zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Chapter One, Club Murder
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 4 2006, 10:23 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Narrator: The assignment was on screen, and soon afterward, the little astromech whirled back into the lounge to report that a course was set for Rodia...The quickest route coordinated could take them to Rodia within twelve hours...the drawback is that it took the ship through an area of dead space...no known settled worlds and anyone they came across was likely a pirate. The slower route would take six hours longer, but it would take them through more civilized space. It was actually two jumps...one to Lashbone, and then a quick replot to Rodia.

That's the way it usually was...the quicker path had the most risks, whereas the safer path took more time.

The little droid waited for the crew to take a vote...or for someone to step up and decide.

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 4 2006, 07:10 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

Time to take the initative, eh brother? Quickest route, that way if we come across pirates, then we can get more bounties.

To the droid,

"Quickest Route. We're in a hurry."

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 08:37 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

"Yeah, we need to get on this one and get it nailed down quickly so we can get back on top in the credits department," Xavier seconded. He then looked at the Weequay brothers. "So...do you two have any more piloting tricks to show me as we head into hyperspace? If not, I'm going to work on some programs that will help make slicing this club's systems easier."
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 07:27 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

When we do check up on Boggo, I think we should use a different terminal. Not one on the ship. I bet he checks our logs

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 6 2006, 01:35 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

OOC: Jamfke...your stinky responses are requested by your stinky brother. blink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
jamfke
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 04:10 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

(OOC-"PFFFT" fart.gif OOPSIE!)

Yes, perhaps we can find a use for Xavier again. He is a slicer after all.

Dughom-Cin smirks while checking the hyperdrive status.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 11:41 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Unless he gets us into trouble again. I still haven't forgotten about that incedent in the Minos Cluster. I'm going to the cockpit to make sure the droid sets us on the right course.

Dughom-Ber stands up and heads to the cockpit.

--------------------
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jul 10 2006, 04:29 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Member No.: 47

Myn didn't speak to his team-mates; he had little to do with the operation of the ship, and he didn't feel like making small talk about their assignment, or anything else for that matter. He wanted to be alone...but no such luck.

He turned his attention to the diagnostics screen before him, watching the numbers flicker past. He understood them well enough; there went the menuvering jet calibration angles, the alluvial dampner's relief algorithims, the coolant system's temparture reports. Everything appeared to be in order, and the Corellian appeared to be redundant.

The story of your life, Myn...redundancy.

He sat upright, shaking his head lightly. He needed to do something.

Rising from the chair by the console, he turned towards his teammates in time to catch Xavier's comment about writing slicing programs.

"I think I'll join Xavier, if he doesn't mind."

--------------------
The trap I'd set for you
Seems to have caught my leg instead...

-mewithoutYou
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 08:30 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Narrator: The trip through dead space was uneventful either due to luck, or perhaps anyone searching routes decided that anyone bound for Rodia from Hutt Space was not worth the risk of upsetting. In either case, within twelve hours time the Law's Longarm II came out of hyperspace at a comfortable distance outside of Rodia's atmosphere. Upon entering orbit, the hunters were contacted by ground control giving informing them of the open docking bay located in the north quarter of Equator City...it would be perfect. Upon the approach, everything seemed to be just fine, no signs of trouble or possible trouble. The bustling city below them was alive with speeder cars, swoops, and people walking through a maze of streets. The jungle city was unlike many places found in the galaxy, for though it looked like a beautiful garden, it was as dangerous as most parts of Atzerri, Corratos, and even Tatooine. The modified Yt-2000 rotated and set down not far from the recharging port hoses in the northern portion of the bay. As the landing repulsors fired and the ship set down, a Rodian customs worker stood by watching the ship inquisitively. From the cockpit, he could be seen calling into a comlink and as the crew of the ship exited, he was joined by a light patrol of one squad of Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Army Lieutenant. The troopers kept their weapons at port arms, and this wasn't uncommon for them to assist locals in customs and ensuring order...still, anytime Imperials oversaw anything, it could mean trouble.

user posted image

Narrator: The troopers said nothing as the hunters approached down the gangplank and into the bay, but the officer and customs worker watched them intently.

Rodian Worker: I'll thay thith in Bathic tho all of you can underthtand. We need to go through a cargo manifetht and interetht in vithit declarathun. Altho, the landing fee in thith bay ith 150 credith...If you don't want to pay...park in the jungle.

Narrator: Rodians had a hard time speaking Basic due to their snout and tongue placement...Rarely did they attempt it. Most of the time they spoke their native tongue or Huttese...and the Army lieutenant at his side cringed as the Rodian spoke with an odd trademark lisp of most Rodians who tried to speak Basic. He couldn't stand by and watch the worker butcher Basic any longer.

Imperial Army Lieutenant: My name is Lt. Grask. I'm assigned to the Imperial Garrison here and am helping out customs. Who is the captian of this ship, and what is your business here on Rodia?

OOC: Most of you can take all of your equipment on you and walk around the streets of Equator City and not be bothered by anyone about weapons permits and things of that nature...simply because everyone else is carrying something. I still need revised lists of equipment from Orgaloth and Jamfke. Thanks.

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 04:40 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Damn this humidity. Give me the desert heat any day.

Slowed down slightly when the Rodian started talking, mainly so he could translate the rodian's basic. Once the stormtrooper speaks, he stops and looks around at how the rest of the bounty hunters are dressed and then looks at the Stormtrooper, and then again at the hunters.

He is kidding isn't he? Or is he really as dumb as a kowakian monkey lizard?

Dughom-Ber Rounds onto the Lieutenant.

"This ship is the Guilds, it is in our care, so we are all it's captian. And what other business would someone have on Rodia? We are here to hunt."

He then hefts his deck clearing gun onto his other shoulder and looks pointedly at the lieutnant.

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 09:56 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

OOC: Clarification - none of the Stormtroopers have spoken. Only the customs guy and the Imp Officer have said anything so far.

"This ship is the Guilds, it is in our care, so we are all it's captian. And what other business would someone have on Rodia? We are here to hunt."

Narrator: The lieutenant smiled at Dughom-Ber's response...They were a bunch of scum-bag bounty hunters. Rodia's visitors' interests in the mega-city were clear to him, and it came to a surprise that the bounty hunter who responded didn't do his research on the place before landing. Despite the reputation that Rodia had received for producing bounty hunters and criminals pursued by bounty hunters, there were hundreds of others things that these five looked like they might be interested in...like smuggling, picking up dates...or prostitutes, big game hunting, spice deals...and of course, the extensive black market.

Lt. Grask: All of you are the ship's captain...hmmm...that sounds really efficient. Well bounty hunter, there are a lot of things to do here on Rodia besides hunting the usual scum bags you're probably used to tracking. Most of the things here found on Rodia can get you into trouble. We try to bail outsiders out who are visiting this place for the first time or who may have forgotten what this place was like on their last visit...hence the questions and the declaration. Enjoy your stay here bounty hunters...Oh, one last thing. We bail people out of trouble, but come down pretty hard on those who look to make trouble. Our garrison is small, but it's large enough to really ruin your day should you try. You're all free to go, as soon as you pay Kleeko here the 150 credit docking fee.

--------------------
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 10:09 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Myn stood at the back of the team, arms folded nonchalantly as he listened in silence to the exchange between the Rodian, the Weequay, and the Imperial officer. What they said hardly concerned him; the credits would come out of the team account, and from all he'd heard of Rodia they wouldn't be required to register their weapons, which suited him fine.

He did hope, thought, that they wouldn't search him to any real degree; he had a handful of computer spikes in the bag with his portable computer and his clothes, and he'd yet to meet the Customs agency that didn't mind the illegal slicing tools.

He glanced at the stormtroopers standing nearby, but didn't make eye contact. If the soldiers made any trouble, he knew the hunters could cut them down, especially with Dughom-Ber's deck gun...but he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

"Hope" doesn't equal "won't".

--------------------
The trap I'd set for you

-mewithoutYou
jamfke
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 03:52 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Jul 12 2006, 04:40 AM)
Damn this humidity. Give me the desert heat any day.

Slowed down slightly when the Rodian started talking, mainly so he could translate the rodian's basic. Once the stormtrooper speaks, he stops and looks around at how the rest of the bounty hunters are dressed and then looks at the Stormtrooper, and then again at the hunters.

He is kidding isn't he? Or is he really as dumb as a kowakian monkey lizard?

Dughom-Ber Rounds onto the Lieutenant.

He then hefts his deck clearing gun onto his other shoulder and looks pointedly at the lieutnant.

At least we're not on Rishi.

Dughom-Cin sneers toward the Imperials as he checks the power pack of his DL-44 then slams it back into its holster and hooks his thumb into his belt. He almost lets out a chuckle as he picks up his brother's quip about the lieutenant's similarity to the crazy beast that was one of Jabba's favorite pets.

That or a squib on glitterstim.

As his brother addresses the lieutenant, Dughom-Cin crosses his arms and gives him the same look. He glances over his shoulder toward the back of the group.

"Myn, would you mind paying the man as we head out?"

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 08:00 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

QUOTE (Kradedis @ Jul 12 2006, 10:56 AM)
Lt. Grask: All of you are the ship's captain...hmmm...that sounds really efficient. Well bounty hunter, there are a lot of things to do here on Rodia besides hunting the usual scum bags you're probably used to tracking. Most of the things here found on Rodia can get you into trouble. We try to bail outsiders out who are visiting this place for the first time or who may have forgotten what this place was like on their last visit...hence the questions and the declaration. Enjoy your stay here bounty hunters...Oh, one last thing. We bail people out of trouble, but come down pretty hard on those who look to make trouble. Our garrison is small, but it's large enough to really ruin your day should you try. You're all free to go, as soon as you pay Kleeko here the 150 credit docking fee.

"Don't worry he will be payed. And we are here for some R&R. I don't doubt that you and your squad could ruin someones day."

Or Hoth, my dear brother. This one does have the inflatted ego of a Squib. I hope we get to pop it.

Dughom-Ber smiles at the Lieutenant, before moving on to let Myn pay Kleeko.

--------------------
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 08:11 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Myn stepped forward, still silent, producing one of the Guild account credsticks he'd been given before they embarked.

"Well, shall we, gentlemen?"

(edited)

--------------------
The trap I'd set for you

-mewithoutYou
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0304 seconds · Archive