zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Happy Halloween
Hellcat
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 01:33 PM

Supreme Uber Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

bustin0.gif H A P P Y user posted image H A L L O W E E N FIREdevil.gif

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween. And remember, don't eat all the left over candy at once.
jamfke
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:14 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Happy Halloween to you too! One of my favorite holidays!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Hellcat
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 09:50 PM

Supreme Uber Freak

I hear that. One of the top two for me. Love to dress up like a ghoul, decorate the yard, then play some scary music and sound effects to get folks to come up the hill and trick-or-treat. Then I can try scaring some of the older kids who think their too cool to be scared, usually their not.

And tonight was one of the best Halloween's we've had in a while. Somewhere around a little over forty kids, putting it pretty much on par with the year we handed out full size bags of Twizlers. Bit of a story there, we'd bought in bulk for selling at a flea market and they didn't sell so instead of buying Halloween candy, we handed out these bags. And had kids telling others all about our house so we'd get "Is this the house handing out the big bags of Twizlers?"

Anyway, tonight it was regular Halloween candy, but it was the decorations, from both this year and last year, that brough the kids in. Had a small graveyard and a ghost that had been set out a while, so probably some of the folks who stopped by had seen that and though we might welcome trick-or-treaters. Then tonight we added the finishing touches. Jack-o-lanterns, a misting tombstone, a misting cauldron, an anamatronic Halloween decoration (I like to call it Andrew Jackson cause that's what it looks like to me, a bust of the president), a couple black lights, a lightning machine hooked up to one of the black lights to get it to flash to the sounds of the music and sound fx, a stereo with my Halloween music and sound fx mix, a mini strobe flashing in one of the jack-o-lanterns, a fog machine, and flashing Halloween fairy lights running in and out of the tombstones to give them an eerie orange glow. Had a couple of boys tell us they could see our house from a mile away and they just had to come by. Then had a mother tell us her son wouldn't allow them to stop trick-or-treating until they found the scary house with the smoke from last year. One of the people with them said we're becoming a Halloween tradition. Hey, if that means they'll be back next year, I'm fine with that.
jamfke
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 10:19 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Cool! Pictures?

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 08:39 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

Halloween isn't big in Australia. You get some people that'll throw a Halloween party, but it's usually just a fancy dress party. You very rarely get kids coming to the door trick or treating (I make sure I have something just in case). They're trying to make it bigger here, but it's not catching on. I was in the USA for Halloween for 2001, and that was fun. I LOVE candy corn. You can't get it here sad.gif Oh well

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
jamfke
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 08:41 AM

Supreme System Overlord

I wonder if I could send some to you next year. Don't know what sort of restrictions there are sending sugar overseas... unsure.gif

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 08:48 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

If it's clearly marked and declared, it should be fine. Please send some. I know it only comes out this time of year.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
jamfke
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 08:59 AM

Supreme System Overlord

If I can find some before they get rid of it all, I'll send some real soon.

--------------------
Hellcat
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 11:09 PM

Supreme Uber Freak

If the Puritans were still in power in this part of the country, I doubt Halloween would be very big here either. Scratch that, I doubt we'd even be allowed to celebrate. But thankfully they pretty much lost all their authority and I don't know of anyone who claims to be a Puritan these days. Though from the sounds of things in Australia, it sounds like what Halloween was apparently like down south back during colonial days. And probably pretty close to around the country in the 19th century. Was just watching something on Halloween yesterday afternoon on the History Channel and they said trick-or-treating didn't really start until around the 1930's, or something like that. It really wasn't considered a children's holiday until the 20th century here. And now it's becoming more for young and old alike.

Ok, now for a bit of a request. Gonna use ImageShack cause these are probably gonna be a bit too big to load here.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
jamfke
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 08:37 AM

Supreme System Overlord

Great pics! I love the graveyard scene. Cool cloak and skull mask too! Good job!

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0293 seconds · Archive