Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

A Side Lesser Shown
riserugu
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 04:32 AM

just another daydream...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20

“But like I said – you’ve got to tell me, and probably remind me a time or two as too when and where it is. Because knowing me, I’d probably forget – like I do everything and make a ton of other plans and be in a complete mess. Though I’m rather good at that kind of thing, huh?” It happened more often than not, causing Gregg to sometimes wonder as to how he became gifted in his academics, athletics, and in the arts let in the area of common life he could be so lacking. Though a majority of the time he usually didn’t have to think that much, only when he was around Ali it seemed that a majority of his thinking process that had to deal with decision happened. Perhaps his lack of real decision making came from not wanting to disappoint anyone – it was a small piece of him he had grown up with, when he had been small it had been something he set in place namely around his father, and so when his father died he couldn’t think but in some way, the toddler at the time figured in some way it was his fault.

He fringed a small smile as he caught sight of his companion’s own smile, moving a small bit of his food about on his plate before going about to finish said meal. Pondering lightly over the choices of movies that where out, trying to think of what would be a good one to watch – he never had been one for movies know that he thought about it, probably the main reason he continued think of anything at this moment. His mind simply running blanks, perhaps he should consider phoning his mother and questioning her on what would be something good. Though as soon as that idea passed through his inner thoughts, he quickly threw it back out remembering the inner rant he had just had with himself a few moments before about his mother and her choice of movies worth watching – least in opinion. And he personally didn’t want to be rude to Ali if she wanted to watch something like that, but she’d have to not care when he drowned himself in the nearest source of water he could locate in a short amount of time.

Gregg really hadn’t noticed he had finished his food, least not till the small clinks he was making against his plate brought him away from his thoughts and brought him back into the real world, at least for a short moment anyway. Glancing downward at said plate before moving to place the piece of silverware along with the others. Bringing one of the extra napkins up, rubbing around his mouth for a brief moment. Before placing the used piece of cloth down alongside the plate. Glancing upward briefly at the girl that sat across from him. Smiling once more, this time for an unknown reason as he took another long drink from his soda, smiling still when he placed the glass back along the table, trying to figure out what had gotten him so oddly giddy all of a sudden.

Suppose it was just that it was because he was in the company of someone he thoroughly enjoyed, not saying he didn’t enjoy the baseball team or his classmates, it was just – Ali was different, perhaps it was because they had known one another for the time that they had. She was one of the main reasons he enjoyed the move to New Jersey from Georgia as much as he did. True, he was leaving a hell of lot behind when he had left the little states some hundreds miles south, but certain people had made it all the better for him, truly letting him know that he’d be able to start new here. And started new he did, though he knew in the back of his mind his real family – least what was left of them where always down there, as was where his mother and father, least where they had been buried. It wasn’t as if he didn’t accepted the family that had taken him in and adopted him close to seven years ago, he called them mom and dad – but he knew that these where his true parents.

Leaning back he watched lightly a bit as Ali went about finishing her dinner, once again, truthfully not enjoying the silence thickening out in the air, but it wasn’t as if he had anything to say or talk about. Hopefully though his lack of speech didn’t get Ali to thinking it was because he wasn’t enjoying himself or because he didn’t want to talk to her at all. Greggory finding himself musing once again though, watching still as she lied her silverware down atop her halfway empty plate, glancing upward toward him, which caused a large grin to break across his lips as he took another sip of his partly emptied drink, placing the glass back down along the tabletop. Glancing over his shoulder, and over where Ali sit, glancing about for the waitress that had taken Cole’s place as their little server for the night, hoping she’d bring the check along.

“Let me pay for this, and we’ll be gone. Then we can go and see if we can find a movie – then I’ll have to go by my house to get my things, and I could meet you back at your house seeing as we don’t live that far apart from one another.”
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Central Mall | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0329 seconds · Archive