Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

 Chapter One, Club Murder
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 5 2006, 10:57 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier almost allowed his shoulders to slump in relief, but held himself in check. He continued to monitor the entire facility, keeping his recorder going.
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 9 2006, 02:25 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



Narrator: Masko reaches into his lepel pocket and grabs a death stick...as he searches for his lighter, he looks back at Seth and squints as no reply comes.

Masko: Well you know who I am Joe...did you forget your frekin name? Did you hear me before Joe? I athked who you are? Thpill it...what ya waitin for? Frek...you're thtartin to wathte my time...HELLO!

OOC: 04.gif


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Oct 9 2006, 04:36 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



Is our friend getting nervous brother? Should I assist him?

Dughom-Cin motions for the barkeep and orders a Bloody Gundark.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Orgaloth
Posted: Oct 10 2006, 03:54 AM


Brown Coat Rebel Mod
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 1,333
Member No.: 5
Joined: 17-September 05



I think if we were to make a move, our blasters would be running hot. Keep you weapon ready, but wait until Masko makes a move. Who knows, we may get a slight pay rise.

Dughom-Ber sips his drink and watches the Gramoreans and Masko, waiting for the Rodian to live up to his reputation.


--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Top
Darth Windu
Posted: Oct 10 2006, 07:39 AM


Experienced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 170
Member No.: 17
Joined: 21-January 06



"Zeke Terrik at your service." Seth responded quickly. He never should have done this. Seth cursed himself for trying. Gunning and punching is what he's good at, not smooth-talking violent Rodians. Too late to back out now.

"I s'pose I fall into the categorie of Nobodies. But, I'm working my way up. Beings have to told me that you are have jobs in my bussiness of choice. I'll work cheap."

He felt the comforting weight of his knife, in it's sleeve sheath. He was almost hoping something would happen, that Masko would attack him. His fellow Hunters wouldn't like it, of course, but they already thought him incompetent, anyway.


--------------------
user posted image
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 10 2006, 11:28 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier carefully noted the positions of his teammates and their potential enemies. Potential, he thought, because the hard light hadn't begun being slung yet.

Hopefully things remained that way for now. They didn't have nearly enough intel...
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 10 2006, 07:08 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



Narrator: The flap of green skin lining Masko's mouth just to the left and right and under his snout twisted...the sign of a slight smile.

Masko: Well...no frekin thhutta thloota. Okay Cheap Zeke...Okay...I'm the carder and I'll deal you in...Zeke. Thoundth like a fake name to me, but thatth fine too. I've theen your fathe if thith comezth back to bite me in the ath. Hereth the deal...Thereth thith guy...an old guy who liveth out in town five blockth from here. He payth for protection, and well, I believe that everyone thould be punctual in their paymentth....in fact...it ith alwayth betht to be early. Hith name ith Dantin Tahl...one of the only Human buithness ownerth in the northern dithtrict. Go there, tell him I thent you and that payment ith early. If he doethn't have it, you don't get payed tho you may have to break thome thtuff for him to cough it up. Bring it here, thow me, and we'll sthplit it. Thouldn't be too much of a challenge for you...in fact, I may have more jobth for you if you can get the cath without roughing old Tahl up. I don't want him to have a heart attack or get blathted...I jutht want to keep him on hith toeth. Underthtand...Cheap Zeke?


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 11:38 AM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Well, now I don't know if this has gotten better or worse, Xavier thought. He's gotten an in now, but now he has to prove himself by going out and pulling some extortion.

I wonder... perhaps we could work with the 'protectee' and cough up the money from our operating expenses so he appears to have shaken the guy down, without having to actually collect.

Of course, we'll have to work as a team to make sure he isn't followed...
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 02:26 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



OOC: I'm going to need an answer pretty soon, uh, like by the end of this week from Seth, or I'm going to have to change somethings around...radically.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 06:33 PM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(OOC- If Seth hasn't posted by the end of the week, I'll make an intervention post and take the heat off Seth, unless you have other plans. PM me and let me know.)
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 28 2006, 01:15 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Oct 26 2006, 06:33 PM)
(OOC- If Seth hasn't posted by the end of the week, I'll make an intervention post and take the heat off Seth, unless you have other plans. PM me and let me know.)

OOC: That's just fine...I'll go ahead and give you a prompt to jump in on Monday.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 28 2006, 02:01 PM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



(OOC-Alrighty then. C ya then!)
Top
Kradedis
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 02:53 PM


Advanced Roleplayer
*

Group: Members
Posts: 86
Member No.: 45
Joined: 22-May 06



Masko: Underthtand...Cheap Zeke?

Narrator: When no answer comes...Masko begins to look around a bit suspiciously...looking around for anyone else who may be watching. Was this bum taking ques from someone?...No, not likely...nothing in his ears to signify he was waiting for orders or anything.

Masko: You thould get your hearing checked with your profits human...in a way though, your the perfect thtreet hooligan. You don't even thpeak up to acknowledge your employer...meaning you probably won't thqueal to anyone...like anyone careth...(still no reply)... You aren't taking thignalth from thomeone? Your thtarting to kind of creep me out...Zekee Peeps...Cheap Zekee Peeps...your an odd one...thomething not right about you...thath for thure...You know what...(turns to his guards)...Why don't you guyth help old Zeekee here get himthelf lotht...He'th too freaking creepy...even for me...(squints at Seth)...Ith all you do ith thtare? Goodneth thaketh alive...get thith wierdo out of here.

Narrator: Blaster pistols are powered up but not aimed at Seth.

Rodian Security Guard: Okay chuto...ith time for you to go...

Masko: (to himself) Why do they have alwayth have to be tho wierd?..How long did it take for him to regithter the firtht time? Ten theconds...and the thecond time...for frek sake...he didn't even anther the thecond or third time. Why can't they be more enthuthiathtic and anther right away? Why can't they be more eager to puth thtuff and people around...like me?

OOC: Sorry Seth...I know things are busy with the holidays coming up but we got to move on (starting a conversation and then disappearing at the finalization of it can get messy when dealing with Masko)...and I'm glad that I didn't have to start blasting because Xavier looks to want to have a stab at this. Above may be Xavier's que to approach Masko...he's left some clues as to what he's looking for, be careful though...Masko's patience level just went from cranky to really looking for a fight.


--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Top
jamfke
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 03:54 PM


Supreme System Overlord
*

Group: Admin
Posts: 3,183
Member No.: 1
Joined: 14-June 05



This isn't looking good...

Dughom-Cin casually drops a hand to his thigh, placing it near the butt of his blaster, while reaching toward the small dish of stale kohoko nuts with his other hand. Clutching a few of the rancid goobers, he tosses a couple into his mouth and bites down.

"BLEECCCHHH!"

To the bar keep, but loud enough for the whole cantina to hear, "What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Hope this helps and doesn't hurt the situation brother, keep an eye out for me.


--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Top
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 06:46 PM


Supreme System Underlord
*

Group: Mad Mods
Posts: 791
Member No.: 3
Joined: 17-September 05



Xavier slides out from his table smoothly, taking a circuituous route around the floor and eventually ending up over close to where Masko and his goons are starting to look unpleasantly disposed toward Seth. Xavier looks pointedly that way as if searching, looks away, then does a double-take. He walks directly to Seth's side, exclaiming along the way, "THERE you are?! What the heck are you doing? I thought we were going to stick to the plan..."

Looking at the Rodian who appears to be getting quite trigger-happy, Xavier stands straight and says, "Pardon my brother here. He and I had been talking about trying to gain employment here; it's one of the better-looking establishments we've come across." He looks over at Seth and continues talking to Masko. "I told him we should just observe carefully how you handle the joint, because that says a lot about the overall atmosphere." Xavier gestures at Masko's goons, a sweep of his arm that takes in the entire room. "Other than my impetuous brother here, you've got this place locked down pretty well. That tells me you're a boss who runs a tight ship. You have a plan, and you expect your men to execute it." He nods. "That speaks highly of you and the owner. He obviously knows how to hire the right people." Pointedly not extending his hand, but relaxing his posture just slightly, into what would be an easy but defensible stance, he says, "My name is Xavier. I apologize for my brother's strange behavior... but sometimes, when he gets ultra-observant, he almost goes into a kind of trance. If something piques his curiosity, he just zones out sometimes. I know it had to be kinda weird, having him go out like that on you. Believe me, I've been seeing it forever, and it still wigs me out."

Grabbing Seth by the arm and steering him toward the front door, he adds, "He might seem off to you, but he's a good man in a fight. I really would like the opportunity to at least be considered for a job. Would you happen to have anything available?" he asked, letting just the right amount of hopefulness creep into his voice, hoping it would quash the Rodian's temper long enough for them to at least get out of this one...
Top
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 


Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^


Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0295 seconds · Archive