zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

New adventure
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:41 PM

Kid GM

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

theophilus, add 5 character points, 1 force points, and a move of 10 to you character sheet since you don't hav it

--------------------
"Enjoy everyday to its fullest, cause one will be your last."
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:42 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 20 2005, 08:35 PM)
i made a request on the boards, he agreed

hum..............

i might not be able to stay on for more than 15-20 minutes each session though, so we can't finish an adventure in three days sad.gif

seems like we're good to go

No no, that's not what i mean. I mean if we could WAIT till Friday to START the adventure.

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

- Weird Al Yankovic; The Saga Begins.
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:43 PM

Kid GM

no problem

--------------------
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:44 PM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 20 2005, 08:43 PM)
no problem

Hurray thanks!

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

theophilus
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:53 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 6

Keeli Garnell
New Republic Covert Ops. Infiltrator
Gender - Female
Species - Human
Height: 5'-7"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: brown, shoulder length
Description: A lovely young lady. She's almost always smiling and happy. You'd never know what she did for a living by looking at her. She has a jovial and sunny disposition.

Dexterity 3D+2
Blaster 4D+2
Dodge 4D+2
Firearms 4D+2
Melee Combat 4D+2

Knowledge 3D

Mechanical 2D+1

Perception 3D
Sneak 5D
Con 4D
Hide 4D

Strength 3D
Climb/Jump 4D

Technical 3D
Security 5D

Move:10
Force Sensitive: No
Character Points: 5
Force Points: 1

Equipment:
Silenced Slugthrower pistol (3D, ammo-10)
Garrote (STR+1D)
Vibroknife (STR+1D)
Soundbaffled headstrap comlink
helmet
Snoopergoggles (+2D search in lowlite)
Stungauntlets (STR+2D stun damage)
chemical dart shooter
Security toolkit

Keeli was always adept at sneaking around. As the daughter of an Imperial officer, one had to know how to bypass security if one was to enjoy Courscant's nightlife without finding oneself under constant guard. Even when she did slip up and get caught, she found herself adept at batting her lashes at her dear old pop and melting away his anger. As a child, she had blindly accepted the benefits of being the child of a highly placed Imperial officer. When her father fell out of favor with his superiors, she discovered the darker side of all she had previously enjoyed. She discovered the Empire was the heartless monster the lower level dwellers claimed it was. She was approached by agents of the growing rebellion. About this time, she became accutely aware of the cost her former life had been on those citizens of a thousand thousand worlds who suffered under such an unjust system. Slavery, political oppression, political assasination and imprisonment. It turned her stomach. She signed on to help the rebellion at about the time it collapsed following the Emporer's death. Now her skills were in much greater demand as the remnant fought tooth and nail to regain lost ground.

Keeli's hatred for the Empire is matched only by the thrill of sneaking around and causing all kinds of havoc unrealized until it's far to late for her targets to do anything about it. She despises killing and will do her level best to avoid it if possible.

Off duty, Keeli is light and friendly. She enjoys joking and pranking and sees her job as a kind of continuation of her prankish nature. She takes her duties seriously, ...but not too seriously...
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:54 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 3

Your time constraints won't be as big an issue, since this is to be a play by post. We just post when we can, and can't write for anyone else's characters. If we all happen to be on, then we can progress through some distance at a good clip, but only if we're all on. Like, I won't ever be on past 5:30 PM my time, (it's 4:52 now) and some days it'll be earlier. But that's the beauty of PBP. We just do it as it comes! And party bonus if we're all on at the same time!
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:56 PM

Supreme System Underlord

This should be as the GM has required:

Cal Jeth
Young Jedi
Human Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210
Character Points: 5
Force Points: 2
This character is Force-sensitive

Physical Description: Cal is a broad-shouldered, muscular young man with long brown hair and deep blue eyes. He almost always wears black, whether it's combat fatigues or his black pants and tunic with the high black boots and hooded cloak. Cal usually has an intense look on his face, but those who know him can see the good humor behind his eyes.

DEXTERITY 3D
Dodge 5D
Lightsaber 5D

KNOWLEDGE 3D
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 3D
STRENGTH 3D
Stamina 5D
TECHNICAL 2D
Lightsaber Repair 3D

CONTROL 4D
SENSE 4D
ALTER 4D

Force Powers:
CONTROL: Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Accelerate Healing, Detoxify Poison
SENSE: Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Life Detection
C&S: Lightsaber Combat
S&A: Affect Mind

Cal is the descendant of a powerful Jedi Master who was also a superb swordsman. Cal is the first in many generations to actually be Force-sensitive, and as such has inherited a collection of knowledge gathered by his ancestor, Arca Jeth. Cal has also inherited Arca's natural ability with the lightsaber and has been fascinated by the stories passed down among his family about Arca's abilities to turn a desperate situation to victory through his skills.

Cal is determined to bring honor back to the name Jeth. His family lived in fear during the Emperor's reign, relieved that none of their children showed Force potential- except Cal, that is. Living on the Rim is probably all that saved his life.
Now that the Emperor is dead, Cal has been training with the datacards left to him and has built a number of lightsabers to increase his skills. These weapons range from a small, easily concealed stylus- sized weapon with a blade capable only of deactivating maglocks to a multi-phase, fully adjustable lightsaber that took him two months to build.

As Cal's skills have grown, he's begun using them to perform acts of sabotage against the Empire. His Force skills have come in handy during his personal campaign. He's raided the local Imperial garrison successfully many times, and is now looking to take his skills Coreward in an effort to join his efforts to the New Republic, thereby hopefully acting on a larger scale. In addition, with all the reports he's been hearing over the last several years, he's hoping to meet Luke Skywalker, perhaps train with him.

A quote: "What would my great great great great great great great great great great grandfather have done?"

Equipment (Before the GENEROUS GM gives us our allotment from the New Republic...) laugh.gif

Black combat fatigues
Black pants, tunic, boots
Black hooded cloak
Utility belt w/ removable combat harness
Medpac X 3
Spare blaster packs X 10

Weapons: Lightsaber (adjustable blade) 5D, mini lightsaber (blade only extends to six inches) 3D
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:57 PM

RPG Enthusiast

You're right. But i just wanted to be there to blow the whole thing off. But off course i you start earlier i cant stop you. It's a democratic choice.

(I'm making this sound very serious and political. tongue.gif )

--------------------

Jedi Skyler

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 20 2005, 08:57 PM)
You're right. But i just wanted to be there to blow the whole thing off. But off course i you start earlier i cant stop you. It's a democratic choice.

(I'm making this sound very serious and political. tongue.gif )

You'd better make a Con roll... laugh.gif
theophilus

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 6

I've got to second New Kid's assessment of the Jedi. His D6 total comes to 35D rather than the normal 25D for characters. Normally, Force Skills are initially bought with attribute dice and increased using skill dice. So the first D in each Force Skill would be subtracted from the 18D for attributes. Any additional force skill dice would be added from skill dice (still sticking to the "no more than 2D" rule). Additionally, the first D in any force skill yields 1 force power. each pip added to the force skill provides an additional force power under that skill. Depending on how long the character had a teacher.

I don't know how New Kid is running it, but this character is way overpowered for the standard rules.

Just my 2 cents.
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:58 PM

Kid GM

Okay, no problem
we'll start soon

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 03:04 PM

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (theophilus @ Sep 20 2005, 08:57 PM)
I've got to second New Kid's assessment of the Jedi. His D6 total comes to 35D rather than the normal 25D for characters. Normally, Force Skills are initially bought with attribute dice and increased using skill dice. So the first D in each Force Skill would be subtracted from the 18D for attributes. Any additional force skill dice would be added from skill dice (still sticking to the "no more than 2D" rule). Additionally, the first D in any force skill yields 1 force power. each pip added to the force skill provides an additional force power under that skill. Depending on how long the character had a teacher.

I don't know how New Kid is running it, but this character is way overpowered for the standard rules.

Just my 2 cents.

All I was doing was going with the template for Young Jedi that I got off the Rancor Pit site. On it, the character starts out with 5D in Control, Sense, and Alter. I didn't add any Attribute Dice in to the stats I'd posted, and as you can see, we've been paring him down. Like I told Skaff, I wasn't trying to cheat or anything here. Just come up with a decent character who will also be able to contribute to the party from the beginning, rather than have to sit in a cargo hold going over Jedi meditations to improve his D codes before he can actually do something...
NEW KID
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 03:09 PM

Kid GM

before an argument kindles, few things

since this is my first character approving thing, im rather leniant right now.

though later, this is going to get stricter

A human starts with 18 attribute dice, 2 in each and six to be assigned to by player.

every D you want on force skill, you get one attribute taken off

to make things fair, you two without jedi, go ahead and add 4 more bonus skill dice

any more objections??

if there are, these character will only be temporary, only for this mission

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 03:12 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Believe me, I'm not arguing here. I come from the Rancor Pit, and arguments/ flaming just isnt' done there. I like that atmosphere, and intend to carry it over here. I do welcome help with character generation, as it's been a while since I've done it. So as long as we can have friendly disagreements, everything's fine. We're here to help each other and have fun, not shoot each other down. I don't think that an argument was brewing here. Just people tryin' to make sure things are kept honest, which is what I want as well. biggrin.gif
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 03:15 PM

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 20 2005, 08:26 PM)
we'll be starting soon, as soon as i get my board rolleyes.gif (hint)

In fact, we might get him to make us an In Character thread and an Out Of Character thread for in-game posting and real-people posting. They have that on the Pit and it seems to be working well. Any thoughts, Skaff?
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0446 seconds · Archive