Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Roles and Parts, After all, it's all one big production
Megami
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 01:32 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Version 1, much like the original Battle Royale, wound up with a select few characters who stood above and beyond the rest. Characters in Version 1 whose focal points we are most aware of include but are not limited to -- Adam Dodd and the "Intrepid Six", Jacob Starr, Cody Jenson, etc. My question to you all is this: who do you believe will rise above and beyond the call of duty in Version 2 to become "key" characters in the game? Potential heroes, villains, alliances, etc. Discuss them here! Who's gonna make it big in V2?
Theseus
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 01:59 AM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

haha yes! Ok well hmmm first off on alliances I want to say the sisterhood! They will definately be a key alliance on the island. The sisterhood will be a very interesting dynamic on the island, seeing how they all work together and stuff.

I can see the rival gangs getting together, but it's hard telling how long they will stay together before they end up turning on each other. But besides the major alliances like that. An alliance I don't think many will think about but will be pretty close is that of Mitch and Cathalie. Theya re definately interesting characters and have a close bond, and I can see them getting in a lot of situations on the island together, and doing anything to protect each other.

As for heroes, I definately see Ricky Callahan stepping up to bat. pun intended :D Ricky in pre-game is a little timid, but I can see him taking charge and taking the role of hero, almost like nanahara. I definately can see him protecting Whitney.

As for villians....anyone from the gangs. Mainly the gang leaders like Alexander Stevens and Seth. I can see them basically just becoming killers and stuff...typical lol.

Now Ali is going to play a major role in my opinion, as for what I'm not quite sure. I don't want to say a villian or a hero, but she is going to play a pretty big role.

In summary, the gangs, the sisterhood, and Ricky and Whitney are going to play major roles.
Cycokiller
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 02:16 AM

Playing

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

From what I've read so far, a couple characters really stand out for me. This isn't to say that I don't think anyone else will play a big role, but these are the most obvious to me, who hasn't read everything.

In no particular order: Walter Smith, Ali Grayston, Maggie Heartgreeder, Mai Oshinari, Adam Amato, Jenna Cassidy, Alexander Stevens. I'd also like to see the trio of Jack Bexley, Elizabeth Waters and Panom Ning~Tom become fairly influential. As for fan favourite Tanesha Lexx, all bets are off. She has the potential to play a key role, but on the other hand she could also become an early death who leaves a big impression. Either way, I think she'll be remembered fairly well. Oh oh and I wanted to say Seth Mattlock as well but nobody's seen head nor tail of Bloody for months! Fuckin' eh!
Megami
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 02:24 AM

Princess of Highland

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Heroes. Let's see. I don't know why, but I've just got this feeling that Ian Rico will be playing a role similar to BR's Hiroki Sugimura. The characters share a lot of the same traits, and I think whatever role Ian takes on -- though I figure it'll be a protector role with his current group of Sofie, Mitch, and Cathalie -- I can say that I think he'll definitely step up to the plate and become a hero. I also see characters like Matthias Kovalenko and Gregg Archer stepping up to the plate and falling into "protector" roles. There are several other characters with lots of hero potential. Vesa Turunen's a mammoth of a guy, I think he may serve as a more dominating, outspoken Marcus Roddy for Version 2. Edgar Judah is set in my mind as the successor to Hawley Faust, so I see him as being a key character in the plot, though more of a gray character or anti-hero. Finally, I see Andrew Panturescu serving as the successor to Adam Dodd, so I'm looking for great things coming from Pants.

Villains. There are numerous potential villain characters, but to be completely honest I think that only a select few of them are going to step up to the plate and go from "island crazy" to full-fledged villain. I see Damien Carter-Madison succumbing to the voices in his head and becoming the SOTF version of Damien Myers, and I can truly say that I look forward to it if that does happen. While I see Eric Silvstedt being a motivator of sorts, I don't particularly see him being an elemental "evil" force on the island. Perhaps he'll take on a role akin to characters like V1's Uriel Hunter or Stevan Hyde. Other potential villains... Mai Oshinari. Pre-game has already exposed that Mai isn't as sweet and innocent as she appears to be, and I get the feeling that she'll rival villains such as the original's Cillian Crowe on the island. I also see Walter Smith being a motivator on the island, as well as perhaps Jonathan Michaels.

Potential Up-and-Comers. There are a lot of characters who have a vast amount of potential and could easily step up and play a major role, but thus far haven't been driven to do so. There are also a lot of characters who were intended for a certain role but throughout the course of pre-game have become no longer suited for that role. It happens. In fact, Ali Grayston was originally designed to be a villain character, but she's become so complex that I can hardly picture her as such anymore. I think she'll play a big role in the upcoming game, but at this point in time even I don't know what it will be. Other characters who've sort of lost their original meaning include Mariavel Varella -- Mariavel seemed to be like a stab at an SOTF Mitsuko Souma until she started in the pre-game roleplay. Now, despite her tragic past, Mariavel seems too timid and happy-go-lucky to be a hardcore villain.

Conclusions. Of course, these are only the most basic of my impressions of Version 2 characters, and obviously I haven't listed them all or my thoughts on all of them, so don't take offense if your character isn't listed above. It isn't because I don't think you have the talent to pull off being a key player in the game -- quite the contrary actually, I think you all have the potential to do so if you desire -- I'm simply stating that from what I've seen in pre-game thus far and what I've read of the character biographies, several of the characters listed above are standouts in their own respects. I'd love for you all to surprise me and cause my views to do a complete 180.
laZardo
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 04:18 AM

Unregistered

I honestly cannot wait for the battle between the rich brats. Walter and Bexley could finally put their alleged rivalry to the lead, while the more bratty ones will probably die whining. Like Marvin.
And I'm not thinking negatively, call it modesty.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 06:52 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

I think Burton Harris'll have some sort of impact. Though what kind, I'm not sure, but that's because I'm drunk.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Pregame Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0298 seconds · Archive