Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Valentyn Syndicate, A gang of sorts
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 08:59 AM

Moskau, Moskau, Throw your glasses at the wall.

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

My new character Toby is leading a syndicate, Run by richer kids, however the middle/lower class kids are also in it(For the dough), Think of it as a mob of sorts, except no guns, murder, etc.

Using stuff like Bats, planks, etc.
Forcing others to pay protection(As opposed to the common protection, they will however actually protect, and keep them from paying anyone else)
Most violence will be performed off school grounds(To make them look like an innocent clique)

I know this adds to the gang thing, which won't stop growing, but I wanted to make a Mafia style gang.

Edit: Okay, since the arguements over I am listening to your comments, I am no longer localizing the gang, and to take some weight off of Bathurst' shoulders I'm moving Toby to gilroy, seeing as I haven't RP'd him yet, if you want to complain about this go to megs thread, please,

This Thread is for recruitment, please, post HERE if you wish to complain about this, I will shift over, and look at CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, so if you want me to bother reading your complaints for me to approve upon do it diplomatically, TURN CAPS LOCK OFF, be reasonable, and please save hostillity for V2. as Kaishi stated in the RULES while I admit I can argue like a primate, I try not to.
laZardo
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 01:51 PM

Unregistered

Does the gang consist exclusively of Bathurstians? Because I need to give Marvin Hendrick more stuff to do outside of Gilroy and I think maybe he could prove useful (in mouthing off at least...)
Xaldien
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 08:47 PM

Face to face, my lovely foe

Member No.: 148

And if Marvin is added in... so should Kirstey.
Sure, your character would have QUITE the time getting her to join (unless you add in Hendricks' name) but... it should make things interesting.
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 05:22 AM

Well, Sure why not? Though this isn't really an average street gang(Formed of rich kids) I haven't seen any Official Mafia like gangs.
Xaldien
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 09:49 PM

Face to face, my lovely foe

Member No.: 148

Well, you can decide whether or not Kristey would be a good player for it.
You can read up on her antics here:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...topic=1097&st=0

And then there's The Hallways section:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/SurvivalOfTheF...?showtopic=1124
Slayer
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 01:17 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 28

Wouldn't the whole point of a "Bathurst Syndicate" be that it's Bathurst students only?
Cycokiller
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 02:20 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (I-eat-cute-animals @ Sep 10 2006, 05:22 AM)
Well, Sure why not? Though this isn't really an average street gang(Formed of rich kids) I haven't seen any Official Mafia like gangs.

...that would be because it's a HIGHSCHOOL. No offense to any of the participating parties (including myself), but this whole gang snaffoo <--(haha 'snaffoo', that's cute!) is getting out of hand. Please, please, no more gangs after this one!
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 03:19 AM

Well yeah, but I've seen afew rich kids form organized gangs though, they're mostly impersonating video games, I figure, can't beat 'em join 'em.
Cycokiller
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 03:32 AM

Playing

Yes, I'm afraid that's quite true. I can only hope we forego this idiocy in v3. Would anybody be up for a streetgang-style or perhaps organized crime-style RP in the Alternate RP section? Because after that Metal Gear Solid snaffoo (hahahaha...) I'm a little iffy about starting another one.
Queen Asshat
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 08:19 PM

THE ASSHAT QUEEN!

Group: Guide Moderator
Member No.: 66

Well Cyco, what I would do is just do it and see peoples reaction towards it, at the end of the day what's the worse that can happen? Nobody posts.

My feelings towards this is pretty indifferent, my initial observation is that v2 is going to be filled with mainly two things: Fags and Gangs. Hopefully a lot of the characters that are participating in the gangs currently get weeded out in the approval process, but for now we can just let people like IECA give it a whirl and see if he can do it properly.

Because what's the worst that can happen? He can't do it properly (worsed case scenario, not saying this will happen) and the gang has little effect on v2 and the characters in the gang.

Besides everyone flocked towards this gang idea for a reason, maybe IECA will show us what that reason is.
Cycokiller
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 11:53 PM

Playing

There's a reason? Nobody ever tells me anything. And I'll do a poll first. Look for it..in...the...(shit)...poll!...erm, section!

*totters off*
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 12:54 AM

I'm playing with the Idea cause it's attracted alot of interest, I don't plan on putting uhh, Toby in SOTF, I'm just seeing what's so special about running around with a barbedwire bat pretending you're part of Double Dragon(Best beat 'em up ever) If anything, he'll get deported.(Uhh, now's a good time to say that I do not give a shit about immigration Honestly, what's it called when the military does it?)
Slayer
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 01:00 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

Getting in a fight =/= pretending you're in Double Dragon. As I've said before though, I don't see why it's caught on so much, I guess people just thought it'd be an interesting perspective or something.
Megami
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 02:16 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

And it was, until it took over the entire board. Makes Bathurst look like a slummy school. Then again, maybe it is. Who knows? ^.^
I-eat-cute-animals
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 02:27 AM

I guess it's just the Average School may translate to, well, urban, seeing as schools aren't out in the country in a 15 meter in diameter shack, but actually within the city.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Pregame Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0301 seconds · Archive