolve and what not.

Question #9: Rate your interest in the current storylines going on as a whole in the V2 Pre-Game on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.

I'm going to have to say 7. There are some really good story lines going on that are just amazing, then there are some that aren't as great, but overall most of the storylines are really interesting.

Question #10: What would make the characters and storylines more interesting and/or appealing to you?

Umm....I guess I'm getting a little tired of all the cliche people coming in. I mean it's good at first because obviously we need a little cliche in my opinion but I mean I have yet to hear of a catholic school where everyone is gay and in a gang lol :-D I'm not being mean to the handlers, I think that it's a unique idea realy that can make for some REALLY good storylines, but I think if people continue to add on to this then this RP will turn more into a warriors game then a Battle Royale RP.
Shula
Posted: Sep 22 2006, 12:27 AM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 144

What's this, I'm still among the living? anyway, yeah.

I'd give it about a 7...because it's good, but I never have time to actually do anything <.<

the sheer variety of it, and that handlers don't have to wait until the actual game to play

I can't really think of anything off hand

personally, my lack of playing there is more a case of "college killed my internet life" than me not wanting to

Nothing that hasn't been brought up and discussed already

it is awkward to post something drastically different in length if there's a thread full of a certain length already, but I don't see why there should be such a gap.

There are already writing guides to read as far as helping to write (which generally turns posts longer, in my opinion) but I'm not a fan of minimum (or maximum) post limits.

Honestly, I'd give it about a 4. Tops. At least the ones that I have read the bios for (which was basically all of them up until a few weeks ago...so this could be off) I saw one "ohno! Am I gay!?!?!?" character after another. or else someone who's questioning their sexuality, or, whenever a handler tries to buck the system, a character who is DEFINITELY straight and has NEVER thought about being gay and...there really ARE other characteristics to focus on in real life, but I haven't found them in-game yet.

[I]again a 4 or a 5...there are jsut too many for me to keep up with. The ones I DO read, I like...But like I've been saying, college killed my internet time.

The stoylines so far (as I've read) are awesome...and I've already mentioned my qualms with the characters.

Hope I'm at least of some help. ^^
laZardo
Posted: Sep 22 2006, 02:38 AM

Unregistered

Jul 2006 - 8, Aug 2006 - 6, Current - 4

The fact that there were so many opportunities (i.e. given the pace back then, there were many opportunities) to expand and develop the character before he/she's sent to some isolated location to battle to the death.

Again, I currently don't see anything wrong with the concept as it stands, rather it's more of the inactivity of many of the members.

See #2-3.

Not at the moment, I haven't seen the current ones fully utilized yet.

Yes to both, and very much so. I did not suspect that not only did their poses crush the screen, but that they would do so with such consistency that it overwhelms even MU* veterans such as myself.

I would recommend making poses more "efficient," not necessarily shortening them but simply adding more substance. Of course this would contradict with the suggestion that the characters express their thoughts, since the character they are conversing with beating the living daylights out of are clearly not psychic or clairvoyant in any sense.

3, I'm sorry to say that I czn pretty much classify both mine and other characters into probably not more than 5-7 different archetypes. I can only hope that their individual reaction to the game will differ as time flies.

6, definitely more variety than #8.

I'd like to get some elaboration on the traumatic effect faced by characters that had previously left the SOTF incident alone, thinking that it wouldn't happen to them. I would especially love to see the wealthier, "independent" students let loose on the island without all their precious resources and see how that messes with their mind.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Pregame Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0368 seconds · Archive