zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  ( Go to first unread post )

 Chapter One, Club Murder
Orgaloth
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:07 PM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



QUOTE (jamfke @ Oct 30 2006, 04:54 PM)
This isn't looking good...

Dughom-Cin casually drops a hand to his thigh, placing it near the butt of his blaster, while reaching toward the small dish of stale kohoko nuts with his other hand. Clutching a few of the rancid goobers, he tosses a couple into his mouth and bites down.

"BLEECCCHHH!"

To the bar keep, but loud enough for the whole cantina to hear, "What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Hope this helps and doesn't hurt the situation brother, keep an eye out for me.

I'll watch your back.

Dughom-Ber turns when his brother makes his outburst, and looks at the guards and bartender, to see who will make the first move.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 04:24 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



OOC: Work is sucking the life out of me right now...but I have a day off on Wednesday, and I think that will be perfect to start round one of the blaster fight that is about to begin at the bar...Happy day...see you all there. smile.gif


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 10:35 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Ah...the sweet anticipation... 04.gif
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 02:48 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



QUOTE
"THERE you are?! What the heck are you doing? I thought we were going to stick to the plan..."

Looking at the Rodian who appears to be getting quite trigger-happy, Xavier stands straight and says, "Pardon my brother here. He and I had been talking about trying to gain employment here; it's one of the better-looking establishments we've come across." He looks over at Seth and continues talking to Masko. "I told him we should just observe carefully how you handle the joint, because that says a lot about the overall atmosphere." Xavier gestures at Masko's goons, a sweep of his arm that takes in the entire room. "Other than my impetuous brother here, you've got this place locked down pretty well. That tells me you're a boss who runs a tight ship. You have a plan, and you expect your men to execute it." He nods. "That speaks highly of you and the owner. He obviously knows how to hire the right people." Pointedly not extending his hand, but relaxing his posture just slightly, into what would be an easy but defensible stance, he says, "My name is Xavier. I apologize for my brother's strange behavior... but sometimes, when he gets ultra-observant, he almost goes into a kind of trance. If something piques his curiosity, he just zones out sometimes. I know it had to be kinda weird, having him go out like that on you. Believe me, I've been seeing it forever, and it still wigs me out."

Grabbing Seth by the arm and steering him toward the front door, he adds, "He might seem off to you, but he's a good man in a fight. I really would like the opportunity to at least be considered for a job. Would you happen to have anything available?" he asked, letting just the right amount of hopefulness creep into his voice, hoping it would quash the Rodian's temper long enough for them to at least get out of this one...


Masko: Awoh...you know thith guy? Thank the thtarth above. Thith guy wath about to be tore up from the floor up...beat up from the feet up...I don't want any breakage in thith plathe...tho get him out of here. He'th thtarting to wear on me. If you want to thee about a job here though, thinth you theem to be in the thame line of work of hurting people ath your brother...athk him about it. He'll explain it to you...and then completing that will inthure that you might gain membership here...no guaranteeth, but you'll gain favor and be on your way to getting up there (points up at the restricted area). Bathically though...I need thomeone to pay up for protecthun. Your brother hath the detailth.

"What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Masko: What in the hell ith that dinguth doing over there? (to himself...or possibly even to Xavier and Seth)

Narrator: They were fighting words...regardless of the intent...distraction, drunkeness, it had to be taken seriously...and that is exactly what the droid bartender did...he dropped to the floor. Everyone in the place looked over at commotion coming from the bar...and as soon as "I have a mind to blast you for this" was uttered, most of the patrons began looking for cover. At "I may just do so"...the Gamorreans in the place powered up their vibroaxes and watched for what was coming next.

Masko: Don't thoot at the bar! (said as the Rodian guards around him and all around the place begin un-clicking safeties and drawing their blaster pistols. The closest Gamorrean (#5) stood ready to charge into Dughom-Cin with a heavy vibro-axe should he jerk his weapon and begin firing.

user posted image

OOC: They haven't started firing yet, and there is still may be a chance to calm things down...all of that will go out the window after the first action. Declare what you're all going to do.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 09:39 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Dughom-Cin pivots toward Masko, "Are you the owner of this place?" He picks up the dish of nuts and tosses them on the floor in his direction, "You want to have some respect? Get some nuts worth having!"



--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 9 2006, 05:55 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



Narrator: Masko watches the plate shatter on the floor...All the blasters in the room are pointed at Dughom-Cin...while eyes of the Gamorreans watch both of the brothers.

Masko: Not the owner chuto...I'm jutht here to take out the thrath...Thatth you right now chuto...You want to die over thome freking nutth? Pretty thtupid of you chuto...Why don't you take a walk on out of here or we'll carry you out...Take your twin with you. No one wantth to come to a thlaughter houth...but I can turn thith plathe into the freking wild bunch if I want to. I'll count to three for you to make up your mind...One...Two...

Narrator: The Gamorreans are big...three of them stand ready with vibro-axes all within rushing distance of Dughom-Cin. He might get one shot off before being swung at from two other angles and having to dodge blaster fire the whole while....Dughom-Ber's odds were a little better, provided that Masko's brutality was all hype and he was just a punk...odds were though, that wasn't the case. The other hunters watch...waiting for everyone to make their plays.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 10:22 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier shifts almost imperceptibly into an easily defensive stance. His hand moves to the grip of his blaster, which he loosens in its holster. Noting that he's just a tad bit too close to the bouncers if the shots start flying, he deftly grabs Seth's arm and steers him out of the line of fire.

Hopefully the Gamorreans don't quite catch on to the fact that he's just moved Seth and himself into a perfect position to fire on either them OR Masko, should it come to that.

(OOC- Basically Xavier crossed behind Masko and pulled Seth by the arm a little more toward the top of the map. They're now far enough out of the line of fire that they can still see the brothers, and will hopefully appear to be setting themselves out of the bouncers' line of fire, with good lines for themselves if they want to get in the firefight. In reality, though, Xavier is simply looking to be able to provide a nasty surprise if things start going bad...)
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 03:40 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



OOC: Okay, Xavier moved...with Seth. Where are you guys exactly on the map? Example: Masko is standing in 54 Horizontal, 30 Vertical.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 04:06 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



(OOC-I suppose I've moved out to 18 H, 46 V.)


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 12:24 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



QUOTE
Dughom-Cin pivots toward Masko, "Are you the owner of this place?" He picks up the dish of nuts and tosses them on the floor in his direction, "You want to have some respect? Get some nuts worth having!"


Pivoting isn't the same as moving three meters away from the bar and then picking up a dish of nuts to toss them off the bar. I think I'll keep you in the same place...the same place where you began talking trash. smile.gif Which just happens to be where three large guys are waiting to hack you down.

Please everyone...you have got to understand there is a better approach than frontal assault...in well, just about every situation.

Two choices...either leave...or prepare to be hurt very badly.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 08:05 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Well, I had assumed that I would have taken a few steps forward. Guess I should have said so...


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 01:35 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



OOC: Perhaps you did move a few feet...just not six meters like you requested. Are you guys leaving, or are you going to let them go first?


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 07:01 PM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(OOC- I personally think this is not 'the time' to take these guys out. We've gathered a little intel, and there's now a chance for us to get one or two of us planted on the inside, which might help matters-especially since Xavier's a slicer. Perhaps the bravado should be saved for a revisit to this...establishment. We can regroup somewhere around the corner, after we've insured we're not followed (after leaving separately, of course...), take care of this 'proof' Xavier and Seth need to come up with in order to have a shot at getting on the inside, and go from there.

Any thoughts?)
Top
jamfke
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 07:37 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Noting the reaction of the guards, Dughom-Cin sneers at Masko, "Well, trash man, you need to clear out the larder, and while you're at it, that barkeep needs to go to the scrap heap as well."

With that, he turns toward the door and storms out.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Nov 14 2006, 04:44 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



Dughom-Ber watches his brother as he leaves.

I'll join you in a moment

Dughom-Ber watches to see if the guards relax any. He finishes his drink, grabs a handful of nuts, and casually walks out after his brother, munching on the nuts.

"I don't know what he's on about. They seem fresh to me."


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 


Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^


Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0365 seconds · Archive