zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (10) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Chapter One, Club Murder
Orgaloth
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 07:45 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



Well brother, I am going in. I want a drink, and to see what this place is like.

Dughom-Ber faces the other hunters,

"I'm going in. Don't you all follow, and don't you sit at my table. Seperation is good, animnomity is better."

With that he walks in.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 09:51 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



"Good plan," said Xavier, whipping out his datapad. "I'm going to plug into the nearest public terminal and see what kind of information I can find- general layout of the neighborhood, possible escape routes, transportation schedules, power grids, stuff like that. I want to get as much info as I can before we do this. Anyone have any requests before I jack in? Once I'm done, if we still have people on the inside, I'll go in and get a drink myself. While I'm there, I'll take some holos of the place so we can form a plan of attack, and maybe some backups as well."
Top
jamfke
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 06:34 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Aug 30 2006, 07:45 AM)
Well brother, I am going in. I want a drink, and to see what this place is like.


Dughom-Cin nods as his brother speaks to the others.

I'll be near the entrance should you need a distraction. Just "yell".

He smiles.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 01:38 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



Narrator: Finding a terminal wasn't hard, finding out things like - escape routes from buildings and ways to exploit business security though weren't going to be listed as public facts for everyone's knowledge for anti-theft and arson reasons. What Xavier did find out was that the the building was secure...It had one entrance on the bottom floor. It did have sewer access coming from a pump room at the far end of the kitchen. That wasn't a likely escape route though. There was roof access and a speeder parking garage on top of the building listed as 'private'. The area to the north of the building was also under ownership of Binool, a warehouse. At least, Binool seemed to own the lot. There was no business or operations actively planned in the warehouse.

As the five hunters neared the club, a sign outside it read "No loitering. Strictly enforced." It was unclear who would enforce that, Imperials or Binool's goons, but none of them wanted to attract attention during the dead club hours. They entered just to get a feel for the place. Taking tables near the entrance, they waited to be served and noticed that most everyone in the place was either eating or playing sabaac. Security inside was high...It had to be if games got out of hand. Some of the patrons were armed, and the Rodians working as security were armed with blaster pistols and stun batons. The Gamorreans, more security, just as Genta had said were carrying vibro-axes. As Dughom-Ber went to get some drinks at the southern part of the employee station, he got a good look of the dance floor in the eastern quarter of the building. To his immediate south were the freshers...and outside of the employee station, there were many guards standing around, mostly Gamorreans guarding a northern door. That was likely the entry point of the underground. Back to the east, the bandstand was empty, but lots of noise was still coming from the dance floor. There was a one sided discussion going at high volume...A Rodian in a purple suit was screaming at one of the Gamorrean guards and two of the Rodian security staff. From their posture, they were frightened and looked ready to duck out of the way of a barrage of attacks. Well, it looked as if Masko was on the floor, but there was no sign of the drug dealers or Binool. He could be in the Underground...or could possibly be in the members level on the second deck. Access to that level was guarded too... upper deck overlooked the dance floor...and it was hard to tell who was up there.

Server Droid at Bar (male voice): What would you like to drink sir? (to Dughom-Ber)

Narrator: The others didn't wait long before they were approached by a server droid who walked not far from all of them as if on a stage.

Server Droid on the floor (female voice): Can I get any of you hansome gents something to eat or drink? Here's how it works at Binools...You tell me what you want and I can automatically deduct from our ingredients in stock whether or not we can make it. We're well stocked so...name away if you're hungry...Our drink selection is grand...ranging from the casual brew or fizzyglug to exotic wines. (she briefly excused herself and walked off to the south to tend to a spill, but said she would be right back to take their orders after some consideration)

OOC: Don't let the map fool you guys into thinking that combat is imminent. You guys are looked at right now as patrons. If you're there to eat and investigate, you'll likely go unnoticed. If you're looking for a fight or pry around too hard, you're going to get a fight and will be pryed right back. I just put the map up to give you guys a general idea of distances and how many guards were there. You have several options at the moment. One - see if you can gain access to the members area. Two- check the security near the door leading to the underground. Both of these will involve conning and bargaining....Or, three- leave and check out the warehouse to the north and use your investigation skills.

These are just food for thought...If you guys come up with anything else, go with it. smile.gif

Binool's Club Scene


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 09:46 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(OOC- Just so it's clear, the moment Xavier began heading for the entrance to the club, he switched on his 360 degree holo recorder to begin taking video of everywhere he goes.)

Xavier considers briefly the available drinks, and settles on a fizzyglug, wanting to keep his wits about him, but keep suspicion off by appearing to be just a patron of the establishment.

He leans over to one of his compatriots. "You know," he says quietly, "if we were able to get hired in here as muscle, we might have an easier time getting around. Something to think about."
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Sep 15 2006, 09:23 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



Dughom-Ber orders a local drink, and stands at the bar drinking it, and scanning the cantina. He watches a Sabacc game for a moment,

Hey brother, we could try the Bespin sting here. I'm sure that this place wouldn't be equiped to pick up our pheromones.

Dughom-Ber turns back and grabs a serving droid by an arm,

"What time does this place close? And do I have to woory about Imps doing a raid here?"

He listens intently for the reply, but doesn't pay full attention to the last answer as he spots Masko. He turns around so his back is to the bar, and he leans against it with his elbows on the bartop.

Psycho at 4 o'clock.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 09:07 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier also watches the gambling area, not being too experienced at sabaac but familiar with the rudiments of the game. He makes sure to get a good look at every nook and cranny he can see, giving his recording equipment ample time to create a 3-D map of the area.
Top
Darth Windu
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 07:35 AM


Experienced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 170
Member No.: 17
Joined: 21-January 06



QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 14 2006, 09:46 AM)
He leans over to one of his compatriots. "You know," he says quietly, "if we were able to get hired in here as muscle, we might have an easier time getting around. Something to think about."

"You're right. You see those guys getting a doing over by the Rodian? We could replace then. That guy's probably so angry he wouldn't even notice who he hired." Seth muttered back. "Don't know about you, but I'm heading to the dance floor and the screaming Rodian."

He began to nonchalantly stroll around the bar and towars the dance floor, brushing past Dughom-Ber without looking at him. He tried not to make the impression he was headed straight for the dance floor. He stopped at the bar, ordered a glass of Chandrillan Wine started flirting with the female patron on his left. After saying goodbye, he took his glass of wine and started for the cluster of Guards. He stopped right beside the Rodian, who didn't even notice him in his fury. "Help not so good, eh?" He said, putting on a Corellian accent as he had done with the woman. Piffers dug it, everybody knows that.


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 08:56 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



"Oh, I wish he hadn't done that," Xavier mutters under his breath. "I was just speculating. I didn't mean for him to go over there and try to get a job!" He looked over at Myn. "I think we might have to give ol' Seth a little schoolin' later," he said, allowing a bit of a drawl to filter through into his voice.

Xavier made sure his recorder picked up every detail of Seth's interaction with the goons...
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 11:53 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



"What time does this place close? And do I have to woory about Imps doing a raid here?"

Server droid: Dancing begins at the 21st hour standard time and ends the next day at the fourth hour standard time....The bar never closes. In the month since my last full maintenance and wipe, I've never seen Imperial troops in this building.

"Help not so good, eh?"

Narrator: Even though they were armed, the security guards stepped away cautiously from Masko...but stopped short as someone, a newcomer dared to interject something while Masko was screaming. This could be deadly...There was no yelling, nor did Masko lash out and quickly recoil as he had been known to do when getting interrupted...Instead, he turned to see who had walked up just a few feet away. A human...likely a mercenary, or some other troublemaker looking to make some money...He could use someone like this for...errands.

Masko: Gorayda tahsch-naydah...Why are you bothering me human? Ith-it for a job or are you inthulting my thtaff for no other reathon bethideth you want to die? If you have the thtonethssss....I have the creditthssss. Otherwithe...you jutht thcrewed up by coming over here...big time.

Narrator:It was the typical Rodian lisp when pronouncing certain syllables in Basic...but there was little humor in hearing it. Masko was deadly serious, and Seth had better speak up quickly before the situation goes further down hill.

Seth speaks with Masko


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 09:02 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier watched the scene unfold, doing his best to make it look like he wasn't watching.

He was, ya know, watching casual.
Top
Darth Windu
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 05:52 PM


Experienced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 170
Member No.: 17
Joined: 21-January 06



Seth grinned. "You read my mind. I'll be happy to work you. Masko." He answered. Keeping eye contact with Masko. That was a close call. He knew the violent Rodian had been close to attacking.


--------------------
user posted image
Top
jamfke
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 06:32 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



I think we'll have to save the games for later brother, our friend seems to be trying to get himself killed.

Dughom-Cin moves to the opposite side of the bar from his brother so he can be closer to the scene if anything goes down.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 08:16 PM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



Listening to Seth's and Masko's exchange, Dughom-Ber almost chokes on his drink,

Did that idiot just call him Masko, without having the name inroduced to him? He's giving away that he has information on our targets!?! Sithspit!

Dughom-Ber, tries to cover his shock by coughing and spluttering a little,

"Damn insects."


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 4 2006, 06:07 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



OOC: Taking into account that Dughom-Cin did change his location, just don't have access to that map until this weekend...Sorry. smile.gif

"You read my mind. I'll be happy to work you. Masko."

Narrator: It was an odd choice of words, at least, naming Masko outright. It wasn't too unlikely that Masko had a reputation around the club and the area for...solving problems. Still, the Rodian squinted as if in thought....

Masko: Are you familiar to me?...Have we met before?...You theem to know me....but who are you? Jutht another high prithed nobody, or thooter of renown from a dithtant thythtem?....Thith thould be good...I like to know whoth applying for an opportunity.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last »


Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^


Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0302 seconds · Archive