zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (20) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

In Character Posts, This is where the game is played.
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 04:50 PM

Kid GM

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Alright, let me make my self clearer
You get to choose, those on the list are just what you'll be getting for sure, the second group is going to be shared by the whole team

so you could have stuff like vibro blade, rifles, grenades......etc
(vibro blade is likele needed)

--------------------
"Enjoy everyday to its fullest, cause one will be your last."
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 04:59 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 23 2005, 10:50 PM)
Alright, let me make my self clearer
You get to choose, those on the list are just what you'll be getting for sure, the second group is going to be shared by the whole team

so you could have stuff like vibro blade, rifles, grenades......etc
(vibro blade is likele needed)

(OOC - But I only want that i've taken. I dont want to carry a tent around. And I dont want any Vibro-Blade/Axe either. Rfiels and Blasters are good enoguh for Tekku.)

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

- Weird Al Yankovic; The Saga Begins.
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:00 PM

Kid GM

(All will be leave at the camp you guys will set up at the beginning)

--------------------
theophilus
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 09:22 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 6

"Sir, I still have a number of questions and concerns which may not be shared by my companions. I would like to discuss them, but I understand if doing so might disrupt their schedules." Turning to the Verpine, "I only request from you a detailed summary of Verpine funerary rites and practices. I have a feeling we're going to need it."

(OOC - Keeli will wait until whomever chooses to leaves and then will launch into her questions.)

"We have a very serious lack of information on whats going on here. The delivery system does not seem to make sense. It seems to assume no Imperial presence in the system, but a definite presence on the ground. If we're dealing with a potential release of these animals, we'll need to know more about them, What they look like, how they hunt, what weaknesses they may have, whether thay are nocturnal, their visual and auditory spectrum. Also, we could really use more information about the planet and the facility. Schematics and such. At this point, we're going in blind while it seems like much more information is available, but being withheld. If this is the case, then I would like to go on record with a formal complaint."
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 09:48 PM

Kid GM

"The system was recently found, it is still mostly unexplored. Imperial Presence have never been reported. The reason we expect enemy forces is because the system use to keep these animals in are very secure, which i assure you. Heres generally what the creatures looks like. They are like huge black tigers with the ability to climb on and between trees and are deadly silent when they move, they have incredible sense of smell and vision, but they are not as adapted in the dark. The genetical altered form are more powerful and bigger, they have also developed thick fur/hide like skin which is almost completely blaster proof. Except for their head and shoulder area. The facility is also pretty new, its devided into two sections, the living quarter and the lab. The animals are kept inside, underground. The scientist basecally just work during the day and relax at night. There are monthly shuttles that goes there to supply needed material. The base has also ALWAYS kept a constant contact with the Intelligence, so the break worried us. I'm sorry Keeli, if you are looking for more, thats all the stuff we have."

"Oh yeah, the lab is located in the forest, which we do have a map of. We will work out your drop point later on the way into the system."

OOC: might as well tell me what you are really looking for OOC

--------------------
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 12:15 AM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (theophilus @ Sep 24 2005, 03:22 AM)
"I only request from you a detailed summary of Verpine funerary rites and practices. I have a feeling we're going to need it."

Looking strangely at Keeli.

''Rites? What are you taalking about, humie?''

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 06:49 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 3

Cal looks at Tekku from underneath the hood. "She means, do you have any special ceremonies or rituals that are performed for Verpines at their funerals. She wishes to make sure your remains are properly taken care of, should the need arise. And from her tone and demeanor, she's fairly certain we WILL need them before this is all over...

"As for equipment, I have a few requests right now, with possibly a few more after some careful consideration. I would recommend you issue us each a helmet with IR, heat- and night- vision capabilities, as well as life and movement sensors. Each should have a built-in comlink system so we don't need to fumble around with them manually. In addition I'd suggest fitting them all with 360 degree holorecording. Since we're going in with minimal information, Intelligence is going to want this documented and recorded in case something goes wrong. If that happens, hopefully the next team will be able to recover our recorders and make use of the work we'd done until the end.

"Additionally, you might want to consider issuing us some armor in keeping with the type normally worn by bounty hunters. Except possibly for our Verpine friend here who comes already armored, Keeli and I would likely benefit from armor that will offer us some protection without hampering our movements. We don't need all the fancy gadgets that someone like Boba Fett has; we don't have time for you to train us in their use before we deploy. But the armor might prove handy if one of those things takes a swipe at us.

If you will give me a few minutes, I'd like to consider what other items I wish to request. But I would highly recommend the ones I've already mentioned. I believe they will make our mission a LOT easier."

(OOC- I just had to post this on the fly...so my next post will be after I look at this candy store's menu! laugh.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif laugh.gif
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 07:02 AM

RPG Enthusiast

Looks very annoyed.

''Oh, i get it. Just because im alien, i'm supposed to have some strange ritual for my funeral. NO! Bury me like you 'normal' types.''

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 07:42 AM

Supreme System Underlord

"Strange. I'd have thought you'd be more annoyed by the fact that she figures you'll be the first to die, rather than thinking she's biased because you're an alien. By the way, she's not saying you're not 'normal.' She's admitting that she knows little of Verpine culture and is trying to respect you, not belittle you. No one here is trying to alienate you, if you'll pardon the expression. Or even if you won't. We're all just trying to get through this briefing so we can get issued our gear and get out of here- something I thought you were quite eager to do..."
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 07:45 AM

Kid GM

"You guys, arguing isn't going to help, this mission requires, er........more cooperative actions. Now, if you guys will, report to the armory to pick up your equipments and then go straight to the hangar."

OOC: i'll post what you get in the other thread when i hav time

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 08:15 AM

Supreme System Underlord

(OOC- Ok... Unfortunately I'm done for the day... I'll have to look at my list of equipment and pick out some goodies. Won't be able to post them until monday. Sorry about that sad.gif but I will get it posted early Monday morning.)

IC- "Please understand that I'm not arguing here. I'm just trying to point out to Tekku that he wasn't being slighted because he's a Verpine. If anything he was being slighted because he's displaying an inordinate amount of boredom and bravado that isn't impressing anyone. I believe Keeli was simply trying to make that point clear."
theophilus
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 01:51 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

"Look, I don't know anything about either of you two. I don't know what you can do and what you can't do. I don't know how many missions like this you've been on, but from what I'm seeing, I'd say close to none. You probably don't realize that the success or failure of this mission mostly depends on what happens right here, right now. We don't know how these things hunt, how they see, how they hear, what they like to eat. If there's been a release, not knowing will mean the difference between life and death for everyone down there. If you think you can just drop out of the sky, guns blazing and then swagger off to the next cantina you're deluded. That damn tabacc stick hanging out of your mouth will likely get you, and possibly all of us killed. They stay here. If these things hunt by scent, then we have to not smell. If they see infrared, then we have to give them nothing to see. If they have sensitive ears, we can use that to keep them at bay. You get what I'm saying here?"

Turning to the officers, "I'll take whatever you got. I'd like to requisition aerial sensors and remotes. If these things are arboreal watching the ground will be ineffective. Also, I'd like a high powered slugthrower with explosive ammunition. Do we know if these things give off an infrared or ultraviolet signature?"
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 02:06 PM

Kid GM

"Ah........your wrong, we definitely know what they eat," grimaced Greg. "They eat anything with meat, including each other, vicious carnivores. Their vision is not exactly yet determind, but yes, probably infrared."
He looked over at the verpine.
"All your drugs and smoke stays, tekku. Not that i mind, but Keeli here has made an excellent point, they'll probably smell you"
"As for the slugthrower, the weopon it self does not, but the explosive ammo does. The beasts can thrive in almost any enviroment except dark places and bodies of water"

OOC: go to the armory upon the conclusion of the meeting to collect them

--------------------
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 02:51 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Tekku looks oddly at the officer.

''Drugs? It's just plain old Tabacc's.''

--------------------

theophilus
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 03:09 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

"Sorry sir, I think you misunderstood. Do the creatures give off ultraviolet or infrared signatures? Also, what's this about them not thriving in dark environments?"
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (20) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last »

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0326 seconds · Archive