zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (10) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Chapter One, Club Murder
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 08:24 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(OOC- No sweat, man. I've moved MANY times. Get your digs squared away, and post when you can. It's YOUR world!)

Xavier looks at the young Twi'lek and nods slowly. "We'll take any intel you can offer us. Information is power, and since yours is first-hand, it is very powerful indeed.

"By the way, I don't know what kind of visitors you usually have here, but if you're able I'd recommend you and your mom take a small...vacation from here. As a precaution. You know your neighbors better than we do, but since that lady saw us, she might be blabbing right now to someone that you have some unusual visitors. I'd really hate to see anything happen to someone as beautiful as you simply because you were seen with us- especially since you're doing the right thing."

Privately, Xavier toyed with the notion of giving the girl a secure comm frequency upon which they could be reached. He pulled out his datapad and typed up a quick note:

Do you guys think we should give her a secure comm freq to call us on, should she get visited by any drek bags? She needs to not suffer for her part in this. If you agree, just hit the 'Y' key and pass it on. I'll send a message to our teammates' pads to get their assent.

He then passed it to the team members in the room as they spoke to the girl.
Top
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 02:00 PM


Novice Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 19
Member No.: 47
Joined: 1-June 06



Myn stepped into the room just as Xavier finished speaking, and he watched as his teammate tapped out a message on his datapad. He took it first, hit the "Y" key, and passed it on to whoever was next in line.


--------------------
The trap I'd set for you
Seems to have caught my leg instead...

-mewithoutYou
Top
jamfke
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 04:04 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



With a slight grimace, Dughom-Cin read the message. With his brother out of range for their special communications, he had to make the decision for both of them.

Judging that the girl's knowledge of our presence and our mission could be a detriment to them should she be captured and tortured, he acknowledged the suggestion to give her the frequency.

Passing the datapad along, he then moved alongside the nearest window to take a peek outside.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jul 27 2006, 08:24 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier regarded the attractive young Twi'lek as her eyes went round the group. Despite her current profession, he thought, she still maintains an aura of innocence. That is rare in this business. I hope this whole affair doesn't strip that from her.

Out loud he said, "You are quite brave to come forward with this information. We appreciate your willingness to aid us in dealing with this individual."
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 02:17 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



"We'll take any intel you can offer us. Information is power, and since yours is first-hand, it is very powerful indeed."

Genta: I know who is considered Binool's popular guests...I know he's become pals with Globey Dxu and Spicer Strim...two gangster spice pushers. I even managed to steal a code card to get you into the underground. Of course, that only gets you past door one. I'm not crazy enough to get caught beyond that point...Too many girls have gone past and ended up dumped and slashed...Got to be careful here while at work. Some of Binool's stooges travel around from club to club looking for more girls...It's crazy!

"By the way, I don't know what kind of visitors you usually have here, but if you're able I'd recommend you and your mom take a small...vacation from here. As a precaution. You know your neighbors better than we do, but since that lady saw us, she might be blabbing right now to someone that you have some unusual visitors. I'd really hate to see anything happen to someone as beautiful as you simply because you were seen with us- especially since you're doing the right thing."

Genta: Beautiful? Hah...I don't feel beautiful. I'm just a basic step up from a stripper...I thought I would be going back to school by now, but with dad gone...I have to help my mom as best I can. Oh, you don't have to worry about the old lady. She wants no part in anything besides her check from her son. Mrs. Grask is just a crazy old lady...very unfriendly too...and my mom is, as you can see...a drunk. I'd love to take a long vacation from here, but she insists that dad will come back. If we leave, she says we'll permanently divide the family.

"You are quite brave to come forward with this information. We appreciate your willingness to aid us in dealing with this individual."

Genta: Thank you for your kind words...but really....I ran away, but I hope that I can help braver people than me to get Retaygo. Between himself and his gangster friends, he's got well over forty full time club bouncers and likely even tougher guys underground. (looks at the datapad being passed) What's that?

Narrator: Staying near the entrance, Dughom-Ber watched as traffic whizzed by. Traffic coordination lights for street traffic only lasted for a few seconds before intersection traffic switched back and forth. No one was walking around the immediate area except for a few people that lived in the complex itself. Suddenly though, a speeder van not paying attention to the signals slammed into speeder cab, causing both to spin offcourse and slide to opposite ends of the street. Immediate detours were made as traffic leapt over them. The human woman in the van exited with two teenage kids whom she was still yelling at. The Rodian cab driver, whose cab was in much worse shape than the dented van came out holding his neck.

Woman: Next time, get the address before we look for it! I don't know where the bread shop is since the other one went out of business.

Girl: Mom, I thought we were going for shoes....

Boy: Oh man, look at that guy's cab...He's screwed!

Girl: We hit him, it was our fault...well, mom's fault.

Woman: We'll have a much smaller claim than him.

Rodian Cab driver (reaches into cab, pulls out blaster rifle) Yamah chi ya! [Not after I hit back!]

Narrator: The horrified mother and kids watch as the cab driver unloads his blaster rifle into their van...Dughom-Cin sees all this happen as he peers out the window, only a few feet from where the cab skidded to a halt.

Genta: Yeah, traffic here can be bad...Speeder rage...that especially can be bad.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 04:48 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



Dughom-Ber takes a passing interest in the speeder crash.

**She should have been watching where she was driving.**

He keeps an eye out for any possible enemies.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 10:18 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(looks at the datapad being passed) What's that?

Xavier smiles charmingly. "I'm putting together a little 'care package' for you. In the off chance these goons suspect you've talked, I want you to be able to get in touch with us. I'll give you a secure frequency we can be reached on."

His eyebrow arching, he continued. "By the way, you don't feel beautiful because you're not getting treated as though you are, and that's not going to happen in this environment. But what you do doesn't determine what you are, or how beautiful you are. Just take it from someone with an artist's eye," he says, winking at Genta as his smile broadens.
Top
jamfke
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 06:12 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Dughom-Cin watches the altercation in the street below with a smirk, and then continues to scan the area for trouble.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 01:44 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



"I'm putting together a little 'care package' for you. In the off chance these goons suspect you've talked, I want you to be able to get in touch with us. I'll give you a secure frequency we can be reached on."

Genta: Thank you very much sir...I'll keep a look out...for my sake and...well mom's sake too. She's pretty good too when she has a moment of clarity. In fact, you guys better be out of here before she wakes up. Here...this is the key card. I had to go through alot to get this damn thing, so don't lose it. It will get you out of the club scene and into the back...near the underground. I had to give a Gamorrean a lap dance...much more than I'm used to doing, but I managed to snag it from him. He's one of the guards, as many of Binool's guards are Gamorreans. Dumb and loyal, but not very organized. They're packing heavy blasters and big mean looking axes. Watch out for them. Globey and Spicer, they're likely to have gunmen with them...if they're down there. The elite of Binool's thugs are Rodians...They're pretty serious guys, not goofballs like the Gamorreans. I've seen Binool leave the club one time and several of his Rodian bodyguards had rifles.

"By the way, you don't feel beautiful because you're not getting treated as though you are, and that's not going to happen in this environment. But what you do doesn't determine what you are, or how beautiful you are. Just take it from someone with an artist's eye,"

Genta: Awww...that's really cute (blushes a bit beyond the normal red range). I suppose you're right. A knight in shining armor...come to swoop me off my feet. (laughs) You're really a gentlemen, despite your attire...Are your companions as likely to be as smooth?

Narrator: Outside, the Rodian cabbie continued to fire into the woman's speeder van until suddenly, he was shot down from a distance. Both the Weequay brothers turned suddenly and saw an Imperial patrol coming down the street.

The troopers quickly took positions around the scene, with three of them standing over the body of the Rodian cabby with this E-11s pointed at him. The squad leader addressed the woman.

Stormtrooper Sergeant: Ma'am, you look like you need assistance.

Woman: Oh, thank goodness for you sir. We tried to take cover but there wasn't anywhere to go. He kept shooting our speeder after we accidentily crashed into him.

Stormtrooper: Damn it! More paper work. Ma'am you're under arrest...You and your kids will have to come down to the garrison with us....So you can help us with all the damn paper work. We got two smashed vehicles and an....accident related vehicle fatality.

Narrator: The woman looked around for a few seconds...and then turned to the trooper.

Woman: Sounds alright with me.

Stormtrooper Sergeant: (calls one of his team over) Get on the horn, have a street cleaning crew come out here and tractor tow the vehicles out of here...and see if they can sweep him up before the bugs or birds begin to peck on him.

Stormtrooper: Yes sergeant....Sergeant, should I round up witnesses?

Sergeant: Yes...(looks around and his helmet's view narrows down on Dughom-Ber)...Take his statement.

Narrator: Three of the Stormtroopers moved off towards where Dughom-Ber was waiting...watching. Upon seeing how he was dressed, and what he was carrying...the Stormtroopers took precautions, spreading out.

Stormtrooper 1: You there sir....Did you see the accident?

Stormtrooper 2: If so...who caused it?

Stormtrooper 3: Were more people involved that may have left the scene?


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 03:52 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Dughom-Cin watches the troopers moving toward his brother, then turns toward the others, "We may need to get going. Imps have taken interest in a little accident below, my brother is being approached by three of them."

He unslings his rifle and moves toward the door.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Myn Antilles
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 06:23 PM


Novice Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 19
Member No.: 47
Joined: 1-June 06



"Cin, put it down...walking out to greet the Bobbies with your rifle at the ready isn't the best way to make a good first impression," he whispered in the Weequay's ear.

Myn hadn't been listening to their contact (her name escaped him at the moment) for the past few minutes; his attention had instead been focused on the accident scene below.

"Let's just you and me go down and see if we can tail them..."


--------------------
The trap I'd set for you
Seems to have caught my leg instead...

-mewithoutYou
Top
jamfke
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 07:15 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Dughom-Cin glances Myn as he speaks, then nods as he reslings the rifle.

"Let's go."


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 06:46 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



QUOTE
Stormtrooper 1: You there sir....Did you see the accident?


"Yes, the woman disobeyed the signal."

QUOTE
Stormtrooper 2: If so...who caused it?


"She was arguing with the offspring. So maybe it was them."

QUOTE
Stormtrooper 3: Were more people involved that may have left the scene?


"No. No-one else was involved. Here is my identification, and my private freq, if you have anymore questions"

Dughom-Ber, pulls out is hunters license, and gives them his commlink frequency, all the while keeping an eye out for danger to their mission.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 08:26 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Genta: Thank you very much sir...I'll keep a look out...for my sake and...well mom's sake too. She's pretty good too when she has a moment of clarity. In fact, you guys better be out of here before she wakes up. Here...this is the key card. I had to go through alot to get this damn thing, so don't lose it. It will get you out of the club scene and into the back...near the underground. I had to give a Gamorrean a lap dance...much more than I'm used to doing, but I managed to snag it from him. He's one of the guards, as many of Binool's guards are Gamorreans. Dumb and loyal, but not very organized. They're packing heavy blasters and big mean looking axes. Watch out for them. Globey and Spicer, they're likely to have gunmen with them...if they're down there. The elite of Binool's thugs are Rodians...They're pretty serious guys, not goofballs like the Gamorreans. I've seen Binool leave the club one time and several of his Rodian bodyguards had rifles.

Xavier accepts the key card, shuddering as he gets a mental picture of the lovely young woman being in such close proximity to the porcine Gamorrean. "See?" he said. "Brave." He tucked the key card safely away in a pouch on his utility belt, figuring he could examine it later and reproduce it, if necessary or deemed prudent. "Thanks for the advice on the hired muscle, although that particular Gamorrean might not still be there after having lost his key card. Someone like Binool might just reward such carelessness with a quick blaster bolt to the head."

Genta: Awww...that's really cute (blushes a bit beyond the normal red range). I suppose you're right. A knight in shining armor...come to swoop me off my feet. (laughs) You're really a gentlemen, despite your attire...Are your companions as likely to be as smooth?


Xavier finds himself greatly enjoying and appreciating Genta's blush, finding that it confirms his earlier appraisal of her innocence not being completely gone. He smiles and winks at her. "Not likely," he replies. "But I'll definitely keep the notion of sweeping you off your feet in mind.

"As unpleasant as it might be, much less the desired topic of conversation, is there anything else you can think of that might help us in bringing this piece of poodoo down?"
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Aug 7 2006, 01:29 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



"See?.....Brave."

Narrator: Genta raised one eyebrow at him and smiled wanly.

Genta: If you say so. You're the ones going in...getting paid yeah, but still...you're the brave ones.

"Thanks for the advice on the hired muscle, although that particular Gamorrean might not still be there after having lost his key card. Someone like Binool might just reward such carelessness with a quick blaster bolt to the head."

Genta: You're such an optomist. Binool blasting one of his own goons would be nice, but it's hard to find people who won't 'squeal' either because they're that loyal, that stupid, or no one else can understand their grunts. The Gamorreans are all three of that...they're almost completely safe in not leaking anything about him...except of course loosing the key. If Binool finds out, he'll have the lock codes changed and may have an alarm system backing it up...you know, for like...tampering detection and stuff. I've had that key card for weeks, but, since the stooge who lost likely won't come forward about it...Binool likely doesn't know about it yet. I hope it gets you guys in the door. (watched Myn and Dughom-Cin leave)...They're going out there? Why? As long as your partner doesn't draw on the Imps, he should be fine. Oh well, anyhow...Do you two (Xavier and Seth) have any questions more for me? I can upload directions to Binool's club, but once you're inside you'll have to watch out for the drug pusher goons, hired thugs, and whoever is paling around with Binool. That card may be your only friend.

Narrator: Outside, things were winding down. Wreckage removal and...dead Rodian cabbie removal would soon be underway...and after taking a peek at Dughom-Ber's guild license, the Stormtroopers eased up a bit as well. The third stormtrooper began keying in information for later witness reporting.

Stormtrooper 1: Bounty hunter eh? Well, that's good to know that something is getting done around here. There are a lot of places uptown that we'd love to shut down, blow up, mass arrest or just go in blasting...but we can't because of riots. You don't go in shooting the criminals in some places, especially if they're citizens of Rodia. Our garrison wouldn't be able to deal with all of Equator City and backwater hunters coming back into civilization all being up in arms around us. Chaos.

Stormtrooper 2: But with you, there is no one to hate...No one to riot against...Just solutions to criminals...and that makes our job...

Stormtrooper 3: ....One hell of a lot easier.

Narrator: Imperial Stormtroopers...incorruptible...unbribable...immune to seduction...and always willing to do what was necessary to see order through...even if it meant giving anyone and everyone in a building a good killing. Of course, that wasn't what the hunters were looking for...but still, the troopers could be useful...in the sense of gaining valuable information about gang activity, underworld alliances and what they might all be walking into.

Stormtrooper 1: You're in Tommy Two-Tail's neighborhood right now. We try to keep his influence and pushers from bothering local businesses, but unless we come with a full company, we know he's in charge...So, if you don't mind us prying...Who are you looking for?

Stormtrooper 2: We'd like to see how fast you (watches Dughom-Cin and Myn arrive outside the building not far away [approx 30 feet])...and your friends can make whoever you're looking for...disappear.

Stormtrooper 3: Chances are, we've arrested them before.

Stormtrooper 1: We don't care what happens, as long as you take perverts and junkies out of here...and as quiet and un-Imperial looking as possible. The idea is to...preserve order. We'll point...you'll shoot.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »


Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^


Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0358 seconds · Archive