zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

This forum., How do i get a forum like this?!
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 12:33 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Well, i was just wondering how did you get a forum like this? I mean at which website. Because i owuld to have my own forum too, someday.
And I like the design here.

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

- Weird Al Yankovic; The Saga Begins.
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 01:21 PM

Kid GM

Member No.: 11

I'l answer that, go to
www.invisionfree.com
and sign up FREE!!!

--------------------
"Enjoy everyday to its fullest, cause one will be your last."
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 01:23 PM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 21 2005, 07:21 PM)
I'l answer that, go to
www.invisionfree.com
and sign up FREE!!!

Hurray!

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 01:58 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Hmm. Could'nt get it to work, so i dropped it.

--------------------

jamfke
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 03:28 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 21 2005, 02:58 PM)
Hmm. Could'nt get it to work, so i dropped it.

What didn't work, the free board, or the address? There's a link to the invisionfree site at the bottom of this site's pages.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 01:52 AM

RPG Enthusiast

None of that. But when i wanted to create a Category and Topic, they did'nt show. And I ain't the big expert on HTML so i dropped it.

But if you could help me out, i would appreciate it.

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 06:20 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 3

Yes... It would be quite helpful if you would post your advice here. That way, those of us who are, um, HTML challenged, can perhaps put up our own sites someday!
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 04:58 PM

Kid GM

I tried a forum, just don't know how to create a board...

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:16 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Okay, when you log into your forum, you should see a link at the top that says AdminCP. This is your Administrator's Control Panel. You will find a menu on the left side of the screen that has all sorts of useful tools. One of these tools it New Category. When you click that, the creation page pops up in the window beside the menu. Examples of categories in this board are PBP, Works, Promotions & Links, etc.

Once you've created the category, then you click the New Forum link in the menu on the left. You go through that process and select which category to put it in. Then you're ready to begin posting topics in the forum.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:18 PM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (jamfke @ Sep 23 2005, 11:16 PM)
Okay, when you log into your forum, you should see a link at the top that says AdminCP. This is your Administrator's Control Panel. You will find a menu on the left side of the screen that has all sorts of useful tools. One of these tools it New Category. When you click that, the creation page pops up in the window beside the menu. Examples of categories in this board are PBP, Works, Promotions & Links, etc.

Once you've created the category, then you click the New Forum link in the menu on the left. You go through that process and select which category to put it in. Then you're ready to begin posting topics in the forum.

Ah! That way. I'll try that out tommorrow.

--------------------

NEW KID
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:18 PM

Kid GM

Thanx!
i also realize that u also need to fix the permission mask thingy

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:22 PM

Supreme System Overlord

That's correct. If you leave that unchecked for anyone, then not evey you can post!

--------------------
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:38 PM

RPG Enthusiast

What does it mean to pin a topic?

--------------------

jamfke
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:43 PM

Supreme System Overlord

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 23 2005, 06:38 PM)
What does it mean to pin a topic?

Selecting Pin Topic or whatever will place that topic ahead of all others in the forum and leave it at the top. All others will jump up and down as they get posted to, but the pinned topic will always stay on the top of the page.

If you pin several topics, they will jump around like the others, but they will always stay at the top of the page.

--------------------
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:47 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Good. Now im heading to bed. See ya!

--------------------

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0334 seconds · Archive