Title: Weird Habits
Megami - August 25, 2006 01:33 AM (GMT)
Just to get a discussion going on the forum that doesn't involve roleplaying in some way, shape, or form... do any of you have any weird of bizarre habits that most people don't do?
For example, my step-sister and I both squash our hamburgers before we eat them. I don't know where either of us picked it up or why we do it, but I swear, they taste better when they're squished!
LadyMakaze - August 25, 2006 03:28 AM (GMT)
|QUOTE (Megami @ Aug 24 2006, 06:33 PM)|
| For example, my step-sister and I both squash our hamburgers before we eat them. I don't know where either of us picked it up or why we do it, but I swear, they taste better when they're squished! |
Sorry Megster, but that sounds fucking gross. :P
One habit I have is tending to use the middle finger for no reason at all. Or when something frustrates me or I think about someone or something that makes me angry, I stick up my middle finger out of the blue. And passers-by tend to look at me wierd.
Given that I flipped off my computer everytime it went wierd on me, I'd say I use the middle finger quite frequently.
Megami - August 25, 2006 03:35 AM (GMT)
I didn't mean like... sit on them. XD But it's weird, and something I avoid doing in public. Haha. I also talk to myself when I'm driving. I like... do commentary on the other drivers when I'm alone in my car. Then again, part of that's probably contributed to road rage.
Cycokiller - August 25, 2006 04:43 AM (GMT)
I probably have all sorts of weird habits, but I sure as hell wouldn't notice them. I'll ask some of my friends and report back with intel.
Sephy - August 25, 2006 12:04 PM (GMT)
I have a tendancy to pick my nails-not wierd you say? well i pull mine right off half the time, hurts like hell but I can't stop doing it >.<
and I like the strangest food combinations, chips (fries to you Americans) dipped in milkshake are yummy =D
laZardo - August 25, 2006 01:00 PM (GMT)
I talk to myself so much it's crazy. Though I'm actually surprised that people haven't told me that I am, which I'm not....right? RIGHT!?
I also have the weird habit of muttering insults below earshot when passing by someone or even when people are nice (drop that, especially when people are nice.) Normally it's "bitches" though I sometimes switch it for "dumbshit" on occasion.
And please don't get me started on my pillows. n_____________n;;;;;;; Okay, you'll probably want to ignore me now. XD
Shula - August 25, 2006 03:58 PM (GMT)
Mmm, Wendy's fries and frosty...use said fries in lieu of a spoon. YUM.
Anyway...umm....I have a tendency to yell at people in Latin...I just got into the habit when I realized I COULD do it, and that it would frustrate whomever I was yelling at beyond compare, because they never have a clue what I'm saying. ^^
Oh, and I can't go to sleep unless I have music. Music = life. yes.
Lien - August 25, 2006 05:36 PM (GMT)
1) I fall asleep to Metal. And no, I'm not sure what music keeps me awake.
2) I cannot stand it, literally cannot function properly, if my normal clothes are wet. Like, I hate sprinklers with a passion, and I avoid pools like the plague if I'm dressed (not with a swimsuit). The weirder part: I was on my high school swimteam.
3) I will not hesitate to cuss out other cars and drivers with or without my friends in the car. But I always remember to say, "Sir" or "Ma'am," in just about every insult....
4) At a very young age I was raised on old school rap. If you listen very closely, when I'm bored to tears, you will hear Gangster's Paradise.
5) You people who talk to yourself, I've taken it to a new level. I talk gibberish to myself constantly, especially when pissed.
6) I can listen to one track for a CD for three or more days straight, and with my portable CD and car adapter for it... you're fucked if you're my friend.
7) I stick my head out the car window at certain types of genres played in the car (i.e.: rap, country, and pop).
8) I blink a lot, a lot a lot a lot, when confused.
9) My volume while singing matches that of the volume of the car stereo. You turn the volume down, I get quiet. Turn it up, I get louder.
This isn't so much a habit more than something that always seems to happen when I go out. As a girl that wears t-shirts and jeans a majority of the time, any time I go out in anything else (maybe a lower neckline, or even a dress/skirt), everyone notices and comments, usually not in my favor.
Remembered a better one. I have the worst reaction to caffiene known to man. It's like crack/speed to me. I get the jitters and everything with just one can of monster or soda.
Cycokiller - August 25, 2006 08:21 PM (GMT)
Ok here's one. I have a pool table in my basement, and a stereo right next to it. Whenever me and my friends play, I always turn the stereo on and pop in some tunes. The thing is, whenever I hear a good guitar solo I always have to play air guitar to it. I've tried avoiding it, but it's like holding in a sneeze; I might break a rib. So I begin playing air guitar on a pool stick. It looks retarded, but once during a dual guitar solo (the very best kind) my buddy joins in and we pretty much halt the game for the entire duration of the solo. It was awesome. We are so cool.
riserugu - August 26, 2006 05:32 AM (GMT)
Knowing three, somewhat five languages -- my Dutch and French are rather lacking -- makes for interesting talk. When my brothers and I were little, we invented our own little language mixing Russian and German words up to from a sentence. Like one word would be German, the next Russian, German, so from and so now. I continue to this today -- though namely if I'm mad, sad, etc. I have the habit of going off into a spiral of a mixture of different languages.
I cannot, cannot, start my day off without at least three Pelmeni; for those of you that don't know. Pelmeni is Russian cuisine, and I pretty much lived off of. They're stuffed dough buns, filled usually with meat -- I prefer mutton myself, and also filled with potatos, cabbage, mixed with eggs and sour cream. Yuum.
d0ddi0slave - August 26, 2006 05:35 AM (GMT)
I have fifteen hockey jerseys and counting.
Aphrodite. - August 26, 2006 02:40 PM (GMT)
Ok, so weird habits...
1. I'm like, extremmmmmmmely touchy and love to hug people, but if a person I don't WANT to hug me, I freak out and cringe. Like, it could be a friend, but I don't want to be hugged at that moment, and BOOM! I kind of go all shelly.
2. If a group of people is talking sometimes my brain takes it upon itself to try to concentrate on allllllll of the individual people, and again, I start to freak. I once yelled at my general family in rage to shut up. I think they considered taking me somewhere.
3. I sing. A lot. I will sing to strangers. Love it.
4. I drink at least four to eight cokes a day. (for you northern folk and probably all everywhere else, pops or whatever it is)
5. I always like, dance all booty-shaky when I'm "oh-so-sure" noone's around. Then POOF! someone is there. It never fails.
Ok, so not really all habits, but yea.
Cycokiller - August 26, 2006 06:53 PM (GMT)
|QUOTE (Aphrodite. @ Aug 26 2006, 02:40 PM)|
| 4. I drink at least four to eight cokes a day. (for you northern folk and probably all everywhere else, pops or whatever it is) |
No, it's still Coke here too...except we drink it with whale blubber and maple syrup and socialism. ;)
...I hate smileys so much.