Skin created by Kman of GHQ. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

A Heartfelt Thanks
Kaishi
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:16 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

You guys might remember an admin known as Kaishi. She founded a Battle Royale-based roleplaying site a while back. About a year or so ago, roughly on June 12th, 2005. Full of ideas and all sorts of ambition, at first she thought she could handle such a site on her own. But, she couldn't. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed others to keep this site running. The hatred grew to mass amounts, when, selfish beyond belief, she left around August, 2005 time. Then, she returned later on, promising that she would never leave without notice ever again.

Overly energetic and stubborn, Kaishi had been one too many things over-the-top. Sometime in late June, 2006, she accidently fell from her housetop (somehow, I can write that with a straight face). The future of SOTF fell into the hands of the staff team. riserugu, LadyMakaze, d0ddi0slave, Megami, Slayer, Lien (a roleplay guide moderator, but a mod, nonetheless), Theseus, Swoosh, and yes, the whole Survival of the Fittest community, I thank you all for keeping this site alive!

Sure, I'm not 100% my old self yet, and I probably never will be, but I can say with confidence that I'm here now. No more hiding, no more running from SOTF for stupid miscellaneous reasons. I'm your Administrator and that's how things are going to stay. Of course, though, there will be some major improvements to my admin style.

Before, I never had any fun. I don't know if it was ever evident, but it's true. Everything about this site before was work, work, work. Every little detail had to be to perfection, otherwise I'd beat myself up for it. Not only that, but every little detail had to be mine. I couldn't see the other side of it, as empathetic as I believe myself to be. And, meanwhile, I masked it by acting like an extremely happy goofball, dumbing myself down so I could be the "perfect admin" that I always wanted to see and be.

Can you see the flawed thinking? I can, and so can a number of people in my life. From now on, I'm having fun with this. Survival of the Fittest isn't a chore. It's entertainment. I see that now, more than ever before. Like the line in one of my favorite songs of all time: "There's always room for one more mistake." I'm picking myself up from this.

Now, all that being said, I assume you're wondering how far SOTF version two must be. Not far off at all. I'm not going to give out a release date just yet, but I'm just going to say that you may see version two sooner than you'd think. Months of work has been put into it and, man, does it show. Hang onto the edges of your seats, folks.

Hey! In my abscence, quite a few new faces have appeared on the scene. I'd love it if you guys could join me and the rest of the staff team on August 4th at 3PM EST (that's 2PM CST, 12 PST, and 8PM Riser-time [aka Europe, etc.], thanks Dodd!). Of course, the date and times are changeable. If enough people can't make it that day, then the chat will be on August 5th, or, better yet, we'll have two chats. One on August 4th and an encore on August 5th! Sweet.

Oh, and before I forget, sometime today I'll be sending out a mass email warning everyone who has zero posts that they'll be deleted on August 7th unless they get a post in before said date. So, hey you, comatose over there! Get your v2 on and hurry up before you miss all the fun!

I think I'll conclude this by saying... It's great to be back, guys!~
LadyMakaze
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:39 AM

Savage Intent.

Group: 20
Member No.: 32

Well, well, welcome back Kai!

Good to know you're doing better. :) A lot of things have happened and have been happening while you were away.

Unfortunately, on August 4th and the 5th, I will be spending full days at work and will not be present. However, I trust that there will be enough staff and regulars present to inform you of what exactly has been going on.

Wishing you the best. Maka.
d0ddi0slave
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:41 AM

Such a shame that I didn't know by now

Group: 20
Member No.: 29

heh, count me out for the 4th as well...I'm working too, and then afterwards, doing stuff with friends, so...:P

But good to have you back - a lot has happened, and we're almost finished V1! :)
riserugu
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:43 AM

just another daydream...

Member No.: 20

Welcome back indeed, Kaishi.

I believe I speak for a lot of us when I say, It's fucking wonderful to have you back and in better health.

Riser-time? *amused by that*
Thanks for setting up the chat when it's so late at night over here. :D I'll make sure to be there.
Slayer
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:44 AM

K08y0-67cv ;f09358234905h4et9069rghop3490t834000y954y-0hnrgu83ty

Member No.: 28

I think I can make that if AIM decides to get it's ass in gear. Good to see you back Kaishi.
ZigZaggerty
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:46 AM

Janitor Victim

Group: Members
Member No.: 78

Welcome back Kaishi, we all missed you.

And a chat you say? Count me in!
laZardo
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 04:55 AM

Unregistered

Man, how three weeks pass so fast while you're on here.

Welcome back!

I regret to inform you, though, that my "opposite" timezone completely forbids me from logging on to the chat that late at night/early in the morning.

;~; Oh well.

n_n
Kaishi
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 05:09 AM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

Aw, man, LaZardo. What timezone are you on? I can coordinate something so that, at the very least, you and me could talk together.
Megami
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 05:10 AM

Princess of Highland

Member No.: 71

Welcome back Kai! Glad to see you're well!

I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to make the chat or not, but I'll try to at least make an appearance before I leave for work. My apologies.
Kuze
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 05:14 AM

Sysop of the SOTF Wiki

Member No.: 14

Kai...Back?.. It..IS true.. Happy Day! Glad to see that you are feeling better, or at least the Hyper admin who always pulled through in the end.

The Chats... I might make it on If I'm not playing World of Warcraft (I swear that game is like crack).

And to quote Riser "Wootwoot"
laZardo
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 05:34 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Kaishi @ Aug 2 2006, 01:09 PM)
Aw, man, LaZardo. What timezone are you on? I can coordinate something so that, at the very least, you and me could talk together.

Saight. To get my times, just flip the AMs to PMs. My schedule really varies with my current college schedule but for safety purposes, I'll be on in the late afternoons in my time this weekend.
Cycokiller
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 06:52 AM

Playing

Member No.: 94

Awww...that was touching. Welcome back, Kai!

And a chat, eh? You're on, ya punkass bitch. 3 pm it is. Don't leave town.
Theseus
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 12:34 PM

There are many sides to a story

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 34

Hey Kai welcome back! I'm glad your back and running and feeling better! As for the chat I don't think I'll be able to make it, I work a full day on Friday and my grandma is taking me to her house for the weekend where there is no internet connection. *dies*
mitsuko2
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 12:45 PM

Amanda loves you!

Member No.: 115

Kaishi!!!!!!!!! I missed you!!!! Welcome back! I'm so glad that you're feeling better. Hm.... The chat on the 4th I probobly can't make, but the 5th I can. I'll try to be there.

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU"VE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ending annoyingly happy mode now :P)
Kaishi
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 10:42 PM

KUZE & PANDA 4EVER

I'm going to add on what I mentioned in the bulk email here...

The chatroom will be on AIM, and will be called "SOTF Killfest Chat". You can invite yourselves in, or IM me at "SoraKHLovey" and I'll invite you in. ;)

And thanks for the warm welcomes all. :)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0271 seconds · Archive